PDA

View Full Version : Black

Spammerman
02-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Has any1 heard of the game black. IForm what ive read in my game informer you can shott just abou tanything, and can do things like shoot some1 in the shoulder and spin them into a guy behiod them or collapse where their standing or collapse the ceiling on them.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Heard of it. Havent heard about it. THX

Dreddz
02-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Meant to be pretty good, Gamespot gave it a pretty average score though.....

XxSephirothxX
02-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah. I'd like to play it. It's getting decent reviews, and it's just supposed to be pretty average once you peel away the graphics and ability to blow the hell out of everything. But since it's only a 5-6 hour game, I think it would be more than worth the price of a rental. I just hope it'll play well on the Xbox 360.

DK
02-25-2006, 01:31 AM
I got it yesterday and played it today, and it's pretty amazing so far. I just did a mission that took me around an hour and 10 minutes. Although, lack of multiplayer and apparant shortness means i'll most likely take it back and trade it for something else once i've completed it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2006, 03:27 AM
I got it yesterday and played it today, and it's pretty amazing so far.I don't know, man. I'd think that'd be the kind of thing you'd want to explain.

DK
02-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Gimme a break dude, I'm tired. :(

The graphics are top notch, so it's nice to look at. The controls are basic FPS fare and they work well. The recoil on firing guns is nice and realistic, can't just hammer the trigger down otherwise you shoot over their heads and so forth. The weapons i've found and used so far have all been an absolute blast to use, Shotguns are always awesome fun but they're, I dunno. Just something about it in this game, like in the mission I did you have to clear out a few out buildings on a farm for one part, and you can only carry two weapons at any one time and I had an AK-47 and the Shotgun, and it was just fun throwing grenades into the buildings and then storming them and sending people flying back with the shotgun. The AK is cool at first, but when you get the silencer for it it becomes awesome. I found an Uzi on the first level and that was a blast to use as well. And yeah, there's a crapload of explosives like, everywhere. The only bad thing so far is the enemy A.I. You can shoot one guy and another will walk up and stand right infront of his corpse and not do anything about it. I started shooting these guys on a bridge from an embankment and the alarm set up and like 6 were shooting from the bridge, but these two guys jawjacking at the bottom of the hill just stood there and ignored it. But I guess i'm comparing it against the enemies of Snake Eater who at least responded to this type of thing. Even with that, though, the game is still just really fun to play, and at the end of the day that's what it's all about. Only been one glitch so far, and I got a really bad picture of it, but a picture none the less.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/pic007.jpg

:D! He was just stuck in middair like that. I had to clear out the rest of the enemies before I could take the picture.

But so far overall it's been real good fun.

Rase
02-25-2006, 05:59 AM
From what I played in a demo, I'm in basic agreement with Kyono. I really liked just seeing how the environment reacted to things, and the A.I. seems serviceable. I'd definetly say at least rent it if you're an FPS fan, like I will this weekend. :)

NM
02-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I just hope it'll play well on the Xbox 360.

The XBox version won't work on the 360, and Criterion arn't going to be making a 360 version of the game. Details here (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63026)

As for the game, I played the demo for a minute or two, but I just can't play FPS games on a pad so i'll be giving it a miss. It does look nice though and the ability to shot the hell out of everything in sight sounds amusing. For a while at least.

Jowy
02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Whoever you picked it up from broke a street date. ^_^

A copy might have slipped out of the cellophane and into the store X-Box. It's decent, but it's not worth forty bucks. I'll wait for the price to drop in two months.

DK
02-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Who broke the street date? :o

Jowy
02-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Not supposed to hit shelves until 2/28. :)

DK
02-28-2006, 05:20 AM
It was a 24th release date for Europe. ;o But, he might have. He sold me Shadow of the Colossus before the release date, too. Stan is cool. :D

~SapphireStar~
02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Heard of it, but I havent played it yet. I work in a second hand game shop and we already have our first copy in. No one was putting it aside for themselves, so I may do. Not sure yet. May test it at work first.

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I really like this game. I like how all of the explosions, gunshots, bullet ricochets, and the effects of stuff getting destroyed are rediculously maxed out.

What's puzzling is that its a game made by EA.... that's NOT a stupid sports or racing game... and it's actually good.

MecaKane
04-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Penny Arcade says Black is no good! And since I don't have an Xbox I'm going to listen to them!

I really like this game. I like how all of the explosions, gunshots, bullet ricochets, and the effects of stuff getting destroyed are rediculously maxed out.
Dude, if you like action games like that, you should play the GTA series. You'd probably love them!

What's puzzling is that its a game made by EA.... that's NOT a stupid sports or racing game... and it's actually good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronics_Arts#Notable_games_published_by_EA
The Sims, Black and White, Lord of the Rings, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, etc :aimwink:
Along with the 50 billion developers owned by EA.

Erdrick Holmes
04-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Black is on the PS2 also.