PDA

View Full Version : The new Tool album?

Mythra
02-25-2006, 12:40 AM
I heard a little while ago that Tool is putting out another album and going on tour again. If anyone has any news to confirm this, it would be greatly appreciated. I've checked on their website but haven't found anything about it.

Slothy
02-25-2006, 04:16 AM
There have been some news posts on their site in the past about them writing the new album. Given Maynard's time spent with A Perfect Circle though, and the fact that I don't want to torture myself waiting for it until it's release is actually announced, I have no idea how far along it is, or when it may come out.Hopefully soon. It's been what, five years since Lateralus?

Jimmch939
02-25-2006, 09:03 AM
You are correct, they have a new album in the works.

From tool's website:

01 Feb 06
TOOL RECORD MASTERED

Salma stopped dancing on January 29th. The next morning the members of the band flew to Portland, Maine to have the record mastered by Bob Ludwig. This was done on January 31, no doubt followed by a lobster dinner. (Toolband.com)

I've actually been hearing rumors that is has already leaked. We shall see.

chrs229
02-25-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah... im positive I heard somewhere that they were going to put out a new album

Suikojowy
02-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Heard about this a while ago.

Apparently the thing's done and everything, they just have to release it. Tour dates have been posted on blabbermouth, with Reading Festival being one of them.

woo!

metro
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Mythra
03-12-2006, 03:35 AM
Whoot!!! On Tool's site today, they announced that the cd is coming out on May 2nd, is called "10,000 Days", and will have the following songs on it:
Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

Tool fans rejoice!!! :)

kikimm
03-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Okay, I guess I can finally start getting excited now. I didn't think this would ever happen. ;P I'm really curious as to how this is going to turn out.

Mythra
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm excited for the new album. Even though I still like A Perfect Circle better, Tool still has some really amazing stuff. I especially love how they can take an innocent cooking recipe , play it in german, and make it sound all demonic like (the song Die Eier Von Satan). Truely great stuff ;)

Mythra
03-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Sry for the double post but here is the new tool logo and album mini directly for their new cd, 10,000 Days, from their site, toolband.com.
http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_logo.jpg
http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_mini_art.jpg

Sing the Sorrow
03-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Tools coming out with another album and im really excited. Tools one of my all time favorites bands. Theres no song from them i cant listen to.