PDA

View Full Version : RPG Transitions

Erdrick Holmes
02-27-2006, 04:43 AM
What game series do you think can make a transition to an RPG rather smoothly?

Personally, I think a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG is long overdue. I mean if Mario can do well in lke... 5 RPG games then I think Sonic could do well in one too. In fact Ip lan on getting one with RPG Maker 2003. (PM me if you wanna help).

Ruskies
02-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Well I dont know how good of a transition it would make but a Halo rpg or tactics game would be sweet or a Resident Evil RPG.

kikimm
02-27-2006, 05:00 AM
I'd have to disagree with the Resident Evil thing. Survival horror games, I don't think, would do very well turned into an RPG. It would lose a lot of it's magic. Maybe I'm wrong, but eh. ;D

I can't think of anything else though. :monster:

The Last Ancient
02-28-2006, 01:12 AM
MGSRPG.

Shoeberto
02-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Doom.

IMP encountered! Action?!
Shoot
Shoot
Change gun
Shoot

NeoCracker
02-28-2006, 01:58 AM
I quess if they played around with the stories they could do tekkan and Soulcaliber.

Mo-Nercy
02-28-2006, 03:28 AM
I'd have to disagree with the Resident Evil thing. Survival horror games, I don't think, would do very well turned into an RPG. It would lose a lot of it's magic. Maybe I'm wrong, but eh. ;D

I can't think of anything else though. :monster:
Have you played Koudelka. Back in it's day, it was a very high quality survival horror RPG. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't mind at all if RE did something like that.

Tekken or Soul Calibur would be a lot of a fun as an RPG. Ideally, it should combine the stories of several characters and several of the games not just one.

Reine
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (Nocturne for the americans) had Dante as a playable character...that was just awesome

~SapphireStar~
02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Resident Evil RPG.
Like the sound of it!

Have you played Koudelka. Back in it's day, it was a very high quality survival horror RPG. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't mind at all if RE did something like that.
Koudelka is a godly RPG horror game and its still amazing today.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Koudelka is a godly RPG horror game and its still amazing today.

Any of you guys wanna stand up for Koudelka in this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=79849) thread?

~SapphireStar~
02-28-2006, 07:14 PM
I already did :D

Gnostic Yevon
02-28-2006, 10:43 PM
There's an RTS series on the PS2 called Kessen that could make a decent RPG. Especially since the second one had magic in it already.

In all three the goal is to reunite your country, which to me would be a wonderful break from "save the effing planet you 16-year-old girly man" plotlines.

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/rm_ps2_kessen.html
http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/article497.html

Anyway, a plotline like that has some decent possibilities.

Raistlin
02-28-2006, 10:45 PM
There's an RTS series on the PS2 called Kessen that could make a decent RPG. Especially since the second one had magic in it already.
Kessen was a great game. I didn't like Kessen 2, though.

Dreddz
02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Im just gonna say that Koudelka is an awful game.
Ok, Good RPG transitions ..........well I like the sound of a RE RPG.
The closest to that would probably be RE Gaiden, that was crap though lol

KentaRawr!
03-01-2006, 02:55 AM
>_> Mario Kart, obviously.

Seriously though, I think Bible Adventures would make a wonderful RPG. It's been a while since we got an RPG with a story about religion.

<_< Okay, NOW I am serious. A good RPG would be Soul Calibur. I know it really focusses on gameplay, but the story has so much potential.

Giga Guess
03-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Silent Hill possibly....except it may lose a bit if you have to gather a party.....Iunno, maybe.

Madame Adequate
03-02-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm just waiting for the RPG where you don't have to leave at least 2/3 of your party behind when you go to do anything.

Raistlin
03-02-2006, 04:12 AM
I'm just waiting for the RPG where you don't have to leave at least 2/3 of your party behind when you go to do anything.
Suikoden. You have to leave 29/30 of your party behind.

black orb
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
>>> Castlevania proved to do well with some rpg elements, I think it would be great if they make a full fledged rpg of the series.. you know, like using parties and a lot of characters..