PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3

Stayin Dizzy
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1510482/09272005/story.jhtml

Kirsten Dunst confirms venom and sandman as villians. Google spiderman 3 to see a poster of him in the venom suit....very sweet. I was reading around and I'm wondering if Black Cat will be in this one 2

Rye
02-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Seeing that I absolutly LOVED the first two movies, I am so excited for this one. :D

SoulTaker*
02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
First off, I cant wait and second... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/ that has to be the most badass movie poster Ive ever seen. Anyway how many times will Gwen Stacy die this century?

Epiphany
02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Topher Grace as Venom?

WHAT?

DK
02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Topher Grace as Venom?

WHAT?

anacacia
02-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I dunno, some reason I really don't want to watch it. I liked the first one, then I thought the second one was a little better, but now, a third one? I dunno. I'm not really into the whole thing.

SoulTaker*
02-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Topher Grace as Venom?

WHAT?
Remember he is just playing Eddy Brock, and Topher is a good actor, the Venom aspect will most likely be animated. Although he would probably fit more as Cassidy, a skinny psycho killer.

Pure Strife
02-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Venom? This should be sweet.

Dreddz
02-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Ok, now that I know Venoms in it, Im surely seeing this....

Epiphany
02-27-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm glad that Venom is in it but I'm not going to be able to take it seriously, since Eddy is being played by the biggest wuss in the entire world.

SoulTaker*
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm glad that Venom is in it but I'm not going to be able to take it seriously, since Eddy is being played by the biggest wuss in the entire world.
Eddy Brock wasnt a tough guy, he was a cry baby reporter remember, who hated Peter Parker. Its the suit that makes him a badass. What about Sandman, one of the original villians.

Epiphany
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Eddy Brock wasnt a tough guy, he was a cry baby reporter remember, who hated Peter Parker. Its the suit that makes him a badass. What about Sandman, one of the original villians.

I know it's the symbiot that makes him the tough guy Venom, but I just won't be able to take Eddy's portrayal seriously because it's TOPHER.

SoulTaker*
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I know it's the symbiot that makes him the tough guy Venom, but I just won't be able to take Eddy's portrayal seriously because it's TOPHER.
Trust Sam Raimi, he hasnt casted bad yet.

a nirvana fan
02-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Can't wait to see it, I really enjoyed the first two, hope this one continues the greatness of the series.

Shlup
02-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Topher as Venom made me lol.

I assumed the black Spiderman suit, since it doesn't look like Venom's original suit, had to do with the fact that Gwen Stacy will be a character in this movie (if you don't know what that implies, don't ask). Guess we'll see. They've also implied something about Green Goblin and/or Hobgoblin.

"Hopefully I won't be swinging from ropes or anything or screaming in this one." xD

TheAbominatrix
02-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Didnt they have Gwen's name on a tombstone in the first one? I have no idea what they'll do with her (though I hope she takes MJ's spot in Peter's life, as I hate MJ) since they drew heavily from her death scene in the comics for the bridge scene in the first film.

Anyway, I really like Topher Grace, and I'm sure he'll do a great job, but he wouldnt be my choice for Venom. I see Eddie Brock as a more creepy guy... I think my problem with Topher is that he sort of looks too much like Tobey, and I can easily picture Topher as Peter Parker.

Ah well, I'm sure it will be great anyway.

But on another note... Sandman? Of all the neato villians, why Sandman? Ugh.

Shlup
02-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I was avoiding mentioning that she dies for those who don't know who she is, dumbass. xP

TheAbominatrix
02-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Meh, I doubt it'll happen in the films though. Especially doubtful in the first one she's introduced in. They've already screwed her story so much, essentially merging her and Mary Jane into the same person. I doubt she'll end up like she did in the comics.

Raistlin
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Mary Jane needs to die and her replacement should be Gwen Stacey. That would be fitting.

Venom is nice, but Sandman? wtf? I mean, come on. The Green Goblin, Doc Oc, and Venom were all very huge villains in the Spider-Man comics. But Sandman?

Spider-Man 2 sucked. I have little hope for this one, but I'll probably see it in theaters anyway. Because, I mean, it's Spider-Man.

Maxico
02-27-2006, 10:50 PM
It would be so awesome if they replaced Kirsten Dunst as payback for revealing major aspects of the story.

DK
02-27-2006, 11:19 PM
I really like Topher Grace as well. However, there's no way i'll be able to take him seriously as venom when he looks like freaking Cid.

http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/SeansWedding/seanwed_02.jpg

That's Venom! Right there!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
.................get out

XxSephirothxX
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll definitely go see it, and I'll enjoy it even if it's worse than the first two. Both were excellent movies in my opinion and in the opinion of most respected film reviewers, and I'm a pretty big Spider-man fan. The movie poster made me wonder if they'll encorporate the black symbiote suit that Spidey acquires in the comics, which eventually breaks off and attaches to Eddie Brock to create Venom. I originally assumed they wouldn't, since it's such a complex and lengthy plotline, but maybe they'll condense it and make it the third movie's focus. I read a couple years ago Sony wants to make six Spider-man films, so this probably won't be the last. :p

Stayin Dizzy
02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
They've also implied something about Green Goblin and/or Hobgoblin.

Hobgoblins a given due to the end of 2 but I think it'll be staging for Spidey 4. A cast list shows Doc Connors makes a cameo in this one so the lizard and hobgoblin would be a good bunch together. I'm looking forward to seeing the rhino and shocker eventually too. I really believe Feliecia Harding isn't far off. And either the interview I posted or a different one I read said something about a dead charachter being revived. I say Doc Ock. Green Goblin was beyond super dead

krissy
02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Mary Jane needs to die and her replacement should be Gwen Stacey. That would be fitting.

no
no it really wouldn't be :(

EDIT: A few things ran through my mind a few days ago; that might not be symbiote he's wearing, that pose is all sad and crap, so it might be just a black suit for mourning (and who's he gonna mourn like that other than MJ). And since the hobgolblin lead in would cause some sort of gay 'oh no not again oh the drama' moment at the bridge to rip apart Peters head...oh Shlup already said this.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
shocker would b awesome with the vulture

Slothy
02-28-2006, 12:35 AM
The only reason I have little problem with Venom being in the movie is because Raimi is still running the show and I have faith in him to make Venom a great villian in the movie. If anyone else were running the show I'd probably have almost written it off as soon as Venom being in it was announced. There really haven't been many good Venom stories over the years. In fact, none I've read realy topped the original. The good news is we should get to see crazed psycho bent on killing Spider-Man Venom, rather than one dimensional anti hero Venom if they're smart about it with this movie.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Venom! *dies*

XxSephirothxX
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
The best thing about Venom is that he opens up the possibility of a sequel with Carnage. Now THAT would be a movie.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 12:53 AM
The best thing about Venom is that he opens up the possibility of a sequel with Carnage. Now THAT would be a movie.

*dies again*

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2006, 01:19 AM
A cast list shows Doc Connors makes a cameo in this one so the lizard and hobgoblin would be a good bunch together.

They mentioned Doc Connors in the first movie, as well. I dont know if they'll use it at all, but I think they're making an effort to make sudden appearances of these guys as villians less sudden and more plausible.

edit: Like the thing with Jameson's son in the last film, using it to help build up to the symbiote plot.

Del Murder
02-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Connors was in the second one and had a minor role as Peter's professor. I doubt the Lizard will make an appearance.

Sandman is kind of weak, yeah, but maybe he'll be good.

Shlup
02-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Topher said the movie has "two and a half villains," so, yeah, I think hobgoblin isn't full-on in this one, but he'll be building up.

Zeromus_X
02-28-2006, 04:30 AM
As long as there's no clone crap in it, I'm all for it. :cat:

yuno
02-28-2006, 07:19 AM
*already waiting for carnage*

im gonna watch this movie,for sure.in spiderman 4,maybe hobgoblin and carnage will show up at the same time.that would be nice.

as for spiderman 3,im looking for a very good venom show.i will also be waiting for what sandman does there.

darkchrono
02-28-2006, 09:01 AM
I think this spidey series is really good (the second one was especially good). But I was wondering exactly how many spidey movies can they make. I mean these actors and actresses can only play college aged kids believably for so long (Tobey Mcguire is already in his 30's I believe).

As long as they continue to make good stories and plots in these movies the interest will always be there. But will the believeability continue to be there if they make more than three of them.

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
The main cast is only contracted for three, or so I read. They'll most likely pull a Batman and just recast as neccesary.

edczxcvbnm
02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I think this spidey series is really good (the second one was especially good). But I was wondering exactly how many spidey movies can they make. I mean these actors and actresses can only play college aged kids believably for so long (Tobey Mcguire is already in his 30's I believe).

As long as they continue to make good stories and plots in these movies the interest will always be there. But will the believeability continue to be there if they make more than three of them.

They eventually get out of college at some point and have normal lives. As long as they keep moving time along they can keep them on until they get tired of it. But how long will Toby and Dunst want to keep doing Spiderman?

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-28-2006, 05:55 PM
What aboot CARNAGE!?

Death Penalty
03-01-2006, 01:44 AM
The plan for the cast is after the 3rd movie there gonna wait a few years and get a new cast. Carnage will come hopefuly

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/a_nirvana_fan/summer20076.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/a_nirvana_fan/spidey3.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/a_nirvana_fan/tobymaguire.jpg

Spiderman 3 is the third and final Spidey film to be released May 2007Summer. I know this is an early stage to post such a thread but I will update this thread AS SOON as any new information leaks out.

New Actors
Thomas Haden Church
Topher Grace
Bryce Howard

Thomas Haden Chuch will be playing Sandman
Topher Grace will be playing Venom
Bryce Howard will be playing Gwen's father

The Cast
Tobey Maguire as Spiderman/Peter Parker
Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson
Thomas Haden Church as Sandman
Topher Grace as Venom
Dylan Baker as Dr. Curt Conners
Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy
James Franco as Harry Osborn
Daniel Gillies as Jone Jameson
Rosemary Harris as May Parker
Bill Nunn as Joseph "Robbie" Robertson
Ted Raimi as Hoffam
J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
James Cromwell as Captain George Stacy
Elizabeth Banks as Betty Brant
Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben Parker

General Information
Directed by Sam Raimi
Screenwritten by Alvin Sargent
Written by Stan Lee(creator of the Spiderman comics)
Steve Ditko(part of the making of the Spiderman comics)

Release: May 2007(USA) no information known about other countries
Language: English(obviously)
Budget: $250,000,000

Cameos
The Amazing Spider-Man TV star Nicholas Hammond (Who was the first actor to portray a live-action Spider-Man) is rumored to have a cameo role in the third movie.

Stan Lee will most likely have, as in the previous films, quick cameos. In most of the Marvel Comic movies Stan Lee has had a cameo. Almost every movie he has had some credit on the creation of he has had a cameo.

Chris Tucker is rumored to have a cameo appearance as a cab driver.
Sam Raimi may also possibly have a short cameo, as in Spider-Man 2.
Cliff Robertson will reprise his role as Uncle Ben, most likely in a flashback sequence, as in Spider-Man 2.

The Plot
Official Plot Summary: Third film in the highly successful "Spider-Man" series sees several new villains and a new woman enter Peter Parker's life. With his secret now revealed to both Mary Jane and Harry, Peter must face the consequences of his actions and his new life together with Mary Jane as they finally form a relationship. Yet their newfound open display of love has yielded some unfortunate results, not the least of which is Peter's upset boss determined to make his life hell for causing his son emotional distress. Not helping is a young investigative reporter named Eddie Brock who Jameson has hired to find out why Mary Jane dumped his son for Peter - what's Parker's secrets?

At the same time an escaped prisoner hiding out on a remote beach is caught in a dreadful accident and finds himself turned into a shape-shifting sand creature. Peter's investigations into the past of this 'Sandman' brings him in contact with two very different things that will inevitably alter his life. The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter. The other, a black substance from an accident scene which 'merges' with Peter's costume and gives him new found abilities.

Things come to a head however when Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem. In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter, whilst the black substance covering his suit separates from him and merges with a distraught Brock to form something else entirely - a creature unlike anything he's ever faced. A 'Venom' that he may not be able to stop.

Links
Official Spider-Man Network: http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/
Offical Spider-Man Message Boards:
http://boards.sonypictures.com/spiderman
Internet Movie Database Info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/
Plot Summary and Cast: http://www.movietab.com/spiderman3.shtml
Rotten Tomatoes Spider-Man 3: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Threads merged.

Shlup
04-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Sounds sexy.

Rye
04-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Dear god, Toby actually looks hot in that photo.

I'm so excited for Spiderman 3, I'm a huge fan of the movie series. :)

Dreddz
04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Looks good, but too many villains for sure. I reckon the last showdown will be with spidey and Venom, which is going to be all good.
Green Goblin is a joke now, NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIM NO MORE. Sandman and Venom it should be, preferably, Just Venom.

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Damn it, sorry to the person who made this thread originally, ive done something so dumb its funny, I meant to create a new thread but instead somehow I posted it on yours, really sorry.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2006, 11:10 PM
You did post a new thread. Then I merged it into this one, since we don't need two Spider-Man 3 threads. I would have just closed yours, but you seemed to have put some effort into it.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2006, 11:14 PM
el oh el

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
You did post a new thread. Then I merged it into this one, since we don't need two Spider-Man 3 threads. I would have just closed yours, but you seemed to have put some effort into it.

I see, before I seen the messsage above, I made a new thread again. Close it if you like, i didnt realise, sorry.

XxSephirothxX
04-03-2006, 01:38 AM
I doubt Spiderman 3 will be the last in the series, unless the entire cast refuses to return to make another movie. I read an interview with someone involved in the series months ago, and they said that the idea is to create six Spiderman films. It seems like a bit of a stretch, but as long as the movies continue to be well made and popular, I doubt any of the stars would leave the project. Raimi might, though. Having Venom as a villian will be amazing. As soon as they make a movie with Carnage, my fanboy dreams will have come true. :p

Ballistix Man
04-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Its planned to go to 6 mvies.

Del Murder
04-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Some actors don't want to be typecasted regardless of the franchise's popularity. It's the whole burning bridges thing. Once you make it big in the blockbusters you think you're too good for that anymore and only want to do the artsy award-winning pictures.

Anyway, if they're signed for six movies there'll be six movies. Does anyone know how many they've signed on for? Mainly Toby and Kirsten.

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm pretty sure (not positive) that they're all signed on for three. I remember reading a lot about how Maguire and Dunst want out, I think in part due to the two of them dating and breaking up. Here's some stuff I found just now.

While Maguire's co-star Kirsten Dunst has emphatically stated that she won't do a fourth Spider-Man, Maguire is a tad more circumspect on the subject. "I don't know that I would make a statement like that, but I don't anticipate doing a fourth movie. I think that three is probably enough for me, but you never know. If they sent me a script that was better than any other script I've ever read and offered me a piece of Sony Corporation, maybe I'd change my mind", Maguire says laughingly." Never say never, you know? Sony is a big company."

James Franco (Harry) has also said that Spider-man 3 will be his last. Which makes me sad cause he's hot ;_;.

Ballistix Man
04-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Their signed for 3 movies. The plan is to wait a few years after this one and bring it back with a new cast.

Despotus
04-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Nirvanafan's "hot" Tobey pic seems to lend even more weight to the "somebody dies" theory. He looks like he's at a funeral, no?

And I'm joining the chorus of people here who are screaming for Carnage! Hope we don't have to wait too long to see him make an appearance. :cool:

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Well if it follows the comics, it's pretty obvious that Gwen Stacey will be the one to die.

Avathar
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
There has to be a Spiderman movie with both Venom and Carnage in it. ^_^Then i'm satisfied.

Despotus
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Well if it follows the comics, it's pretty obvious that Gwen Stacey will be the one to die.
I agree. But, who can say that it will stay true to the comics. I mean, look at the Xmen movies, and Hulk, and V for Vendetta, and Batman and...:(

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
True, but I think it'd be the most obvious death.

Spider-man has already strayed from the comics, especially since they're just <i>now</i> introducing Gwen.

Despotus
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh yes, that bugs me too. But, since they already have screwed with the true history of Spidey and Co. so much, I think it would make typical "hollywood" sense to kill off M.J. Thus opening the story up to bring Gwen in, and maybe giving Harry and Peter even more reasons to hate each other? Someone made a very valid point earlier about not killing off a "new" character as soon as he/she shows up. The unfamiliar fans might not have time to grow attached to him/her yet. You know? Hollywood is so predictable sometimes. :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
That's certainly a good point, and I'd love to have them off MJ. She annoys the crap outta me.

It really could be anyone, especially MJ or Harry, since their actors are finishing up in this film. Though really I would say of those two, Harry would be the more likely one to off.

Then again, everyone who has died so far has been killed in the first movie, havent they?

Despotus
04-03-2006, 02:37 PM
mmmmm Yep.

mmmm Maybe.

and mmmm Yep. :)

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
xD

Glad we're in agreement <3