PDA

View Full Version : best lead male.

Michael Belmont
03-02-2006, 12:49 AM
I've seen a poll for main charaters and dosen't have enough and huh it's supose to involve lead males you can't have Terra include. Is Zidane wanting her all of the sudden? Well here's my poll and there all male.

XxSephirothxX
03-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Zidane, definitely. ;)

Slade
03-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Zidane. But Squall comes close.

DJZen
03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Heidegger

CStrife
03-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Come on, Cloud is much better than Squall!!:)

Gilthanes
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Warrior/Knight.

Swordchucks, nuff said

DMKA
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Heidegger
HE WASN'T A MALE LEAD REGUARDLESS OF HOW SEXY HE MAY BE.

I'd have to go with Zidane. I really liked his character, far more than any of the other male leads, even if FFIX isn't my favorite, or even in my top five.

DJZen
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM

He was so. The plotline of FFVII TOTALLY revolved around him. The other characters were mere accessories to the story, which has been stated by Square was simply a vehicle to show just how amazing he is.

IGN: So, what many American fans want to know is how Cloud was chosen as the lead character.

Kitase: That's a pretty common misconception.

Nomura: Yeah, we hear that one all the time (he rolled his eyes here). I originally designed Cloud as a hidden joke. His sword is too big for anyone to wield. Why don't more people understand why this is funny?

IGN: So you're saying Cloud wasn't the main character?

Nomura: Exactly. We simply decided that making him a secret character would mean not everyone would discover him, so not everyone would get to see the joke.

Kitase: The boring characters (referring to Vincent and Yuffie) were chosen to be secret so you wouldn't have to suffer through their dialogue if you didn't want to, while Cloud was kept as a standard character.

IGN: So if Cloud isn't the central character, who is?

Nomura: Heidegger.

Kitase: Heidegger.

IGN: Oh! Wow, I can't believe that didn't occur to me sooner!

Kitase: Well, this is why we keep not releasing all our cool games in your country. You guys just suck like that.

And there you have it, folks. If IGN says it, it MUST be true.

Medi
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
I must say Locke, or Cecil. All of the main dudes afterwards were such pussies, except Zidane, he was awesome.

Crossblades
03-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Cecil. Relinquished the evil by turning into a Paladin

~SapphireStar~
03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Squall cause he was the first RPG and FF hero I encountered and he was the first pixel character I developed a crush on and oh how I regret it.

Dreddz
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Zidane Or Bartz, dunno why I said that, its definately Bartz.....

Captain Maxx Power
03-10-2006, 12:15 AM
For the record Tidus' second name is actually Jecht, since his dad legally changed his own name to Jecht Jecht to double his awesomeness.

NeoCracker
03-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Am I the only one who finds it odd its currently a tie for Zidane and Squall? The Ladies man and the Angsty Emo?

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Squall is the best.

Twilight Edge
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Squall.Forever.Full stop.(Although Zidane was trailing by a second behind...)

The Last Oath
03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Squall of course, whenever there was a SeeD mission everyone always looked up at Squall, Squall was the gardens leader and everyone there looked up to him to.

Meat Puppet
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Firion, whoever that is.

Leucant
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Clearly Cecil. How many people have the strength and skill to be a Dark Knight and a Pally...in the same game. Squall and Cloud were too busy being emo to wield that kind of power.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Squall is the best.

:kaocheer: :kaohappy2 SQUALL!!! :kaohappy2 :kaocheer:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Squall

Tavrobel
03-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Everyone knows that orphans are pwnage. Especially if they are named after a vegetable that makes you cry.

Zidane for real, however...

ehsteve
03-22-2006, 01:57 AM
I would argue that FFVI doesn't even have a main character, much less a male lead. However, my vote went to Locke, with Tidus in a close second.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Heidegger
lol

For me its Zidane.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-23-2006, 03:45 AM

He was so. The plotline of FFVII TOTALLY revolved around him. The other characters were mere accessories to the story, which has been stated by Square was simply a vehicle to show just how amazing he is.

IGN: So, what many American fans want to know is how Cloud was chosen as the lead character.

Kitase: That's a pretty common misconception.

Nomura: Yeah, we hear that one all the time (he rolled his eyes here). I originally designed Cloud as a hidden joke. His sword is too big for anyone to wield. Why don't more people understand why this is funny?

IGN: So you're saying Cloud wasn't the main character?

Nomura: Exactly. We simply decided that making him a secret character would mean not everyone would discover him, so not everyone would get to see the joke.

Kitase: The boring characters (referring to Vincent and Yuffie) were chosen to be secret so you wouldn't have to suffer through their dialogue if you didn't want to, while Cloud was kept as a standard character.

IGN: So if Cloud isn't the central character, who is?

Nomura: Heidegger.

Kitase: Heidegger.

IGN: Oh! Wow, I can't believe that didn't occur to me sooner!

Kitase: Well, this is why we keep not releasing all our cool games in your country. You guys just suck like that.

And there you have it, folks. If IGN says it, it MUST be true.

lolz again

Shiny
03-23-2006, 04:08 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Zidane. At this moment I really don't know why.

Reles
03-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Zidane, totally.

cloud_doll
03-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Am I the only one who finds it odd its currently a tie for Zidane and Squall? The Ladies man and the Angsty Emo?

I think people need to read this one more time.

Cloud is the best, he was my first pixel crush, he was mysterious, and a good leader in my eyes. (even had TWO chicks after him, beat that)

Evastio
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Cecil was the best lead male. He went against Baron, his own hometown to stand up for what's right. He also helped change a lot of people. (He taught Edward courage, he taught Edge teamwork, he taught Yang trust, he taught Rydia forgiveness, he taught Golbez mercy)

Bowser
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Cecil.

feioncastor
03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Mine goes for Cecil. While I definitely like 6 more than 4, I do like Cecil more than Locke.

Avathar
04-09-2006, 06:04 PM
1.Zidane Tribal
2.Squall Leonhart
3.Cloud Strife
4.Cecil Harvey
5.Locke Cole
6.Bartz Klanser
7.Main Orphan
8. Firion
9.Tidus
10.Warrior/Knight

^_^

Lychon
04-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Squall. Dear God, Squall all the way; Why is this even a question? lol

-LYCHON

Alex151
04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
My vote goes for Cloud, I thought that he was a perfect lead character, I've only played 7-10 though so I don't know all of the otehr characters before, but I'd probably still go with cloud

Darth Cid
04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Zidane: Zidane.

DudeSon2004
04-13-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Cloud as a leader, but Squall knows how to lead his team.

Nick Schovitz
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Just look at my sig for the answer.

six underground
04-18-2006, 04:45 AM
I like Cloud the best and voted him, he was real and unreal, but I'd have to say Zidane makes the ideal leader. Squall also did his job really well. :)

But if Ramza was in the list, I'd definitely pick him. :choc:

zbonks
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
you and me both ~SapphireStar~! but i voted for cloud because i felt more of a connection with him lol but squall is a hair behind

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Since Ramza's not in this poll and I'm too lazy to add him, I pick Zidane because Zidane's a pimp.

Darth Cid
04-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Zidane: Zidane is not a pimp. Bartz is.

marc
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I think people need to read this one more time.

Cloud is the best, he was my first pixel crush, he was mysterious, and a good leader in my eyes. (even had TWO chicks after him, beat that)

how about one of them died and the other one was boring.

Darth Cid
04-18-2006, 10:43 PM
how about one of them died and the other one was boring.

Zidane: Good one!

Michael Belmont
05-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Since Ramza's not in this poll and I'm too lazy to add him, I pick Zidane because Zidane's a pimp.

What is it with you and Ramza? I never played tactics.

LunarWeaver
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Where's my I love Tidus sign? Wait.. :banme No that isn't right... Is it here? .. :ty: ... Nah. Oh I'll just have to make one

~Hey everybody have you seen my Tidus he's tan and sunny and keeewll.. if you ever need quick, pick me up...I'd better not finish this~

DarkLadyNyara
05-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Zidane's got a tail. 'nuff said. :D Also, he's related to Kuja. :cool:

Slothy
05-14-2006, 03:53 AM
I find it hard to choose. On the one hand I like Zidane's personality. He was a fun likeable character, and a bit of a refreshing change from the introverted angsty guys we were stuck with in the prior two FF's. On the other hand, I really like Tidus as a character because he's one of the most believabley developed characters I've seen, and by the end of the game I thought he really managed to make the transition from kind of whiny sports star to respectable hero type rather flawlessly. Eh what the hell, I'll give it to Tidus.

Acid Raine
05-14-2006, 04:22 AM
Psh, Cecil definitely. Butz has no personality, Locke was cool (not as cool as Cecil, tho), Cloud was an asshole (for no reason. Its not like he remembered what he had gone through), Squall was worse than Cloud (even MORE an asshole for even less reason), Zidane was kind of dumb (he also looked like a gelfling), and Tidus was that actress from that one movie where she faked an orgasm....

Oh yeah, and Vaan is a member of the species I like to call "uber-bish

Dell
05-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Vaan and Sora is not here...

Cloud make a best fighter as a lead
While...
Zidane make a good leader

I choose Zidane,
BTW, Where is VIVI!!!?

Ya Boy Alex
05-14-2006, 09:16 AM
He isnt a lead male.
I thinks Cloud.

solidusoul
05-14-2006, 12:49 PM
I picked Cecil (best leader type and I give him credit for defying his own King who raised him because it was the right thing to do), but......

But if Ramza was in the list, I'd definitely pick him.

Totally, I'd say Ramza was my favorite because I relate to him so much.

Fantasy Fan
05-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I like Cloud as a leader, but Squall knows how to lead his team.
Yeah, not like Zidane. :rolleyes2

as for me I voted for Zidane, but come on. Don't you people know anything?

1. Zidane
2. Locke
3. Bartz
4. Cecil
5. Cloud
6. Squall
7. Warrior/Knight
8. Firion
9. Main Orphan
10. Tidus

Tidus was a 12 year old boy.

Darth Cid
05-15-2006, 05:18 AM

Zidane: I cried aloud with mirth and merriment, that's so true. Zidane acts like a leader and he keeps everyone sane.

Ya Boy Alex
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Zidane: I cried aloud with mirth and merriment, that's so true. Zidane acts like a leader and he keeps everyone sane.
I guess....

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-15-2006, 03:05 PM

What is it with you and Ramza? I never played tactics.

Ramza is the epitome of a noble hero. He fights against the machinations of his brothers and his former best friend, all the while trying to protect people. In a time of war he is the only real clear head in the entire incident, while everybody else is making a grab for power. he also uncovers the plots to use ancient magic to grant demonic power, and rids the world of each and every "zodiac brave" before they can cause too much problems. He doesn't fight for a reward, indeed he is forgotten by history entirely. He fights because he doesn't want people to suffer, and because he knows that it is the right thing to do.

Fantasy Fan
05-15-2006, 08:55 PM

because he's good and funny. And you can't beat funny.

how come Bartz and Locke so low? They're the best! (Apart from Zidane ofcourse)

I think you have been asked before not to post more than once in a row. Please use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your post. ~ Leeza