PDA

View Full Version : Seiken Densetsu 3 a let down?

asukaevaunit02
02-25-2006, 12:11 PM
anyone else playin this game and finding no where as good as Secret of Mana? i kno i am, i have 2 say im really dissapointed with it, the story isnt the best, i dont really want to play it too much, (som makes me wanna play it all the time, no matter how many times ive palyed it), the battle system, is based of som, but its a lot slower than som, som was real fast and active, and the menu was screwed, the characters arnt that good, beside lise,

im my opinion som was perfect, best game ive played my fave

any one else agree? or disagree? if u disagree let me kno y, id like 2 kno y

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
All the main characters are more endearing than SD2's core cast. Their individual subplots aren't anything spectacular, but they're at least better than those of SD2. The gameplay is superior, mostly thanks to the numerous paths your party members can take with the class changes, as well as the variety added by the fact that the cast is twice as large as SD2's. The overall plot is, again, not the stuff of great literature, but it's commendable simply for the way it branches out into different scenarios. The graphics are incredibly beautiful, and multiplayer is as fun as ever. The only shortcoming I can think of is that its soundtrack isn't as memorable as SD2's.

abrojtm
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I agree with 'Kishi. You get to play a totally customized game with like 77760 different ways to play the game (with class/character). Each character has a different plotline and their backgrounds are great. Overall, I find the characters much more developed, although there are a couple of them I don't particularly care for their main stories (Carlie and Lise particularly). The battle/skill/magic system was based directly off of SoM's with some enhancements, so yea I liked SD3 better, but SD2 was great too.

Dreddz
02-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Secret Of Mana was alot better, I havent beaten seiken densetsu 3 yet, I havent even gotten half way, I really wasnt very intrested after a few hours of gameplay, yet I still played, soon I just couldnt be bothered.

Neco Arc
02-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I actually like this game quite a lot. It has a great replay value and the gameplay is awesome. Graphics are pretty good as well. I extremely love the class system which further enhance replay value. The plot is slightly above average...

Ishin Ookami
02-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Seiken Densatsu III > Seiken Densatsu II. For all the reasons listed above.

however, Bahamut lagoon owns all. I just love the plot twist with the princess and palapelos (I think that's how his name goes). That's one of the best plot twists of all video gaming. #1 would be the Fei/Id connection from Xenogears.

Timber Maniac
03-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I couldn't finish SD2, it just didn't pique my interest. SD3 was a wonderful RPG. The story and music were passable but the gameplay and replay value is what sets it apart from a lot of the other SNES RPGs at the time.

My only complaint was that it was kinda difficult playing a game with Angela and Carlie as supporting characters.There was no way to set battle tactics for your characters ie Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, etc...

Otherwise, great game!