PDA

View Full Version : KH2 looks embarrasing...

IceAngel
02-28-2006, 04:15 PM
I love KH so don't start to think I'm fully against this game coming out. It's just that, on the voice actors interviews for KH2 they showed little snippets of the American version of the game. While I was watching some of the scenes I started to think that some of them were a bit too childish. Especially when I saw the Under the Sea music sequence (in japanese). I just felt a little embarrased of it. It seemed a bit corny to me. I just wanted to know what other people think, or if you felt the same, share it so that I don't feel like the only person that feels this way. I don't want any doubts before I play the game. :confused:

SeeDRankLou
02-28-2006, 05:22 PM
You could think that by looking at some of the scenes from the first Kingdom Hearts, but when you actually play the game you find otherwise. I'm sure KHII will be the same way. And, the Atlantica world is suppose to be like a musical, so it's going to be a little different. But it looks fun, I really hope that Donald and Goofy sing, that'll be funny.

Skyblade
02-28-2006, 05:24 PM
You could think that by looking at some of the scenes from the first Kingdom Hearts, but when you actually play the game you find otherwise. I'm sure KHII will be the same way. And, the Atlantica world is suppose to be like a musical, so it's going to be a little different. But it looks fun, I really hope that Donald and Goofy sing, that'll be funny.

What he said. Also, comparing KH to KHII, it looks as though KHII is going to be a lot less childish than the original. Just wait 'til you play it. I think your fears will prove to be unjustified.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
looks like uve jus seen the wrong things

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-28-2006, 09:42 PM
The sing along is hilarious. Although that might have something to do with hearing Miyu Irino sing "Under the Sea" in Japanese.

And it really is a lot darker. You've just seen the wrong footage, and the Atlantica thing is really rather amusing.

Hambone
02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
If you've spoiled yourself with as many japanese cutscenes as I have from KH2, you'd know that KH2 is WAY more dark and serious.

IceAngel
02-28-2006, 10:52 PM
I only see stuff i'm curious about. For example, I was interested to know whether Haley Joel Osment had to sing in the Under The Sea scene. Yea I thought it was a bit funny. I'm just worried that its not gonna be up to the standards the media are giving it. I hope it is though.

Nick Schovitz
02-28-2006, 11:02 PM
I love KH so don't start to think I'm fully against this game coming out. It's just that, on the voice actors interviews for KH2 they showed little snippets of the American version of the game. While I was watching some of the scenes I started to think that some of them were a bit too childish. Especially when I saw the Under the Sea music sequence (in japanese). I just felt a little embarrased of it. It seemed a bit corny to me. I just wanted to know what other people think, or if you felt the same, share it so that I don't feel like the only person that feels this way. I don't want any doubts before I play the game. :confused:
Did you see this on X-play too? I don't know why people are soo wild up about it, it's an okay game but not anything to praisem, well small children might. i just hope that it won't be kiddier than the last and why did they put in Chicken Little for a summon/ no one cares about him!

Rinoa_Heartillly
03-01-2006, 02:46 AM
It's Disney. They're tring to appeal to the little children as well as FF fans.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Do bear in mind that you don't HAVE to summon Chicken Little. He sucks anyways.

And it's a lot darker. Seriously, you can't just judge the game off a sing-along clip.

KH-Cloudy
03-01-2006, 03:37 AM
yeaaa what that guy said >_>......well...you should spoil urself with things ur actaully intrested about.....watch..like...uhh...hm.....damn it i forgot my example....and like the saying "dont judge a book by its cover" also means "dont judge the game by just SOME scenes"

TheAbominatrix
03-01-2006, 03:43 AM
There are silly things in lots of very serious games. Look at FFVII's cross dressing scene. That's downright out of place with the serious attitude of the rest of the game, and if one were to judge the game based on only that... well, what good would it do?

Mercen-X
03-02-2006, 12:09 AM
If you've spoiled yourself with as many japanese cutscenes as I have from KH2, you'd know that KH2 is WAY more dark and serious.
I would if I could.

About Chicken Little: It's not so much Disney's appeal to children that is the issue, it's getting as much copyrighted material into the game for mention of credit due to Disney. More material = More moolah. But hey, Tron and Pirates are in it and Nightmare Before Christmas is making a return. If that doesn't make you feel better, then try the fact that Hollow Bastion is (supposedly) being expanded to show a whole town. It may be just a bit in a cutscene or it may be a playable level. Who knows? I still think it's cool.

Markus. D
03-02-2006, 01:06 PM
The stories are probably both as awe.

Disneys just the comical relief.

Mercen-X
03-03-2006, 12:27 AM
About Chicken Little: It's not so much Disney's appeal to children that is the issue, it's getting as much copyrighted material into the game for mention of credit due to Disney.
I neglected to mention it before, but just in case someone was wondering why Squenix doesn't try as hard to add material of their own to the game . . . *drum roll* it's because they're making it. They don't need a lot of copyrighted material to be accredited to them. The game itself is credited to them.

Lord Xehanort
03-03-2006, 02:17 AM
This game is getting an E 10+. It's gotta be darker than KH.

XxSephirothxX
03-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Judging by what I've seen, I think the game will be a lot darker, but it will retain the goofy Japanese sense of humor. I'm not really at all worried about it; even if it is no more serious than the first game, it'll still be loads of fun.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-03-2006, 08:48 PM
This game is getting an E 10+. It's gotta be darker than KH.
man didnt they say rated T?

SeeDRankLou
03-03-2006, 09:32 PM
man didnt they say rated T?
It did for a while, but I think that Square saw it eventually and got them to change it.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-03-2006, 10:08 PM
i thought it would of been cool if it was rated T, but then again maybe parents wont buy it

Lord Xehanort
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't understand the E 10+ rating... Shadow the Hedgehog got an E 10+... the only ting that kept it from being a T was the color of the blood, green rather than red...

SeeDRankLou
03-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't understand the E 10+ rating...
Captain Jack Sparrow and his rum.

Lord Xehanort
03-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I meant that I don't understand the E 10+ rating at all. The rating system was fine before. Adding E 10 + is just knit picking. Soon, games will have ages listed on it.

This game has been rated: 13, by the ESRB.

Mercen-X
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Seconded. :eep:

Jowy
03-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Chicken Little is voiced by Zach Braff. THEREFORE, he wins everything.

I should buy KH again and actually finish it, because this game looks pretty cool.

IceAngel
03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
While we are now suddenly talking about the age rating: In the UK, when KH first came out it was 11+ but then when it came out on platinum it went down to 7+. Don't no why that is. I don't think there is a difference personally...

StarlightAngel
03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Hollow Bastion is (supposedly) being expanded to show a whole town.

It's basically the new Traverse Town ;)

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Well, its has a 7+ rating because of disney. Disney wants children to buy this game. They don't care about teens, because disney is a children friendly company. They got rid of Aurons sake jug, and I'm pretty sure they won't show Jack chugging down a pint of rum.

Morridor
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Isn't KHII rated E10+? I know there was a huge debate over it being either E10+ or Teen, and I think it was E10+. But I know it's not E7+.

Danny

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:52 PM
In the UK it is. Its not here in the U.S. Its E10+. And even then, Disney wants kids to play it.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
KH2 is related to E10+ from Wikipedia, preteens want that KH2, It's rated E10+ not T for me.

Awesomeman
03-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Its not rated T for anyone anymore.

Nick Schovitz
03-11-2006, 12:46 AM
In the UK it is. Its not here in the U.S. Its E10+. And even then, Disney wants kids to play it.

Kids!! that means baby goat are you saying that baby goats can play games?

Awesomeman
03-11-2006, 01:07 AM
If they tried, I'm sure they can, remember what Peter Pan says? "If you believe, you can do anything" or something like that.

DMKA
03-11-2006, 01:57 AM
The first one looks more childish than the second one to me.

IceAngel
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Just wanna know why YOU say that DMKA. Is it for the same reasons?

eternalshiva
03-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Well it's true. The first one's way more bubbly. The second one seems to be a bit more dark after playing CoM and seeing where the game was headed. It's a bit more developped game wise and I'm really looking forward to it. Of course it seems childish XD It's freaking Walt Disney. Hard to make Ariel hard core when all she think about is getting into Prince Eric's pants and getting herself some legs. With considering the level of movies they're working with, they made the game a great combination and the added angst the 2nd one has from Sora being all "who's who" from CoM is going to make it even more wicked.

:D

Mazzora
03-15-2006, 03:56 PM
really i personally think that it's what makes Kingdom Hearts..well Kingdom Hearts. Like in the first one there were lots of corny lines, and we all know that, but without that it wouldn't be kingdom hearts.:D

IceAngel
03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
True true.

Dignified Pauper
03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
There are silly things in lots of very serious games. Look at FFVII's cross dressing scene. That's downright out of place with the serious attitude of the rest of the game, and if one were to judge the game based on only that... well, what good would it do?

I always thought FFVII was just some long drawn out joke and the punch line comes so far at the end of the joke that you forgot why you should laugh.

That said, KH II looks freakin sweet and definitely more serious than the first. The musical part should have been the Lion King though.

IceAngel
03-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Do you reckon Haley Joel Osment has to sing? In the japanese one Sora sings.