PDA

View Full Version : Best Defense?

Bendak
02-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Hey guys. I was just messing around with my file since I already did everything, and I noticed a pretty great, almost flawless defense against damage. Make someone like a human paladin, and give him the reflex ability. Then, equip Mirror Mail. Now, look at this. You have a person with reflex, which dodges all physical attacks, and mirror mail, which reflects all magic attacks. I have found ways around this defense though. There are abilites like greased bolt and faster (warrior and archer) that nullify reaction abilities that would work. Also, im not sure if the reflect can be dispelled, havent tried it yet, but if that works then you can hit them with magic. But yea...just thought i'de share this with you guys. Oh...and if this is already old news, spare me lol, I just found out about it while messin around.

Llednar Twem
02-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Reflex doesn't block all attacks, just most of them because reflex doesn't stop attacks where a unit damages all units around it. Also, if your White Mage/Bishop/Summoner/Elementalist/etc. tries to use Curaga, Kirin, White Flame etc., the magic will also be reflected back. Another bad thing, if a bomb uses Fira or any fire atttack, it will be reflected and heal itself. Also, if your unit wearing Mirror Mail dies, and is revived again, Mirror Mail will no longer reflect magic for the rest of the battle. Other than that, and a Sniper with Destroy:Armour or a Thief with Steal:Armour, it is the best defence.

EDIT: Most 'damage surrounding units' attacks are usually weak.

Marche
02-26-2006, 01:44 AM
its a good idea but why reflex learn strikeback dude it gives reflex plus you get to go with an attack on the opponet

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-26-2006, 01:51 AM
its a good idea but why reflex learn strikeback dude it gives reflex plus you get to go with an attack on the opponet
I heart strikeback!

Marche
02-26-2006, 01:52 AM
yea it works so well too bad only humans can use it (I think)

Llednar Twem
02-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Bonecrusher is a 1.5x normal attack and has a 45%+ Hit rate but sometimes doesn't do Reflex, and unlike Counter, if your opponent misses, you do nothing.

Bendak
02-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Strikeback isnt like reflex completely. Strikeback cant dodge arrows or abilities.

Skyblade
02-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Strikeback isnt like reflex completely. Strikeback cant dodge arrows or abilities.

Reflex can't dodge abilities. And Strikeback on a long range character can act like Reflect Arrows.