PDA

View Full Version : Stemmed from the 90's thread.

Jowy
02-27-2006, 06:08 AM
(If this would go in the lounge, please move it there. Wasn't sure exactly where to put it.)

Okay, most of us watched Power Rangers, at least once. Now, Tommy. He was cool, awesome, and clearly everyone's favorite of the bunch. So, was he more badass and crazy awesome as the previously evil Green Ranger who could summon the Dragonzord to step on the same fruit stand every time it came out of the water, and became an invaluable asset, or as the newly appointed White Ranger, new leader of the power rangers, and had a talking sword and the equally cool Tigerzord.

Let's get a poll going on, hopefully clearing this falsehood that the White Ranger is superior to the Green. He just had so much more style and skill with the awesome shield and ocarina/dagger weapon.

theundeadhero
02-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Are you all forgetting that he only started as a bad green ranger? Later he was a good green ranger and his zoid combined with the already combined robot from the other rangers to make a super-ultra-mega-zoid.

SoulTaker*
02-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Well, the dagger/flute thing was badass, but Im gonna have to go with the White ranger getup and Saba the talking dagger, he was gangsta, "Tommy what the hell are you doing". Anyway I think he exploded and died in the movie.

Xaven
02-27-2006, 06:24 AM
zomp this is racist.

(Green.)

o_O
02-27-2006, 06:32 AM
The Green Ranger was so much cooler than the White Ranger. I stopped when they changed him, and gave all of the others dumb names like Rocky. :(

DMKA
02-27-2006, 07:50 AM
The green ranger had the transferable torso sheild, the dragon dagger/flute, and the dragon zord which he called forth from the ocean who's tail could detatch and double as a drill staff. How can you compare a unagile white tiger and a pansy missle shooting falcon to such greatness?

Rye
02-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Green, fo' sho. Bush doesn't like the black ranger. ;_____;

Kirobaito
02-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I have both the Dragonzord and White Tigerzord, and I can easily say that the superior toy is the White Tigerzord. I still have the episode where Tommy regains his powers on tape.

Mo-Nercy
02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I CAN'T DECIDE! :cry:

Zante
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
What about red and black? :mad2:

DMKA
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
What about red and black? :mad2:
Well the green ranger and white ranger were the same guy, the ultimate power of the six whenever they were present, and were never present at the same time. Red and Black were a different story.

Zante
02-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Was him too, though. He was the red ranger in turno and zeo, and black in some other series.
I never got to see him as the green ranger btw. When I started watching the show, he was already white. Green looked so much cooler though, I was soo pissed at that time... :)

DMKA
02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Was him too, though. He was the red ranger in turno and zeo, and black in some other series.
I never got to see him as the green ranger btw. When I started watching the show, he was already white. Green looked so much cooler though, I was soo pissed at that time... :)
I tried to forget Zeo. Yes, he was the Red in Zeo. No, he was never the black ranger. You're probably thinking of the Gold ranger during Zeo, who's costume was almost completely black. He, however, was Jason, the original red ranger, not Tommy.

Zante
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Linkage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Oliver)

There ya go, now gimme a cookie. :p

Madame Adequate
02-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I can't believe this is even up for discussion. It is so plainly the Green Ranger.

Cz
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
The Green Ranger wins, if only because Dragonzord was hilarious.

Acid Raine
03-04-2006, 04:45 AM
I remember a long time ago, I had meself a little Green Ranger figurine-thingie. It was very morbid and not appropriate for children. You flipped a switch on his back, and his head would go inside his chest, and was replaced by a new head! One of the heads was with his helmet, the other was without. I think that doll may be what caused me to be the way I am. O_O

DK
03-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Green Ranger because Dragonzord was the coolest zord that there ever was.

Kirobaito
03-04-2006, 05:03 AM
I remember a long time ago, I had meself a little Green Ranger figurine-thingie. It was very morbid and not appropriate for children. You flipped a switch on his back, and his head would go inside his chest, and was replaced by a new head! One of the heads was with his helmet, the other was without. I think that doll may be what caused me to be the way I am. O_O
I have the same toy in addition to the other 5 original Rangers.

rubah
03-04-2006, 05:08 AM
tommy may have been cooler as the green ranger, but he really comes into his own as the white ranger!

Shoeberto
03-04-2006, 05:11 AM
Green Ranger!
Dude, he was EVIL for like a week. And he had the awesome dagger that was a FLUTE that he used to call the Dragonzord. He ROCKED.

theundeadhero
03-04-2006, 05:13 AM
To this day I still sometimes punch and kick while I talk so I can look cool like the power rangers.

kikimm
03-05-2006, 05:13 AM
I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Tommy the White Ranger. :(

But he was just so badass as Green.

black orb
03-05-2006, 05:33 AM
>>> I never got to like the american sentai series..
But what the heck, I`ll just pick the white ranger because he has a talking sword or something..

escobert
03-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Green of course