PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Mencia-Not for the easily offended

Black Angel
02-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I LOVED that DVD, it was soooooooooooooooooooo funny. My favorite part was when he goes on talking about skool standards, Micheal Jackson, the "Tiger", and "My lazy family that didn't wanna come along".

So what were your fav parts about that DVD??? (Mind of Mencia, also acceptable to talk about...)

P.S. Carlos' real name is Ned... :p :D :tongue:
(Isn't that a shocker?)

Shlup
02-25-2006, 02:22 AM
P.S. Carlos' real name is Ned... :p :D :tongue:
(Isn't that a shocker?)
You cannot be freaking serious.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-25-2006, 02:35 AM
Seriously...your kidding right?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2006, 03:20 AM
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_mencia">No</a>.

He isn't particularly funny, really. Certainly not enough to warrant having his own show. And definitely not enough for said show to be renewed for a second season.

GooeyToast
02-25-2006, 03:26 AM
I don't find him funny at all. He's not talking about anything that hasn't already been talked about by about 1000 other Hispanic comedians. At least they make it interesting.

TheBrent
02-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Gooey! How dare you dis Mencia? Mencia is p-friggen hillarious!

GooeyToast
02-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Meh...

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-25-2006, 03:37 AM
He's great. Havent seen the DVD though.

NeoCracker
02-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Hes one of my favorite standups. Not as good as Lewis black, but still great.

Vaprice
02-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Lewis black is awesome. I also like carlos because he doesn't leave anyone out. He's funny, but not the best. Not like chris rock~

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Carlos Mencia is a predictable, unfunny, cookie-cutter comedian. He is not original or surprizing at all. His routines have all been done before in better ways. He's awful, his show is awful, and so is this cheese. I'm going to go make a new sandwich.

Shoeberto
02-25-2006, 04:59 AM
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_mencia">No</a>.

He isn't particularly funny, really. Certainly not enough to warrant having his own show. And definitely not enough for said show to be renewed for a second season.
Yeah, I was really into his show when the episodes first started running, but as time went on the "social experiments" were all noticeably staged and the gags were all predictable.

DMKA
02-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Eh, the only thing he ever said that made me laugh was when he pointed out how during hurricane Katrina when they'd show white people they'd say they "found food" but when it was the black people they were "looting".

Jebus
02-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I thought he was pretty funny on his Comedy Central Presents thing, but I never found his show to be that funny.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Eh, the only thing he ever said that made me laugh was when he pointed out how during hurricane Katrina when they'd show white people they'd say they "found food" but when it was the black people they were "looting".<ul type="1"><li>The comparison was well-founded on the Internet before it was on his show. Not that he's known for originality as it is.
<li>It was only funny to people who didn't know that the whole issue was a farce. It played upon ignorance. Misled. Not that facts should always be the number one thing in comedy, but he's one of those "I'm going to tell you the truth" kind of comedians.</ul>

DMKA
02-25-2006, 08:31 AM
<ul type="1"><li>The comparison was well-founded on the Internet before it was on his show. Not that he's known for originality as it is.
<li>It was only funny to people who didn't know that the whole issue was a farce. It played upon ignorance. Misled. Not that facts should always be the number one thing in comedy, but he's one of those "I'm going to tell you the truth" kind of comedians.</ul>
True, I'm sure he wasn't the first to say it at all. I shouldn't of said he "pointed it out" because that implies that I thought it was fact, which I didn't, and you're right, I didn't know the whole issue, because I paid very little attention to the news coverage of Katrina, to be honest. So I guess that explains why I laughed at it.

Of course, that was on a commercial for his show. I never bothered to watch the actual show because I don't watch tv.

Giga Guess
02-25-2006, 03:35 PM
True, I'm sure he wasn't the first to say it at all. I shouldn't of said he "pointed it out" because that implies that I thought it was fact, which I didn't, and you're right, I didn't know the whole issue, because I paid very little attention to the news coverage of Katrina, to be honest. So I guess that explains why I laughed at it.

Of course, that was on a commercial for his show. I never bothered to watch the actual show because I don't watch tv.

It's okay Dimmkah....I still love you...:p

To be honest, I never heard of the guy, though. Hmmm.

Black Angel
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Gooey! How dare you dis Mencia? Mencia is p-friggen hillarious!
Yeah! My ppl will revolt on you, person!!!

Anyways...

Thank you for showing my point, Brent!

Venom
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Didnt think he was funny. Very Racist, But not too great on the whole making me laugh.

Auragaea
02-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I never laughed at anything that man did. All his jokes were unoriginal, not funny, and were so stale. Drawn Together > Mencia and we all know how crappy that show is.

Fonzie
02-25-2006, 03:51 PM
His show is getting renewed for a second season. After Chappelle left i had to watch him to get my daily laugh.