PDA

View Full Version : (SO3): Who's beaten Freya?

Zeromus_X
02-26-2006, 04:40 AM
I'm only on Galaxy too...sigh.. does anyone have any tips on how to beat her? I'm using Albel (leader), Cliff, and Mirage. Of course you can ask me what my set-up is, and tell me what I need to have too.

But currently I have Cliff and Mirage pound away at her, while I go in occasionally to use my X short attack. Cliff and Mirage's ATK stat is 9,999, of course our Defence sucks. (not even 1500). To top it all off, the stupid bastards who sell items don't carry Shielding Device or Healing Device Mk2 anymore. I didn't know that they actually ran out of the item to sell :mad2:

So anyway, any help would be appreciated. :cat:

(And I thought Lenneth was hard...she's a piece of cake compared to Freya!)

Syrra
03-11-2006, 03:23 PM
First, doesn't matter how you have defense, she will kill you eventually. You can use some bomb to stop her from doing ether strike. play with one character. Put the others on the manual mode and put them into a corner, so they will survive the ether strike attack. Finally, have a lot of items, they are the key. Good luck!

Ultima Shadow
03-11-2006, 06:33 PM
First, doesn't matter how you have defenseWTF? Not really. Defence is extremely important in this battle.

Anyways... yeah, Freya is probably the overall toughest RPG boss I've ever fought. Make sure you've got a lot of dammaging items. It doesn't really matter whenever the dammage they cause is decent or patetic since the only reason you're going to use them is to prevent Ether Strike from being used. When you see Freya fly higher into the air, use one of these dammaging items at once to prevent her from using Ether Strike. I would suggest having Sophia in the party, and always having her stay as far away from Freya and the other 2 as possible, while casting healing and support spells and using items etc.

What's your level and ability setups? That information could probably help a bit. :greenie:

Oh yeah, and I've just started a new game in SO3. I will collect enough Battle Trophies to unlock 4D mode, and then I'm going to start the ultimate SO3 challange... which may include fighting Freya with the Gusty Bunny equiped. :hyper:

Zeromus_X
03-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Well, overall, I'm just mad because Healing Devices and Shielding Devices aren't being sold :nonono:

I have Albel as my leader, Mirage and Cliff. With this fight, I stand in the corner to avoid Ether Strike while they pound away at her. If I'm feeling courageous, I set up a few Aura Walls to stun her for longer. (And the noises they make when hit by Aura Wall is hilarious :D) Of course, she'll get up, do an attack, party dies, and fifteen minutes later I'm out of medicine. I even have "doubles" of items, you know, Inventions that basically have the same effect as another item (Analeptic = Ressurection Mist, and the like.), so I have sort of double items. (Except the aforementioned items that aren't being sold :eep:)

Anyway, we're all almost at level 220. I suppose levelling up to 255 would help, but would the stat increases help alot anyway? (Don't they get random after a point?)

I never use Fate, because...well...I just don't like using him. I like Albel better. But if I have to spend another hour killing those frogs in Sphere Company to power level up my other characters, so be it...:cat:

Here's what my characters look like: (Their levels are lower than I thought...)

Albel Level 214

Dark Faerie Claw R5

-3 Fury Use
Freezing
2 x +30 % ATK/DEF
ATK + 1500
Survive on Fury when incapacitated (50% chance.)

Dragon Leather.

Cliff Level 212

Valorous Gauntlets R17

ATK + 7000
Normal Attack decision + 3

Valiant Mail

Mirage Level 202

Valorous Gauntlets R29

Normal Attack decision + 3
2 X +30% ATK/DEF
ATK + 5000

It should be noted that I sucked at inventing, and that it kept adding on those ATK + 1000, using up spaces for other effects. (Like maybe more Boots of Prowess...) I also don't know what accessories to use. Two Tri-Emblems sounds good, and I have six for my party, but I don't know if there'd be any other accessory I need to worry about :cat:

My defence sucks. Well, at least compared to my attack. Mid 1000-ish defence compared to 9999 (or in Albel's case, 9700 or so) ATK?

I never used the spell casters, but I did give Albel one of those tomes that gives Basic Support Symbols. Probably not enough. I also used Nel until I started leveling up Mirage, Nel's only at level 90 something.

*Sigh*...Is there any way to get my defence up? :cat:

And regarding bombs, don't worry, I buy 20 of every bomb that's capable of stunning :D

Oh yeah, and I've just started a new game in SO3. I will collect enough Battle Trophies to unlock 4D mode, and then I'm going to start the ultimate SO3 challange... which may include fighting Freya with the Gusty Bunny equiped.

Stop talking madness!!! :eek:

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Hmmm... well, the reason I recomend Sophia is that she's such a good spellcaster with a lots of MP and good spells. Since she can both heal the entire party and revive characters with her magic alone, she's a much better support character than Albel. Albel is, in fact, one of the best offensive characters in the game... so it would probably be a better idea to have him attacking Freya than having him standing in a corner, using items. But still... you SHOULD have atleast 1 support character that stays in one of the corners.

I was actually at level 190-200 when I defeated Freya. So you are not underleveled... even though leveling a bit probably still could help. However... your defence is pretty bad. I had about 4xAtk/Def+30% with every character (I used Albel, Maria and Sophia by the way) and everyone had somewhere around 2000 defence, if I remember correctly. Albel could take about 5 hits from Freya's main move (that beam thingy) without dying. Also, I had mastered HP-Dammage equip on most of my moves so I usually did about 50,000-99,999 dammage with most normal attacks.

Also, there's an item that makes 1 of your characters invulnerable for about 30 sec. The character can't attack or use magic during this time, but it can still use items so it's a great item to use whenever your support character is in danger. So I would recomend getting a few of those.

Stop talking madness!!! :eek:In 4D-Mode, Freya got about 3 times her normal stats. That means, she have 60,000,000 HP! Now, when you equip the Gusty Bunny, all enemies gets a lot tougher. And I really mean A LOT tougher. So... Freya in 4D-Mode with the Gust Bunny equiped probably means that she will have like 8 times her normal stats. Yay! It will probably be a battle were the boss itself lasts more than 5 hours even if it's being hit every singel second... while I, myself, constantly will have to deal with almost un-avoidable moves with Instant-Death power. I'll also keep running out of items. It will be a long, long and frustrating battle with less than 1% chanse of success!

...Awesome! :cool:

Zeromus_X
03-12-2006, 01:09 AM
That item is the Shielding Device, which isn't being sold. I suppose I could put Meryl to work then...:cat:

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
That item is the Shielding Device, which isn't being sold. I suppose I could put Meryl to work then...:cat:Oh, ops! xD! It has been too long since I played on my last save file were I have all that stuff. :p

Errr... but yeah, just create your own. :p

sephiroth9006
03-15-2006, 03:45 PM
There is a cheap way.

Fayt
Lv: 255
Weapon: Veinslay
Armour: Valiant mail
Acc1: Boots of prowess
Acc2: Tri emblum(The expensive one)

Ok here's the plan. But it takes alot of time and money.
Make 9 boots of prowess and refine them all to atk & def +30% now synthisize 8 of those to veinslay and equip one of the boots of prowess. Then refine your valiant mail so that it has 8 DEF +20.now equip the tri emblum(Expensive one bought from santa merchant)

At level 255 your atk will be 9999 and your DEf should be 5000 or just over.

Now you can sit back and breeze through the fight. Even ether strike will do no damage to you. Of course symbology and AAA's will but they deal so little damage that it doesn't matter.

Ultima Shadow
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
That kind of preparation is so time consuming that I feel sick just thinking about it. I'll probably need it in order to stand a chanse of surviving even 1 singel hit from Freya in 4D mode with the Gusty Bunny equipped. :eep:

Zeromus_X
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
There is a cheap way.

Fayt
Lv: 255
Weapon: Veinslay
Armour: Valiant mail
Acc1: Boots of prowess
Acc2: Tri emblum(The expensive one)

Ok here's the plan. But it takes alot of time and money.
Make 9 boots of prowess and refine them all to atk & def +30% now synthisize 8 of those to veinslay and equip one of the boots of prowess. Then refine your valiant mail so that it has 8 DEF +20.now equip the tri emblum(Expensive one bought from santa merchant)

At level 255 your atk will be 9999 and your DEf should be 5000 or just over.

Now you can sit back and breeze through the fight. Even ether strike will do no damage to you. Of course symbology and AAA's will but they deal so little damage that it doesn't matter.

Heh, it's funny because that's actually expensive. Well, I'm using Veinslay to get money, could I just use Divine Avenger or something? But yeah, that's the "Uber-Fate" strategy. :cat:

Ultima Shadow
03-22-2006, 11:30 AM
So... how's it going? Beaten her yet?

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh, Freya. I've been getting fol and leveling up Fate for the 'Uber-Fate' strategy, but I haven't picked it up in awhile. Maybe soon though. :cat:(Power-leveling isn't as boring in real-time RPGs.)

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Okay, I've gotten Fate to level 122 or so now, and I've synthesized 7 Boots of Prowess to Divine Avenger. (As I said before, Veinslay is used as a 'money weapon'.) I also got two other refined pairs. :cat:

I just have a question. Why the hell does the Bonus Battle Gauge take so freaking long to fill up? It starts at like 0% for alot of battles. I've been fighting Demon Princes in the Sphere Corporation to get it to 40%, but it never gets to 'Triple Exp'. (Since I discovered that equipment effects are active even if the equipped party member is dead.) So I equip Valkyrie Garb, Ring of Erudition, etc. to Mirage and Albel, to get around 300k Exp a battle, at least with those insect and frog enemies in the 170s. So I'd get like 900k Exp a battle if I had Fate alone with Triple Exp. But...I can't fill the damn bar! My friend had this problem too, is it because you get so powerful that it fills slower/ starts at a lower filling rate? :cat:

But, I'm almost there. :choc2:

Edit: Tee-hee, 1,000 Killing Blows and 3,000 Cancel Bonuses:p

Ultima Shadow
03-26-2006, 12:13 PM
is it because you get so powerful that it fills slower/ starts at a lower filling rate? :cat:Yes. And when it's at 0%, it won't even move at all. So... basically, you'll have to find some tougher dudes to beat up in order to fill the Bonus Battle Gauge.

Zeromus_X
04-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Okay, since I did everything I wanted to do on KHII (and started a proud mode file), I resumed play on SO3. I figured out that putting the crappy people I never used (*cough*Adlai*cough) in my team, set formation to 'escape' and put tactics to 'do nothing', I could nuke enemies with Ethereal Blast and put up the Bonus Battle Gauge. I leveled up Fate to level 255, however...

Am I doing something wrong? I have 7 ATK/DEF+30%s on my weapon, and another two refined Boots of Prowess. Granted, my DEF is at 4,991, but didn't you guys say that she couldn't touch me? Or is there something I'm doing wrong? :eep: :cat: :tonberry:

Ultima Shadow
04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, it had to be 5000+... and you only have 4991. :p

Actually, I've never done the uber Fayt thingie myself, so I don't really know. I've just been reading about it. But how much dammage does she do? Also, her magics can still dammage you, no matter how high your def is.

...and you're playing on Galaxy level, right? Not Universe level?

Zeromus_X
04-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, it's Galaxy level. I know Heraldry can still do damage no matter what defence, but I'm still taking damage (although a hell of alot less than before) from her normal attacks. :tonberry: Meh, Ether Strike does about 7,000 a hit instead of 20,000, which I suppose is an improvement, if it didn't hit like 8 times or something. :eep:

Maybe I'll put 8 refined Boots of Prowess on a Veinslay, although it seems to get more expensive each time. (Not that money is an object anyway.)

Just a few questions:

-How do I get the 'Beat so and so with the Metal Pipe' Battle Trophies? I've tried it on Lucifer and Gabriel, but I'm not getting it. (Hee hee, their attacks do 0 damage. xD) Maybe AAAs are the problem...

-Why do shops run out of items?! They now have no Witch Tablets! :mad:

Zeromus_X
04-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Yay!! Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!! I beat her! Okay, I took Ultima Shadow's advice and took off the 'Berserk' tactical skill, and then she did no damage to me. :eep:

And I beat Ethy on RS! So...now I'm bored. :cat:

Oh well. *finds other RPG to defeat*

Ultima Shadow
04-28-2006, 06:42 AM
xD!

So I was right, after all. :p

Anyways... CONGRATULATIONS! ;)