PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII

boisblancboy
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I have a PS2 and just got Final Fantasy VIII. The game plays fine, but i cannot save my game. My memory card is not full. When i select either slot 1 or 2 it says "Do not remome controller. Memory Card from slot 1, 2, or open Disc Cover" then it flashes "Failed to check Memory Card". The card works fine with every other game that i have. Please help! Thanks

Flying Mullet
02-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Do you have any PSOne memory cards plugged in? Remember, PSOne games can only be saved to PSOne memory cards, not PS2 memory cards.

boisblancboy
02-27-2006, 06:13 PM
No, i have PS2 Cards, i never new you needed PS1 cards! Damm! Thanks a ton!! Guess i will have to get back on Ebay and get one.

Flying Mullet
02-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, the PSOne games aren't designed to write to PS2 cards since they didn't exist when the games where made, although it'd be nice if they did.

boisblancboy
02-27-2006, 06:22 PM
No kidding, where i live i cant just run to the store, so i have to order it, now i am going to have to wait another friggen week to get the card!!! Thanks a ton for your help though! i was just about to return the game for another one.

One more quick question, any PS1 card will work with my PS2 right?

No need to post twice in a row. If you have something to add, just use the edit button on your previous post. :)
// S

Flying Mullet
02-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think they will. I know that PS2 cards can have PSOne data transferred to them in the memory card manager. I do this all the time to keep my PSOne card clean but save my game data for a later date.

rubah
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
You can use a ps1 memory card in your playstation2, yes.