PDA

View Full Version : FFX crew developing PS3 Final Fantasy?

Renmiri
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Be still my beating heart!!! :love: :love:

FFX producer developing PS3 Final Fantasy?
Yoshinori Kitase hints that a Final Fantasy game for Sony's next-generation console is in the works but won't confirm if it's FFXIII.

During E3 last month, Square Enix president Youichi Wata showed a technical demonstration of how Final Fantasy VII would look if it were remade for the PlayStation 3. He then made a disclaimer that a new version of the game isn't actually being developed for the console but assured the audience at the presentation that another Final Fantasy game will be coming to the PlayStation 3.

In the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation, the magazine featured an interview with Final Fantasy X producer Yoshinori Kitase, who's currently working on the PlayStation 2's Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. One of the questions raised in the interview was whether the PlayStation 3 game will be Final Fantasy XIII. As expected, Kitase declined to give an answer, saying, "I can only officially state that we are making a Final Fantasy for the PS3."

However, he also suggested that he is involved as a core staff in the game’s development, stating, "As a hint, one thing I can say is that the FFVII technical PS3 demo was supervised by me and created by Toriyama and his team staff. I'll leave it to you, but you can imagine that development [of the PS3 FF] is happening via a similar process." Motomu Toriyama was one of the directors that worked with Kitase on Final Fantasy X, and he was the main director for Final Fantasy X-2.

Kitase also revealed the Final Fantasy VII technical PS3 demo was actually a rush job, created in just a month and a half. "We created [it] right before E3. I didn't think we could do it at first, but I called Sugimoto (Koji Sugimoto, FFX’s main programmer), and we somehow made it. I believe that if we had more time, we could have made it in a higher quality. In that sense, that demo didn't really take much advantage of the PS3's hardware specs. But still, we were able to make something that looked that good."

When asked if there were any more Final Fantasy VII spin-offs planned in the future, Kitase laughed, commenting, "Well, we'll have to see. There are still characters that might be alive [from the original FFVII]."
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy/index.html

Slothy
02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
That's great and all, but that story is almost 9 months old now. I'm fairly certain most people are probably already aware of it.

Renmiri
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
That's great and all, but that story is almost 9 months old now. I'm fairly certain most people are probably already aware of it.

I wasn't... Besides, the link takes to a page with this story and one from November 05, plus the very new (february) page for the game on that site.

It is looking a lot less speculation and a bit more of fact now... :love:

Tabris
02-26-2006, 08:41 PM
So... will it be FF-XIII or a remake of FF-VII? (I would of course love a X-3). :love:

starseeker
02-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I thinks its FFXIII, they have specifically said that they are not redoing FFVII.

kikimm
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
I hope to God it's FFXIII. No more FFVII stuff please.

Momiji
02-26-2006, 09:44 PM

Or FFX stuff for that matter. FFX-2 was a major waste of Square-Enix's time. To be honest, I'd like to see another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

DJZen
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
"Well, we'll have to see. There are still characters that might be alive [from the original FFVII]."

So... Heidegger IS getting his own spinoff game after all? YES!!!!!!!!!

DeathKnight
02-27-2006, 01:53 AM

I agree!

I want a fresh FF........FFXII doesn't look like it's gonna make me happy.

I can't believe the crew from FFX are gonna make the game!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :roll: Yup I knew 'bout this back in September but yeah.....it feels good to know it's them again, they make such great characters and characters desings man:choc2:

Slade
02-27-2006, 06:11 AM
I totally agree with Kikimm.

As for the whole 'not confirming it is FFXIII' thing, it might still be the next installment for the main series but with a different name. In otherwords they may be thinking of dropping the numbers (XIII) and calling each new one an actual title, eg: 'Final Fantasy: The Land of the Micheal Jackson Clones'. It dosn't nesasarily mean that it has to be a spinoff of an existing game if it isn't confirmed as XIII.

Crossblades
02-27-2006, 04:45 PM
To be honest, I'd like to see another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

Same here. But only this time, I would SE to use a battle system similar to the one used in the Fire Emblem series

Gilthanes
02-27-2006, 05:51 PM
<-- another person that hopes there will be a FFT-style game on PS3 using similar battle and job systems. One of their best games ever made imo :)