PDA

View Full Version : Looks to complicated:(

christian_ahh
02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I think the Final Fantasy games are evolving too much. They're getting to realistic and complicated. The first two games was quite alright. The 3rd I've never played, 4-6 was pretty nice too, but FFVII has been the far best game for me.

I want to buy FFXII too, but it doesn't seem like it's the good old FF style. For instance, no "fogthing" and that loveable sound when you start a battle. I have some questions I want to ask the experts before I'm looking forward to buy it.

-It's not online, is it?:confused:

-Will it be released on PS2, PS3 or PC? (I really hope PS2^^):p )

-When does it come out in Europe-Norway? Winter 06/07 or what?

-What kind of battle system? I hope it's that old ATB gauge, and that your party and the enemy attacks in turns:moomba:

That was all i could come up with now^^ thanks for the help in advance! I'm sorry for my bad english, but i hope it's readable:D :D :D

nik0tine
02-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't think it's online.
I'm fairly certain it will be released on the PS2.
I have no idea when it will be released in Europe.
It will not have a traditional ATB style battle system.
Your English is fine.

Dreddz
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
FFXII is not playable online, me thinks there might be some sort of Online features though ( clueless )
Its being released for the PS2
Its arriving in Europe early next year, thats my guess, not official date has been said.
The Battle system is similier to MMORPG's, so I guess it was influenced alot by FFXI's battle system. FFXII's has an odd take on the ATB, but its there.

Vivisteiner
02-28-2006, 06:11 PM
not online
PS2
Unconfirmed. (Id hazard a guess by Christmas)
Its ADB (Active dimension battle) I like the look of it, but its quite different from ATB as you can move characters etc + there are different modes etc

Jhei
02-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Since the others already have answered your questions, I'll just focus on clarifying the Battle System.

The Battle System is called Active Dimension Battle (ADB) and you fight your enemies right there without having battle transitions. The music in the areas are good, so I think battle music isn't needed anymore. And don't worry, the victory fanfare is still heard once you beat a boss. Now, onto the system. In this new battle system, you can walk around, run away, hide, etc. from the enemies. The battle menu is not always open, so open it with square. The other two members of your party act automatically if the gambit is ON, but if it is OFF, they won't act automatically.

To bring direct commands to your allies (whether their gambit is ON or OFF), press the left or right directional buttons (while the party leader's menu is open) to access the other party members' menus. The party leader is the character you can walk/run with, and to change a party leader, press the up or down directional buttons. Also, the two modes of battle are back again, Active and Wait. If the mode is Active, time still flows even if you open the battle menu and are picking commands. If the mode is Wait, time freezes when you open the battle menu and are picking commands.

To flee, hold the R2 button. You will be free of the locked on target you are currently attacking. Also, when you beat the enemies, you gain EXP and LP. LP stands for License Points, which are used to earn Licenses. You need Licenses in order to equip/use equipments, abilities, etc. Also, you can only summon if your MP is full. Finally, all commands that you pick has a gauge that will have to be filled first in oder to be executed.

That's all I can say. Hope that helped.

Markus. D
03-01-2006, 10:51 AM
its not to much like the mmorpg battle system.

thats all "I" can say.

boys from the dwarf
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
the battle system seems fine anyway. seems as its ADB instead of ATB that means that you will be able to use more advanced strategys and also its still very similar to ATB, i think in some of the other FF12 threads there are more detailed explanations. but FF battle systems have always been changing and if you compare the changes to FF battle systems,this isnt as biga deal as everyones making it out to be. sqare never failed us when the made FF8 ,9 E.C.T so why does this game have so much criticism. the other FFs never got this sort of cirticism so why should FF12 get so much?