PDA

View Full Version : Massive saving problems

Curucar
02-25-2006, 06:55 PM
I finally convinced myself to buy this game, and it arrived yesterday. *glee* But now everything hates me when it comes to saving. When I get to the first saving spot, it claims that there is no memory card. I'm playing on a PS2 thin, but I went out and bought a PS1 memory card this morning. Still have the same problem of it not detecting the card. Any advice on how to get it to find the card?
I'm already *this* close to breaking into my friend's house and stealing her PS1. ¬¬

(I'm still pretty new to the PS2 world outside of DDR, so forgive me. =_=. And I realize that this has probably been asked 938472 times, but it's not in the FAQ.)

Skyblade
02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I finally convinced myself to buy this game, and it arrived yesterday. *glee* But now everything hates me when it comes to saving. When I get to the first saving spot, it claims that there is no memory card. I'm playing on a PS2 thin, but I went out and bought a PS1 memory card this morning. Still have the same problem of it not detecting the card. Any advice on how to get it to find the card?
I'm already *this* close to breaking into my friend's house and stealing her PS1. ¬¬

(I'm still pretty new to the PS2 world outside of DDR, so forgive me. =_=. And I realize that this has probably been asked 938472 times, but it's not in the FAQ.)

Actually, I don't think I've seen this one in here before.

First, don't forget that there are two memory card slots. Make sure you are checking the right one.

Second, is it a used memory card? If so, try deleting any save files already in it before you use it.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
actually there is a problem with slimline ps2's and ps1 memory cards. mine did it. i had an AWESOME ff7 file on disc 3 (i was playin on an original ps2) then i played on my bro's slimline ps2 (so i cud luk at the inet as well) and it corrupted my file :(. u can either:

a) simply ask to borrow ur firends ps1, there's no need for breaking and entering
b)use an original ps2

Skyblade
02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
My slimline PS2 has no problem with it...

Curucar
02-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Actually, I don't think I've seen this one in here before.

First, don't forget that there are two memory card slots. Make sure you are checking the right one.

Second, is it a used memory card? If so, try deleting any save files already in it before you use it.

Yup. I've tried putting it in both, but it hates it.

And it's a shiny new memory card. I double checked if it had to be formatted, but the PS2 just said that there was simply no data on it (that's a good thing, right? Or does it have to be formatted somehow?)

Fonzie
02-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Sometimes some certain PS1 memory cards don't work for ps1 games. I suggest you go out and buy another one.

Such Great Heights
02-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Is it a Sony card? Other brands (third-party) cards are often kind of wonky, for not apparently reason. Well, more often than Sony cards. That's in my experience, at least.

Kosan
03-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I am having the same problem.

I'm using an origional PS2 and Sony PS2 memory card. Do I need a PS1 memory card for it to work?

wingHEART
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
I am having the same problem.

I'm using an origional PS2 and Sony PS2 memory card. Do I need a PS1 memory card for it to work?

Yes. You need a ps1 memory card for saving ps1 games.