PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Evermore

Medi
02-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Gosh, this is such a nifty game. It was released for the SNES in the early-mid '90s, I think. Anyway, I really like the battle system for the game, as well as having a loyal companion to help you out. So enjoyable. However, I heard that this game did terribly. I wonder why...

Dreddz
02-28-2006, 05:57 PM
its a pretty spiffy game, I liked everyone apart from the story, which is why I havent beaten SOE yet....

Endless
02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Gosh, this is such a nifty game. It was released for the SNES in the early-mid '90s, I think. Anyway, I really like the battle system for the game, as well as having a loyal companion to help you out. So enjoyable. However, I heard that this game did terribly. I wonder why...

My first guess would be the complete lack of multiplayer support, and my second is that it had too many empty places (as in, lots of fights but not enough npc interaction).

Carmilla
03-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I can think of a few reasons why it didnt do too well when it was released.

If i remember correctly it was released and publicized as a US made rpg. Im pretty sure it was never releaed in Japan, thus losing the majority of rpg players.

And it was released AFTER the legendary Secret of Mana and still couldnt compare to SoM. Its funny how Evermore was largely based upon the Secret gameplay yet did so many things worse.

Also, add in its terrible box art... :mog:

Stayin Dizzy
03-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I thought it was ok. Lots of way better SNES games though

Morridor
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Did you know that some characters from Final Fantasy VI make a cameo in this game? I can't remember which part of the game (in fact, I'm replaying it right now because I love it so much), but I definitely remember seeing them!

Danny

Bendak
03-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Im gonna find my SNES, hook it up, borrow this game from my cousin, and beat it just because of the post above mine now.

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm gona do thesame!

crono_logical
03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I'd put it in the better part of SNES RPGs too :p

abrojtm
03-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Actually it was Cecil and Rosa from FFIV, they own a weapon shop if I remember correctly.

Jowy
03-08-2006, 04:29 AM
Watch what happens when you leave the "The End" screen running for an hour. ;)

Medi
03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
It's true, Cecil and Rosa do own a shop in this game. Also, when you are fighting Vigor in that Colliseum, you can clearly see the gang from FFVI in the crowd.