PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Freya
02-26-2006, 05:19 AM
My ears are throbbing with music still ringing in them. I just got back from a concert. Not a big name band but a couple local bands. They are pretty good if i do say so myself. 'Cept the pounding of my head i had a great time. They are the Rock/Metal and Punk Rock scenes. You know they kind where you have to watch where you stand or a mosh pit might form on top of you.

I want to know are there any pretty good local bands in your area and what kind of music do they play? Also anywhere i might be able to hear some of their music?

TheAbominatrix
02-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Lets see here, local bands... well I go to shows almost constantly, but a lot of the bands are on tour from other places. Showcase is a well known punk venue. So here are a few.

The Skulls, Narcoleptic Youth, The Scarred, Clit 45, Tokyo Showdown, F-Minus, Totally Radd!!, and Swindle.

Also check out local Arizona bands I Hate You When You're Pregnant, Black Wax Allstars, HotFoughtCold, and Stab City Slit Wrists.

I've found most of these bands on P2P services. If you cant, check out their homepages or MySpaces.

edit: Oh, and all of those are punk. Tokyo Showdown is more... eh, I dunno how to describe them. They're Shlup's fiance's band. Totally Radd!! is video game inspired music, IHYWYP and Black Wax are in a genre all their own.

Shlup
02-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Tokyo Showdown's MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca) genre listings are Metal / Punk / Post Hardcore.

I don't go to very many shows because I'm all anti-social like that, except Tokyo Showdown shows, but I like Nacoleptic Youth, F-Minus, and Swindle. I can't think of any that Abominatrix didn't list because I just don't listen to music enough to think of them. xP

I promise Tokyo Showdown is good! Not just because I'm doing the drummer! xD Though I don't know if I like how the recording guys handled their latest songs. The recording studio the went to sucks. I like them better live.

Strider
02-26-2006, 07:30 AM
The best bands here in Fresno are Six Ounce Gloves (see sig for webpage link) and Grooveyard. I think they're both on MySpace as well.

Dreddz
02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
No, where I live ( South London ), Theres not many Bands cause the scene ( generally Hip Hop from peoples point of view ) dosent really spawn many bands.

Momiji
02-26-2006, 06:50 PM
A couple local bands here (and by local I mean like, at my school) are called The Prefect and Heart Let Fall. They're both on MySpace, I think.

Zeldy
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Ive never been myself, but every month here we have something called 'Overload'. Its where bands come and try to get themselves heard, Ive heard its very violent, especially in the mosh pit. I can't wait to go xD

Son Of Dork played here in St Helens! AN ACTUAL REAL BAND. I went, It was so cool. My first ever concert :P

Brian The Pink Shark
02-26-2006, 07:51 PM
I dont like the local bands here

Ive seen all these bands live:

-Wishbone Ash (twice and will see them again in march :D)
-Iron Maiden
-Judas Priest (with Scorpions as Support (only mentioning this support band cos they were fantastic))
-Stone Sour
-Murderdolls
-Evanescence

oh and i also saw these bands at a festival headlined by Maiden
-Iggy and The Stooges
-Marilyn Manson
-NOFX
-Alkaline Trio
-Funeral For A Friend
-Incubus :choc: