PDA

View Full Version : Strange slow-motion bug

Tabris
02-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't know if any of you out there have experienced this, but -

I've been levelling up for hours, switching from the Monster Arena and varios locations in Spira. All of a sudden, every attack from Wakka goes in slow-motion. Both Tidus, Auron and Wakka have armour equipped with auto-haste, but for some odd reason - all Wakka's attack, and only his, have suddenly begun showing in slow-motion.

I've tried a soft reset, but it didn't help. Anyone else experienced this?

Cruise Control
02-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Sounds kind of odd. Put up with it until you save, clean the PS2 lens and the CD.

EDIT: Or, heres a bright idea, don't use Wakka, have Lulu damage fliers instead.

Tabris
02-25-2006, 10:02 PM
It's strange indeed... The game - and console - is supposed to handle that the entire party has auto-haste equipped, isn't it?

Captain Maxx Power
02-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Sounds like the same effect which is caused when a character is in "Slow" status, in that their attacks will be much slower to animate.

Tabris
02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
But this is clearly in slow-motion, slower than any character in "slow"-status have ever been.

Oh, and I just noticed... it's only when Wakka kills the fiend that it's in slow-motion, not when he hits and the fiends survives.

mooglebunni608
02-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh, and I just noticed... it's only when Wakka kills the fiend that it's in slow-motion, not when he hits and the fiends survives.
I thot that happened with all charecters, not just wakka....

Tabris
02-25-2006, 11:30 PM
No, none of my other characters turns to slow-motion when they kill a fiend, neither did Wakka previously. I've got more than 170 gameplay on this save, and it just started happening these last few hours tonight.

lady yunalesca
02-26-2006, 01:06 AM
its hapened to me a few times, i think its just a glitch due to a dusty console / cd. usually after a clean it works ok for me. it is really annoying though!!! it tends to heppen if you have been fighting for ages too!