PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance and similar bands

Momiji
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay, I've been waiting a while for a thread like this to be made and I haven't seen a thread on this subject.

Does anyone here like My Chemical Romance, or similar bands (such as The Used)? I like them both, and the older MCR stuff is amazing in my opinion, not Gerard Way's singing, but the guitarists. A lot of the stuff they play is easy but they still make it sound awesome, for example, songs like 'Helena' and 'Honey, this Mirror isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us" (My favorite song, by the way) have amazingly easy parts to play, but they sound just amazing. I can play a few MCR songs on my guitar as well, and I've only been playing since Christmas. I can play....'Romance', 'Honey, this Mirror isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us', 'Our Lady of Sorrows', 'Demolition Lovers', 'Helena', and 'I'm not Okay (I Promise)'. That includes the solos too. And I'm not bragging or anything, sorry if I sound like I am, I'm just commenting on how good the music sounds despite its simplicity. And I also think their first album is much better than their second.

What do the rest of you think? Please don't do any music bashing here, because I know everyone has their opinion, but frankly, what I like you may hate, but if that's the case, I hate what you like, and then a whole arguement starts, and I don't want that to happen. So...be nice.

escobert
02-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I like some MCR and the used are pretty good I also <3 AFI and old Blink 182

Mythra
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
MCR is good imo. At first I thought I would like their second album much more than the first, but after listening to both numerous times, I happen to like both pretty equally. The Ghost of You, Cemetary Drive, and Demolition Lovers are prob my favorite songs by them. AFI is really good to. Sing the Sorrow is a great album

Jebus
02-26-2006, 10:23 PM
MCR covered Under Pressure, and did a horrible job.

That alone is reason enough for me to hate them, but they also happen to be quite bad. So that works too.

Venom
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM

That alone is reason enough for me to hate them, but they also happen to be quite bad. So that works too.

kikimm
02-26-2006, 10:32 PM
MCR is all right; there's a few songs that I really like that they've done, Helena and Ghost of You, but that's about it. I'm just not really into this kind of music so :D

Momiji
02-26-2006, 10:32 PM

Actually, that was The Used, with My Chemical Romance. Come to think of it, I couldn't hear much of Gerard in the song when compared to Bert.

Captain Maxx Power
02-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Anyone's who ever seen my posts knows my opinion on emoness. I'll leave it at that before I start getting mad.

Momiji
02-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Anyone's who ever seen my posts knows my opinion on emoness. I'll leave it at that before I start getting mad.

Then seriously, why are you posting here? If it makes you mad, stay away from threads like these, I'd like you more for it. Besides, you didn't even post anything relevant to the topic, which was the bands themselves, not what style of music they play. Besides, emo music kicks ass. :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Oh people and their silly music arguments.

Anyway, I like a little bit of AFI, but I strongly dislike MCR and The Used and all of that. I do appreciate MCR's music videos though, I thought Helena was very pretty (not the song at all), even if it was horridly melodramatic.

Rye
02-27-2006, 12:48 AM
AFI is great. MCR is tricky. I dunno. Before everyone in the world said they were their favourite band, I thought they were quite decent. Not great, but somewhat talented. Their song Demolition Lovers is beautiful in the beginning. And like Abom said, their music videos are pretty cool. But now, everyone is like "I AM DARK PRINCESS AND GERARD IS MY HUBBY OMG!!! HE'S PALE AND DARK HAIRED AND HE WEARS MAKE UP <3333" and it's sickening. I can't stand The Used.

kikimm
02-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Then seriously, why are you posting here? If it makes you mad, stay away from threads like these, I'd like you more for it. Besides, you didn't even post anything relevant to the topic, which was the bands themselves, not what style of music they play. Besides, emo music kicks ass. :rolleyes2

I thought you wanted people not to get into arguments in this thread? ;D His opinion is that emo music sucks; so obviously he doesn't like MCR or The Used or anything. I hate being cliche, but we all have our own opinions. :)

I suppose the one reason why I don't like AFI is that I hate the lead singer's voice. And it's hard for me to listen to music where the vocals are unpleasant.

Project G
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
MCR Rock my cotton socks off! The Used are ok, I like Aiden quite a lot

Zeldy
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
They are okay.

Vivisteiner
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
MCR=good
I loved "I'm not okay"

Shoden
02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
To be honest I absolutely despise MCR, the sounds of them seems to be wrecking the name of rock music all together and supporting poprock, I just personally don't like them one bit.

Ashi
02-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I haven't really heard that much by My Chemical Romance. Heard some of the songs mentioned in this thread alongside some others (Helena, All I want for Christmas, I'm not ok (I promise), To the end). The only one I really liked is To The End. It was just so... dramatic o.o

a nirvana fan
02-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Emo's are goff wanabees.

~SapphireStar~
02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Not that big a fan of emo music or the fashion sense for that matter. But if that sort of music makes you happy, fair enough. Im a punk mayself, so knock yoursleves out.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Besides, you didn't even post anything relevant to the topic, which was the bands themselves, not what style of music they play.

Fair enough, here goes. I think they're all a bunch of whiney little perishers who have about as much credibility to talk about pain and suffering as a pink kitten who's been hand-reared with kit gloves from day one in a basket made of feathers. Music aside, many of their ideas are cliched and without any real resolve or meaning behind them, primarily conjured together to appeal to their target audience rather than making an actual statement. As such they're representation whilst performing, and in life in general, is a complete fabrication, thusly reducing what little credibility they had in the first place.

Have I posted something relevant yet?

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Fair enough, here goes. I think they're all a bunch of whiney little perishers who have about as much credibility to talk about pain and suffering as a pink kitten who's been hand-reared with kit gloves from day one in a basket made of feathers. Music aside, many of their ideas are cliched and without any real resolve or meaning behind them, primarily conjured together to appeal to their target audience rather than making an actual statement. As such they're representation whilst performing, and in life in general, is a complete fabrication, thusly reducing what little credibility they had in the first place.

Very well said, I completly agree.

XxSephirothxX
02-28-2006, 01:19 AM
A couple of my friends like them. I've heard...one song I actually liked, and a few I didn't loathe. Virtually any song with screaming in it is out, and there are far too many of them. I can't really distinguish between the different bands because all the lead singers sound similar, all the guitar bits are alike, and the music just blends into one big emo-fest. I honestly don't understand how people can like it. I'm not saying you're stupid for doing so, I just honestly can't comprehend it. :p

Momiji
02-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Meh. Close enough. Though I hate the fact you're bashing the stuff I like, I was entertained by reading that. Congratulations.

A couple of my friends like them. I've heard...one song I actually liked, and a few I didn't loathe. Virtually any song with screaming in it is out, and there are far too many of them. I can't really distinguish between the different bands because all the lead singers sound similar, all the guitar bits are alike, and the music just blends into one big emo-fest. I honestly don't understand how people can like it. I'm not saying you're stupid for doing so, I just honestly can't comprehend it.

I know what you mean. Their *newer* stuff (second album) is very repetitive, but the older stuff that I like isn't repetitive at all.

MecaKane
02-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Oh people and their silly music arguments.

Anyway, I like a little bit of AFI, but I strongly dislike MCR and The Used and all of that. I do appreciate MCR's music videos though, I thought Helena was very pretty (not the song at all), even if it was horridly melodramatic.
Ashley :aimmad:
lalalala
The feet!
lalalala
THE FEET AGAIN
oh look she looks half gothed up
THE FEET
:(

I have one song by the used and it's not half bad but everything else I've heard is crap.

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2006, 02:40 AM
I mean the dancing in the video, actually. Not the band's "Look at me I'm so tragic" flailing about, but the rest of the people that actually move. I think it's very well done in that sense.

As I said, the rest of it is pure melodramatic swill.

Markus. D
03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
MCR is brilliant.

esspecially that I'm not okay (I promise) song and Helena.

.... and ghost of you...

Cz
03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't have a problem with MCR. The music's not great, but they tend to get judged by their audience rather than their material, which kind of makes me want to side with them. Popular opinion does that sometimes.

dante the demon prince
03-09-2006, 09:25 PM
my chemical romance is awsome im listening to my chemical romace "to the end" of the underworld evolution sond 24/7

Shoden
03-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't mean to be offensive here so please don't reply with an argument.
I seriously don't like the band or their music, they've turned into the pop rock genre, boy-band goth wannabe type of band such as McFly and Busted, the music is quite good but the style and lyrics don't suit the band's potential and talent one bit, if they turned to the old stuff like bands from the 80's and 90's and played in a style similar to that then there would be less bashing of the band but to summarize this all up I'll say 2 words, "wasted talent", anyone actually agree? I'm not bashing the band but saying that they should turn to different styles of music and how they would be better there and here.

dante the demon prince
03-09-2006, 10:01 PM
shut up they arent a goth band wannabe

Leeza
03-09-2006, 10:09 PM
dante the demon prince: Watch your language and do not tell members here to <i>shut up</i>. They have a right to their opinion, especially when it is given respectfully.

dante the demon prince
03-09-2006, 10:22 PM
ok im sorry