PDA

View Full Version : The Bloody Post Office

Shoden
02-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Big conspiracy. What really goes on at the main HQ of Royal Mail?
are post offices considered evil because it's true? well who knows unless a EoFFer is a member of their organization.

Talk about your Horrible or evil experiences at the Post Office, what do you think of it? post your theories, the actual topic is the Post Office and it's dark side aswell as experiences you'll never forget involving this strange "place".

Llednar Twem
02-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Do you mean the movie or just the normal post office down the street that doesn't deserve a capital letter?

Shoeberto
02-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Meh, not a big fan of the Post Office. I totally dig the Postal Service, though.

Llednar Twem
02-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Meh, not a big fan of the Post Office. I totally dig the Postal Service, though.
Is that a sequel?

Shoden
02-26-2006, 03:59 AM
The Post Office as in part of that evil organization that delivers mail to your house aswell as other things, alot of people complain about it and say it's evil so I think some EoFFers should tell of their experiences there or terms related to the post office.

mooglebunni608
02-26-2006, 04:02 AM
for the past few weeks-no, months, some of our mail has been shreded on the edges..... and my friend tried to send me a special bookmark thingy, and the envelope was torn open and the bookmark was gone! both of us were very mad!

Meat Puppet
02-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Sugar cubes and birthday cards... :grumble:

Psychotic
02-26-2006, 04:03 AM
When I was 11, whenever I saw a Royal Mail van I used to imagine firing from a rocket launcher at it and blowing it up.

I blame GTA. Someone alert Jack Thompson.

Shoden
02-26-2006, 04:09 AM
The vans arent so evil, it's white vans that are truly evil but they're another story.
From a small child I was suspicious of the postmen and post office from that child show "Postman Pat", I just didn't like the people anyway, I usually avoid post offices though I usually stay indoors, ordering online is their weakness though. Think about it, if less people visit a local post office then there are less victims and power is lost but still there are things that bother me on this subject...

Llednar Twem
02-26-2006, 04:10 AM
What's GTA?
I sent a widdle Tonberry plushie to my cousin and when he got it, the package was littered with swear words(on the outside, thankfully! It didn't get on the plushie!)!

~SapphireStar~
02-26-2006, 12:19 PM
They either lose my forms that need to be sent to the Council to prove Im a student or they leave my DVDs in the main hallway where other people can take them! God I hate the post in Bradford, it sucks.

Did anyone watch that UK documentary last year I think on the post office and how lots of peoples credit cards, cheques and cash was going missing? It was so shocking because they were taking stuff right in front of the undercover guy! What a bunch of jerks to do something like that!

Resha
02-26-2006, 12:35 PM
What's GTA?
Grand Theft auto.

I hate the PO. I have my worst misadventures there, with the stupid fucking STaMPS (retarded things) and the even worse GLUE. God, I hate their glue. They all stare at me funny, and it's in a really skanky place, so I suffer just to reach the damn doors.

...Such bitterness. :laugh:

Clouded Sky
02-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm definitely going to have to go with The Postal Service on this one. They're obviously the best thing to come with the name. And not once have they stolen any of my letters, seeing as I'd rather listen to them than send them mail.

Lost Number
02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Bloody strike. Bastards. Well, at least the expulsion notice hasnt arrived yet.

Zeldy
02-26-2006, 01:43 PM
I can't remember the firm, but they held onto my DS which I ordered from PlayAsia and posted a notice through our door asking for £60 :( EVIL. WHERE DOES A 13 YEAR OLD JUST MAGICALLY GET £60? I was in debt for months :(

Sain Cai
02-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh dont even get me started on the PO.........well too late.

I had to pay $12 for a mailbox key for the cluster boxes at my APT complex where I live. The 2 months later, their lock broke. Did they replace it? Oh yeah, after I paid another ****ing $12 for a new key.

Lets put it this way, after I said what I needed to, I was asked to leave in the horror of the people standing in line.

yuffiesblaze
02-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I dont trust mailbox keys at all!:mad:

When I was younger and I didnt know where my mailbox was I accidentally opened someone elses--------think about it if a kid can do it who cant?! And it happened with a supposed "individualized" key given to us!Yeah right like Im gonna trust that!

Captain Maxx Power
02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Three hour wait. Not good.

Levian
02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
They wouldn't accept my job application. They said my morals, ethics and sex appeal was too high.

Resha
02-26-2006, 03:23 PM
They wouldn't accept my job application. They said my morals, ethics and sex appeal was too high.
Just utterly wasted on such a lowly place. :p But you could always try for a postman!

Giga Guess
02-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Our Postlady sorts mail once a week. If she feels like it.

escobert
02-26-2006, 04:15 PM
ours delivers the mail everyday at noon. :p

yuffiesblaze
02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Ours sometimes delivers. Never know when though.Someone came to our house looking for our mailman who hadnt delivered anything in about a week!

Madame Adequate
02-28-2006, 12:56 AM
If I recall correctly, either this year or next year, the Royal Mail will be losing significant powers vis-a-vis its monopoly. I cannot wait, frankly.

To be fair, though, the worst I personally encounter is a delay of a couple of days here or there. But yeah, legally enforced monopoly ftl.