PDA

View Full Version : Error Code FFXI-4001

Godzillarp
02-25-2006, 08:19 AM
This probably isn't a tech support forum, but I'm posting this everywhere I can in hopes of fixing the problem. Thanks for your time...

"Frequently during gameplay I'm getting disconnected randomly from the server, and receiving the 4001 error message. The error message reads something like this...

Error Code FFXI-4001
No response from server.
Connection Timed out.
Press ok to shut down.

For the first week the disconnects were somewhat few and far between, but they've recently gotten so bad that the games become unplayable.

I use a wireless Linksys Router and believe it's the source of the problem. I've opened all the necessary ports, installed all the latest firmware and drivers, and have run the game directly from the cable line without any problems (so I'm sure the routers to blame here). I have the windows SP2 firewall disabled, and I've done the web chat help thing with Square-Enix and they were no help.

Just for the hell of it, here's my PC specs:

WindowsXP Home SP2 (firewall disabled)
Pentium4 2.66Ghz
1GB RAM
120GB HD Space
128MB Geforce4MX

I'm out of ideas on what to do to fix this, so any help would be appreciated. I'd like to either have it fixed or have the account disabled before the next billing period (Feb 28th) so I don't get charged for an extra month, so please answer quickly. Thanks."

Markus. D
02-25-2006, 01:32 PM
perhaps call the tech support of your internet provider.

charles55021
02-25-2006, 09:43 PM
i get a differant problem, my connection will lag, it will go to 134 r 139 s and then next thing i know its at 1149 recieveing, is this normal?

Ouch!
02-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I've had bad experiences with the reliability of linksys routers in general. I used to get disconnected a lot when I was using one, but once I changed to a different router (some SBC Yahoo! product called HomePortal) everything was much better.

charles55021
02-25-2006, 11:46 PM
has anyone ever slowed down with a link sys router before?

lordblazer
02-26-2006, 01:59 AM
I've had bad experiences with the reliability of linksys routers in general. I used to get disconnected a lot when I was using one, but once I changed to a different router (some SBC Yahoo! product called HomePortal) everything was much better.
Yeah I have problems with Linksys now. IT just lags and when I play an online game it feels like I'm playing it on 56k when I clearly have broadband. I pisses me off to hear some asshole on the game say "Get a better connection." When I have FREAKING broadband!!!!!

Wonder why linksys is so crappy now?

charles55021
02-26-2006, 04:50 AM
lord blazer does your whole game slow down and then speeed up or do people just teleport around?