PDA

View Full Version : For Every Man There's a Woman

Chris
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Do you think this is true? No matter how ugly, mean, sweet, adorable you may be there's a person out there just for you. For every man there's a woman, and for every woman there's a man. Do you think there's that special someone out there meant just for you?

Pheesh
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
probably...but who has the time to find them or learn to speak mongolian or whatever fudged up country they live in.

Stay Super
GG

Boo!
02-27-2006, 12:59 PM
awwww... bow overseer mandinka you are really deep and it's cool that you think about these things! i think that there is someone for everyone and you shouldn't worry! just because someone doesn't like you doesn't mean everyone doesn't like you! you just have to keep on going and someday you'll find what you're looking for! ^_^

Meat Puppet
02-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I suppose there might be someone I get along with better than anyone else, but I'm too lazy to look for her. Besides, by the time I find her she'd probably be married to some like, famous tennis player or something.

Pheesh
02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Why bother though...talking to yourself is much easier. I get along with myself fine.

Stay Super
GG

Psychotic
02-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I think there are more women than men.

Flying Mullet
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
It's true, except in Chuck Norris' case. In Chuck Norris' case, "For every Chuck Norris, 100 more women are made."

Shaun
02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I disagree with that statement. Even if there is this 'match' for everyone, chances are, they'll never meet 'em.

Ki Ki
02-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't agree at all! Not one bit! No one was made for anyone. It's just your luck that you happen to meet someone. Anyone can be with anyone given that the right romancing tactics are used. Like toasting marshmallows by the fire. :excited:
In other words, I do agree that there's always someone out there for you aslong as there are other people on the earth. If everyone else died say due to plague then I would have to firmly disagree. :choc2:

Resha
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't you just mean soulmates? It works both ways, doesn't it? If there's only one woman for every man, then in order for the man to not have a torrid time, there should only be one man for every woman??

Or oh my gosh, love triangles?! Love quadrilaterals? Love octagons, even? Snazzy. :D

yuno
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
i think girls outnumber guys by a significant margin.so a one-to-one correspondence is not possible.

Jess
02-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I believe that you could fall in love with anybody, they don't have to be the perfect match. :)

Social Moon Firesky
02-27-2006, 04:06 PM
No, and if I ever met my unfortunate soulmate I would eat them just to disprove this point. :)

Behold the Void
02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I believe the percentage is something like 50.2% female to 49.8% male. Something like that.

Anyway, no, I do not believe that. The concept of soulmates always struck me as utterly rediculous, plus there are all of the people who die before they ever get married or are rapists or are convicted felons or for some reason never get married. A lot of factors. And yes, I'm aware that rapists and convicted felons can get women. I'm just using it as an example.

~SapphireStar~
02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
I think there someone out there for someone else. Its kind of romantic and your perfect partner is out there. You just have to go find them! Thats what I believe.

Zante
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
There are thousands of people one could get along well enough to start a relationship with, some of em might even be perfect, but I dont believe there is someone who is 'meant' for you. I dont believe in fate and such things.

Rengori
02-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Considering there are around 6 billion people on earth, it may hard to sort through all of them. And a lot of the eligible canidates are probably married or not near your age.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I don't believe it "ones". I believe people create special for what is around them simply because they know nothing else. Otherwise you'd have a system whereby a person could be living in New York and their other half lives in Toyko. Who's to say who your better half would be? Would they be the same age as you? The same race? Would they even speak the same language?

I believe that we can find someone special out of those around us, but I don't buy into the idea of "one's" from any logical point of view. That's just a ludicrous fantasy. But to the question of whether or not there's someone for everyone, then yeah sure. Unless you were, say, a psychopathic killer who eats kittens and were incapable of loving and being loved, then you have a chance of finding someone.

Shoeberto
02-28-2006, 01:00 AM
I didn't until recently.

Madame Adequate
02-28-2006, 01:01 AM
If Hitler had Eva Braun (Which he did, the sly dog!) then there's hope for anybody.

But in seriousness, I don't believe in 'the one'. I just think there are some people who it's (For lack of a better term.) 'right' to be with. But there's no reason to think there's just one person on the whole planet (Universe?) who's right for you, and nobody else is.

Xaven
02-28-2006, 01:20 AM
What about a perfect man for another man? Or woman for a woman?

Anyway, I generally disagree with the idea here. There are tons of people in the world that would be perfect (or nearly) for a person. I just don't buy fate.

Miriel
02-28-2006, 01:37 AM
You're not taking into account the men who want men and women who want other women.

I don't like the idea of soulmates because I don't think that there is some cosmic design that brings two people together. I believe that the person we are meant to be with is the person we choose to love and commit to. There are people out there who are completely right for each other and are soulmates in the sense that they love each other completely and wholly, but not in the sense that they were destined to be together.

Jebus
02-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Of course not. When you start believing in a concept like this, it just introduces things like 'fate' and 'destiny' both of which I completely disagree with.

So my answer is a definite no.

Yamaneko
02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
She's always in the last place you look.

NeoCracker
02-28-2006, 01:57 AM
Its a statistical impossiblity. I really wanted to say that some day, and now I finally get to say it.

Ultima Shadow
02-28-2006, 02:08 AM
For every Ultima Shadow, there's 50 hot chicks. For every hot chick, there's an Ultima Shadow and 49 other hot chicks to share him with.

boris no no
02-28-2006, 02:31 PM
If not then I am screwed

Skarr
02-28-2006, 02:36 PM
As much as I despise the concept of relationships...the notion that every man has his woman, somewhere out there and vice versa...was one that I always loved to hear. It may not happen to everyone...but I believe that it's true.

nik0tine
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Most people are at least moderately compatable with everyone else, so yeah, it's true.

Anaisa
02-28-2006, 11:05 PM
I think its probably true for most people, but I very much doubt for everybody. We could find out the answer to this question very easily if people weren't so desperate.

Lost Number
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I can only hope that there is. I can but hope.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 11:27 PM
For every Ultima Shadow, there's 50 hot chicks. For every hot chick, there's an Ultima Shadow and 49 other hot chicks to share him with.

*wishes he'd said that and was as awesome as US*

Acid Raine
03-04-2006, 07:51 AM

And for every Sherl and 50 hot chicks, there is an Acid Raine to steal 36 of them. For every Acid Raine, there is 36 of Sherl's hot chicks to steal.

:mwahaha:

Levian
03-04-2006, 11:02 AM
She's always in the last place you look.

Under the couch?

NeoCracker
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
For every Ulltima shadow there is 50 hot chicks, for every corncracker there is an ultima Shadow that has 50 hotchicks that will inevitably become his.

black orb
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
>>> I think it should be "for every woman there`s a man"..