PDA

View Full Version : What´s your favourite part of FFVIII?

CStrife
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Come on, tell the world which was your favourite part when playing FFVIII????

Mine is when they´re about to kill Ultimecia, at the end of Disc 1!! All those plans made by the general (Rinoa´s father), they´re really cool!!! The only sad part is when quistis and the others are trapped in the sewers!! That part is kind of boring......

Do not double post. Use the edit/delete button to add to your last post instead. ~ Leeza

HowlingMonkey
03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Battle of the Gardens. Too cool.

X Masta
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Lunar Base-Ragnarok part

CStrife
03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
The ragnarok part? are you talking about the part when rinoa and squall are alone in the spaceship and you ear that really lame music?!? i also like the battle in the gardens.

GreenTea
03-01-2006, 01:54 PM
I like the side quests parts. The Winhill quest --- kick the chicobo --- and the Tomb of the Unknown King where you fight the Brothers and the face-off with PuPu is fun~ The FMV as they enter Esthar rocks too.

Skyblade
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM

Agreed. The Garden Wars were awesome.

~SapphireStar~
03-01-2006, 04:36 PM
The opening and the ballroom scene. FMVs are just so lush:D

Ramza Beoulve
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
The Battle of the Gardens

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-01-2006, 06:12 PM
watching Rinoa in th very far distance float through space across your screen (2 minute fantasy)

Meat Puppet
03-02-2006, 03:06 AM
When Squall gets impaled by that huge chunk of ice.

Zeromus_X
03-02-2006, 03:06 AM
There were quite a number of good scenes in ffVIII. I liked when you go to Lunatic Pandora for the first time. It's the "I bet you think this is the final dungeon, don't you? Well it's not!" dungeon in this game.

And the music there rocks :cat:

yuno
03-02-2006, 03:08 AM
ragnarok space scene.

Slayer1514
03-02-2006, 03:15 AM
the final battle because it was fun to kick the crap out of ultimicia with everyone at level 100. i also like the war between the gardens

*~Angel Wing~*
03-02-2006, 03:24 AM
The ragnarok part? are you talking about the part when rinoa and squall are alone in the spaceship and you ear that really lame music?!? i also like the battle in the gardens.

:nonono: :hot: EYES ON ME IS NOT LAME!!! :hot: :nonono:

...anyway, there have been a lot of these threads already on the FFVIII forum but oh well...I LOVE :kaolove2: quite a few scenes...:D

~The begining FMV...TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :kaohappy2

~When Seifer makes the puberty comment. :laugh:

~When the dog keeps bothering Seifer during the 1st mission. :laugh:

~The dance scene with Squall and Rinoa. :D

~When Squall tells Quistis to go talk to a wall. :laugh:

~When Selphie sings the train song. :D

~Selphie's rocket launcher outbursts. :D

~Zell, Selphie, and Squall say how Rinoa's paint job on the train car sucks. :laugh:

~The scene with the drunk guy in Timber. :laugh:

~Seifer says "I'm not a little boy." :laugh:

~When everyone is talking about Seifer, and Squall runs off yelling "I don't want people talking about me in the past tense!!!" :laugh:

~If you allow Irvine to pick his own party. (the people who did this know what I'm talking about :laugh: )

~Seifer goes into Squall's jail cell, and lifts him up and then throws him like he weighs nothing. :laugh:

~Also in the jail scene, when Seifer is like "Don't die on me now Squall...the fun is about to start..." :D

~When Rinoa flips during the concert. :laugh:

~All the space/Lunatic Pandora scenes. :D

~The whole Ragnarok scene. :kaolove:

~Squall tells Rinoa he's not her mother in the Ragnarok. :laugh:

~When Zell says his room is his sanctuary, then we finally go in and Irvine shoots Zell's gun off. :laugh: (the people who had Irvine in their party during this mission know what this is)

~When Quistis says "You're a fool." to Squall, and he says "Maybe." :laugh:

~Whenever Squall puts his hand on his hip. :D

~Whenever Zell says "What the hell." :D

~Whenever Squall says "Whatever." :D

~The end of the game...again, TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :kaolove2:

~Whenever Seifer acts gay. :D

~...and any scene with Laguna in it!!! :laugh:

Wow...that was kinda long. :D It probably would have been easier if I just said...

I LOVED THE ENTIRE GAME!!!:heart: :kaolove: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2 :heart:

CodyW
03-02-2006, 03:26 AM
Erm, I'd have to say.. trapping the sorceress in Deling City. Pure awesomeness.

Ramza Beoulve
03-02-2006, 05:07 AM

EYES ON ME IS NOT LAME!!!

I don't think he talks about Eyes on Me, he refers to "Residents", the songs that plays when you get to the Ragnarok through the Propagators

CStrife
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry, but i really think the song is lame, and i respect your opinion. I´m a "metal" man, nothing i can do about it. I like all parts of the game, but the end of disc 1 and the battle of the gardens are my favourite. The hardest part is the Omega Weapon (which i killed!!!!), but it´s very chalenging.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but i really think the song is lame, and i respect your opinion. I´m a "metal" man, nothing i can do about it. I like all parts of the game, but the end of disc 1 and the battle of the gardens are my favourite. The hardest part is the Omega Weapon (which i killed!!!!), but it´s very chalenging.
Thanks, and I respect your opinion too. :) Sorry if that post sounded kinda mean. :D It's just that I REALLY LOVE THAT SONG!!! :kaolove2: but I like metal music too!!! :kaohappy2

~SapphireStar~
03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
God I hate that song, reminds me of me and my ex. He claimed it was 'our' song *shudder*. What a loser.

Lychon
03-02-2006, 08:30 PM
God I hate that song, reminds me of me and my ex. He claimed it was 'our' song *shudder*. What a loser.

Right.......L o l

Best Part = Maybe Squall crashing the auto into the gates during the ceremony, but then again, the entire game rocked so I'll have to think about it a bit.... ...... ...... yeah...... ....... sweet....... ..........

-LYCHON

rubah
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Disc three in general, and the entire space sequence specifically.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-02-2006, 11:55 PM
L.O.L :laugh: Oh sorry...I guess that's not supposed to be funny...yeah...anyway...:D I want "Eyes On Me" to be my wedding song!!! :kaolove2:

Setzer Gabianni
03-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Fighting against the Ice Hockey players in Galbadia.

Being in Esthar.

~Setzer Gabianni

The Last Oath
03-03-2006, 07:41 AM
when squall rescues rinoa frommthe memorial, and the other 2 seed get there weapons out. THe garden war is also up there.

Neco Arc
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
When Squall gets impaled by that huge chunk of ice.

Sir Bahamut
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I liked the whole Cid vs Norg + incoming missiles sequence, and especially the period afterwards, where the Garden is just drifting along on the ocean. Perhaps not the most exciting bit per se, but I really liked the feeling that anything could happen now.

DMKA
03-03-2006, 01:27 PM
When the Galbadia garden people came on to Balamb Garden and it has that awesome war music and there's guys on motorcycles going everywhere and such...so very awesome.

CStrife
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't think he talks about Eyes on Me, he refers to "Residents", the songs that plays when you get to the Ragnarok through the Propagators Is right!!!!

Thoughtless
03-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Ragnarok when Eyes on Me starts playing :'( has got to be the first game that I shed a tear for.

... Residents annoyed the crap out of me.

muzzer
03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
The opening and the ballroom scene.

hell yeah, the opening is one of my favorites, then the ballroom comes in at a close second
:choc: :moomba:

Iceglow
03-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I really enjoyed the entire game. I think it's easy to state I loved the FMVs I mean seriously the graphics at the time were like "omfg wow!" Infact I would still say that even compared to the games released today. I think a lot of developers could learn something about creating games from Final fantasy 8, a lot still fall short of its standards in a lot of ways. As for my favourite part in the game...Gabaldia Garden and Balamb Garden battle and the ruins of Trabia Garden also the Dollet Mission ruled too (would have liked the option upon returning to Balamb of changing clothes more often for either cadet uniform or formal dress uniform). I also would have suggested an optional quest to re-build Trabia garden after all Squall becomes the Commander and Chief of SeeD and they train candidates there. but all in all a great game and one I recommend to those who dont mind a tedious magic system but fast level system. (early on in game if you wanna level up use the vysage's near timber. Quite hard at first but summon shiva a lot and its easy)

CStrife
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
The part when u are doing the cc group sub-quest is also cool. It´s hard to find the last one (quistis), but it´s still cool. Then, when u´re in the future, u have all of them on the ragnarok, wich is also cool!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
yupyup!! sosossooooo Coool!!!!

*~Angel Wing~*
03-08-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't think he talks about Eyes on Me, he refers to "Residents", the songs that plays when you get to the Ragnarok through the Propagators
Oh I appologize then CStrife. :( I don't like "Residents" either. :mad: It's one of the only songs on that soundtrack that I'm not too fond of...:eep: :kaoindif:

Cowboys From Hell
03-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Ultamicias Castle is cool.
So is anything that happened in ethsar.
The Space Mission
and the shumi village mission.
And the prission.

Jsb01
03-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Either the part when you first board the Ragnarok
Or Ultimacia's Castle.

Ashi
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I just really like Balamb Garden when it was still on ground. I wanted my middle school - high school to look just like that!

blackline77
03-10-2006, 09:43 PM
the whole game. (and the ballroom scene) and (the whole ending)

Llednar Twem
03-10-2006, 10:00 PM
The part where Zell flings crap at people(just kidding) and the part where Rinoa tells Squall she has a crush on Cid(kidding around again).