PDA

View Full Version : i may be a cc pro but .... how do you summon?

Reeno the Alchemist
02-26-2006, 06:33 PM
i try and i try but im not sure how to frickin set summons i mean i can do saints and all that but i cant:confused: figure out how to summon the ones that get you the rainbow material???

LunarWeaver
02-26-2006, 06:36 PM
To summon you have to get the field effect completely the color of what you are trying to summon. So to summon Saints you need the field effect to be all white...Other then white and black the others are fairly easy (at least in a new game +) because you have FieldRed and FieldBlue and the like. Each summon will drop a different shiny material after the battle, and those materials do indeed make the rainbow weapons.

Reeno the Alchemist
02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
mmk ill try that ill use saints its me favorite^^

theundeadhero
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
To get the shiny materials you have to use all the summons. Each one fives a different color.

Stayin Dizzy
02-27-2006, 04:38 AM
I think another post on this forum mentioned that you can break down all the caps for shiny material as well, I did it by sommoning, but surf this section of the forum, its a newer topic, this way sounds MUCH quicker

yuno
02-27-2006, 05:08 AM
pro?lol.^_^

make sure that you have stars to spare for summoning as well.

Stayin Dizzy
02-27-2006, 06:10 PM
?????? what do the stars have to do with summoning? I summoned so rediculously often and never lost stars. Its just your progess in the game I thought.

yuno
02-28-2006, 10:21 AM
everytime you summon,your summoning stars go down by one.that's why the star level is shown as
99/99or so.if you summon,the summoning stars would go down by one,and the star level would appear as
98/99

edczxcvbnm
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
You can get stars back by resting at an inn. That is the ONLY purpose resting at an inn has in this game.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-01-2006, 06:52 AM
An easier way to get the shiny material is to disassemble the brooches, or maybe it is the charms. But yeah, its much easier than turning the whole field one color.
EDIT: OK, here we go. It's Charms and Caps
Shiny Dew =Antiviral Cap
Shiny Soot=Daemon Charm
Shiny Ember=Poultice Cap or Flame Charm
Shiny Leaf=Forest Charm
Shiny Salt=Angel Charm
Shiny Sand=Earth Charm

Reeno the Alchemist
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
ok ill do that,oh and for the person that said i aint a pro >< i AM a pro i know what to do why to do it and when to do it on chrono cross ive had that game fer like 6 years i know it by heart its my most prized game>< i thjink there was like 2 things i didnt know

Carmilla
03-02-2006, 01:05 AM
An easier way to get the shiny material is to disassemble the brooches, or maybe it is the charms. But yeah, its much easier than turning the whole field one color.
EDIT: OK, here we go. It's Charms and Caps
Shiny Dew =Antiviral Cap
Shiny Soot=Daemon Charm
Shiny Ember=Poultice Cap or Flame Charm
Shiny Leaf=Forest Charm
Shiny Salt=Angel Charm
Shiny Sand=Earth Charm

I played through the game and only got 1-2 of each of those. Is there an easier way to 'farm' those items somewhere in the game? :choc2:

yuno
03-02-2006, 03:52 AM
i know it by heart
hey,no offense,but summoning is pretty basic,you know.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I played through the game and only got 1-2 of each of those. Is there an easier way to 'farm' those items somewhere in the game? :choc2:
Nope, you get, I think, enough to make maybe 2 rainbow items. The best way to ´´farm´´ them would be to play through the game again in new game +. I personally dont see the use of anything more than the spectral swallow and spectral sword, being as I always use some one with a sword and a glove.

Masamune·1600
03-02-2006, 05:14 AM

Yes. Shiny items can be acquired in bulk through repeated summonings. Specifically, you will receive one Shiny item for every enemy defeated by the Summon. The items correspond to Element as follows:

White: Shiny Salt
Black: Shiny Soot
Red: Shiny Ember
Blue: Shiny Dew
Green: Shiny Leaf
Yellow: Shiny Sand

Thus, if you defeat two enemies with Saints (a White Element Summon), you will receive two Shiny Salts after battle.

Stayin Dizzy
03-02-2006, 05:39 AM
following this method I always tried to go to areas where they cast like colored spells to make the summoning easier. IE I went to mount pyre and would fight say: two hotdoggidys and a lavaboy and since they cast red spells anyways I'd kill with a red summon and get 3 shiny embers

Reeno the Alchemist
03-04-2006, 01:11 AM
well it turns out i already had the items:D :p i just thought i had to do somthing really hard to get them until i looked yes i know im a retard but i never look at that crap cause i like the weapon i have now but im gonna forge it anyways and see what i can do with it!