PDA

View Full Version : Another Album Battle

Brian The Pink Shark
03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Some of you may rememeber i did an album battle about a month ago between two albums

This time i want a full on competition with our members favorite albums

Please tell us your favorite album and the first 16 or so will go into the competition.

After that the albums will go head to head in a tournament, and those who have selected their favorite album will tell us why they are their favorite albums

So lets get going then, one album each guys

i'll Start us off

Pink Floyd - The Wall :choc:

Crushed Hope
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Man, I'm fucking torn right now. Pain of Salvation, Agalloch, or Diabolical Masquerade. T_T Sonofa...this is going to kill me.

Umm. Hmm. Since I typically would choose Pain of Salvation, I'm going to go with Agalloch - The Mantle for this.

EDIT: I'm changing my choice to Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element, because I can.

Captain Maxx Power
03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Pearl Jam - Ten

Jebus
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Pink Floyd - Wish you Were Here

~SapphireStar~
03-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Muse ~ Origin of Symmetry.

jrgen
03-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Therion - Secret of the Runes

Mythra
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
A Perfect Circle ~ Thirteenth Step

Doomie
03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

NeoCracker
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Gorrilaz- Demon Days

-N-
03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
J Ralph - Music to Mauzner By (www.jralph.com)

Slade
03-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Pink Floyd - 'Dark Side of the Moon' :love:

Epiphany
03-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief. It would have been OK Computer, but..Sit Down, Stand Up = <3

Cz
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I fail to see how people could be expected to judge such a wide range of musical of tastes against one another, particularly as not all of the albums listed are widely known.

Nevertheless, it should be fun, so I'd like to state the case for my favourite album, British Sea Power's The Decline of British Sea Power. A number of great albums have already been mentioned though, so there's no shame in losing.

Old Manus
03-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Um

Fatboy Slim - You've come a long way, baby

Zeldy
03-02-2006, 08:39 PM
The Rasmus - DeadLetters

I can't resist.

Lost Number
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
U2 - The Joshua tree.

Brian The Pink Shark
03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
ok we have 16 albums now, no more nominations will be taken. I will draw the album names out a hat and they will go head to head, i'll try and get that done soon, anyway thanks for your albums guys :choc:

Yamaneko
03-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Three Floyd albums? Are you sure this isn't a tad bit unfair?

Brian The Pink Shark
03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Three Floyd albums? Are you sure this isn't a tad bit unfair?

wat can i say the people like what the like

hmm i suppose it's a bit unfair

eh never mind, all three are fantastic albums anyway :choc:

Yamaneko
03-02-2006, 09:35 PM
I would've replaced The Wall with Animals or Meddle.

Brian The Pink Shark
03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
too late i guess :P :choc:

Doomie
03-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Who ever said The Joshua Tree (I forgot) has a great taste in music.

Lost Number
03-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I did. U2 ROCK!

Project G
03-03-2006, 01:33 PM
My Chemical Romance - I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love

Brian The Pink Shark
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Sorry Forbidden Romance but your too late.

Ok here is the first of the first round.

Everyone votes for 2 of the Albums in this group (1 if you only know one of them) after the voting period ends (i havent decided yet) the top 2 albums in the group will go through to the next round

So here is group 1, all have been picked out a hat at random by a third party.

1. J Ralph - Music to Mauzer By
2. Pink Floyd - The Wall
3. Muse - Origin Of Symetry
4. Therion - Secret of Runes

NOTE: Voting period has not begun yet, before you begin voting id like to invite Neel, ~SapphireStar~ and jrgen to come forward and talk about why they chose their favorite albums, i will also post why The Wall is my favorite.

Once these people have described their albums, the voting shall begin :choc:

jrgen
03-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I'd be glad to advertise this amazing album a bit.

Secret of the Runes is a concept album dealing with the topic of Norse mythology or Asatrú, both lyrically and musically. The music is really diverse and experimental. It is mainly symphonic and operatic metal with both a big orchestra and a big choir. (Pretty meager compared to the 170 musicians used on their latest release though.) It is a lot more folk influenced than usual, which is very apparent in songs like Muspelheim and Helheim (which is based on an old Scandinavian folk song). The lyrics are written in Swedish and English, except one track which is in German. The choir arrangements are some of the most impressive I've ever heard (especially on the track Secret of the Runes). The album is a perfect mix of metal, acoustic music, classical music, opera and folk music. With it also comes two great bonus tracks; A Scorpions cover and an ABBA cover.

~SapphireStar~
03-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok then :D

I chose Muse's second album, Origin of Symmetry, because Muse sounded like Muse. No Radiohead links here, they sound amazing. Matt Bellamys voice is so very angelic on this album and their version of Nina Simone's jazzy classic, Feeling Good is so smutty and sleazy that you cant help but love it! It also includes their 2 most popualr songs, Plug In Baby and New Born, which I believe put Muse on the musical map. The guitar action is stunning and you envy the talent of these 3 men because some notes sound incredibly hard to even try and perform. They make music sound dirty, sexy, powerful and weak and I still get goosebumps listening to the perfect harmony of Bliss.

Not as deep as jirgens, but I hope this helps and encourages people to listen to the album, even if they dont vote for it :D

Brian The Pink Shark
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I may as well take this time to explain why the Wall is my fave album then :D

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a modern masterpiece, written as a Rock Opera by Roger Waters this album tell's the story of Pink and his sudden decemt into maddness and the climax of his own self trial. The first disk categorises the "bricks in the Wall" and how they have affected Pink's life. The album has some great moments suck as "Comfortably Numb" and the "Another Brick in The Wall" series. The less powerful songs such as "vera" and "Bring The Boys Back Home" do little to prevent the greatness of the album. All in all The Wall is a fantastic album filled with emotion and great music, that is why it is my favorite album :D

As soon as Neel posts his review then voting will begin, and will last for one day from the moment he posts. Post your two choices from this group in this thread. :choc:

NeoCracker
03-06-2006, 02:07 AM
I'll only be voting for pink floyd-the wall. Havn't heard the others

escobert
03-06-2006, 02:30 AM
I may as well take this time to explain why the Wall is my fave album then :D

Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a modern masterpiece, written as a Rock Opera by Roger Waters this album tell's the story of Pink and his sudden decemt into maddness and the climax of his own self trial. The first disk categorises the "bricks in the Wall" and how they have affected Pink's life. The album has some great moments suck as "Comfortably Numb" and the "Another Brick in The Wall" series. The less powerful songs such as "vera" and "Bring The Boys Back Home" do little to prevent the greatness of the album. All in all The Wall is a fantastic album filled with emotion and great music, that is why it is my favorite album :D

As soon as Neel posts his review then voting will begin, and will last for one day from the moment he posts. Post your two choices from this group in this thread. :choc:

Vera is one of my favorite songs on The Wall :p

Slade
03-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Vera is one of my favorite songs on The Wall :p
It was pretty awsome, 'Bring the Boys Back Home' I found pretty awsome too. It was a great way to lead on to 'Comfortably Numb'.

Avathar
04-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Two best records ever:

Wish You Were Here

and

Dark Side Of The Moon

:love: