PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina: 6 months later

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2006, 01:40 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9521284/

It's now been 6 months since Hurricane Katrina. The terrible destruction that she caused is undeniable. Six months later, Mardi Gras is back, but it's still not the same. On August 29th, 2005, the Gulf Coast was changed... FOREVER. Now, her victims are now rebuilding their lives, which will never be the same again. Will they be able to eventually fully recover? Or will they be so hard-hit that they will get depression and die? It's a truly terrible tragedy, to be dwarfed only by the asain tsunami, less than a year before Katrina. We can only hope that they will recover...

Fonzie
03-02-2006, 02:34 AM
I was hit by it but my lives the same. The press always blow things out of poportion.

Miriel
03-02-2006, 02:41 AM
I was hit by it but my lives the same. The press always blow things out of poportion.
Well you are very lucky.

I don't think the press blew the disaster out of proportion. They may have blown other things out of proportion (GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE!) but no matter how many hours were dedicated to covering the disaster, it's not like they could ever accurately portray exactly how many thousands of lives were devestated by the hurricane. To say that Hurricane Katrina was blown out of proportion seems incredibly insensitive to me.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-02-2006, 02:42 AM
So the displacement of thousands of families, causing them to move states away is "blown out of proportion?"

Fonzie
03-02-2006, 02:54 AM
They most damaged place is where the levis were broken or if you lived close by a lake or the ocean. Other then that is only wind damage. I was scared when the hurricane hit i didn't think i'd have a home, but when i saw my house it was fine except for slight roof damage. After 3 weeks my city was about 80% fixed.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-02-2006, 03:02 AM
And your city reflects every area devistated by the storm, then?
And what city IS that, by the way?