PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow cancelled?

KentaRawr!
03-02-2006, 03:38 AM
A week or so ago, I went to get a DS game. I was stuck between Mario Kart DS and Castlevania DS. The store was closing in 3 minutes, and I had to choose quick. I noticed that I couldn't find Castlevania. I decided to ask the person at the counter if they have it. He said "Nah, it was cancelled. One time shipment." I didn't really believe him, considering he said Metroid Prime 3 was cancelled due to horrible sales. I got Mario Kart and was on my way. After unlocking every single character/kart in MK (:)) I wondered: Was Castlevania REALLY cancelled? I still don't believe him, but I am just making sure.

So, was Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow cancelled? o_O Would really stink if it was.

Edit: Thanks in advance. n_n

Yamaneko
03-02-2006, 03:39 AM
No. This guy obviously didn't know what he was talking about. It's one of the best selling DS games.

edczxcvbnm
03-02-2006, 02:50 PM
How the hell do you cancel something that has already been released? I think this person injected crack straight into his brain!

KentaRawr!
03-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Alrighty then. Thanks for the info on that. n_n I'm glad he was wrong. I would hate Konami if he was right. >_> I would go into their company and equip the skeleton soul. Then I would wack them all with skeleton bones. Afterwards, I would summon bahamut and vaporize them all.

Thank goodness the guy was wrong. :)

Maxico
03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
How the hell do you cancel something that has already been released? I think this person injected crack straight into his brain!

By not manufacturing more I presume. I think discontinued would be a better choice of words.

Erdrick Holmes
03-02-2006, 07:02 PM
That reminds me. Why did they discontinue Ace Attorney for the DS?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
u coulda jus looked it up urself?

omnitarian
03-02-2006, 10:50 PM
That reminds me. Why did they discontinue Ace Attorney for the DS?

They didn't. Phoenix Wright had a very limited run because Capcom didn't expect it to sell well. Demand exceeded supply, and they ran out of copies. Look for Phoenix back on the shelves in May (or March... one of those two).

KentaRawr!
03-02-2006, 11:11 PM
u coulda jus looked it up urself?

True, but I expected to get a reply from Kishi. No better source of info than he! :)

Carmilla
03-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Castlevania's production run might of been cancelled as the above poster stated.

All 3 Gameboy Castlevania (Circle of Moon, Harmony Dissonance, Aria Sorrow) had very short production runs which led to high prices on ebay. Im assuming the DS title suffered through the same thing.

Jebus
03-03-2006, 01:21 AM
They didn't. Phoenix Wright had a very limited run because Capcom didn't expect it to sell well. Demand exceeded supply, and they ran out of copies. Look for Phoenix back on the shelves in May (or March... one of those two).

@!%#@^%

I wish I knew this before I bought a copy for $77 online. >_<

KentaRawr!
03-03-2006, 10:01 PM
@!%#@^%

I wish I knew this before I bought a copy for $77 online. >_<

At least I have 77 more $ than I did before. :cool:

chrs229
03-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I have heard Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow before but never knew it was for DS cause I only own a GBA SP:( :( :( in the handheld section. but I do own Circle of the Moon (bought it like a week ago) and Lament of Innosence (sorry if I spelled the title wrong)

KentaRawr!
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I have heard Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow before but never knew it was for DS cause I only own a GBA SP:( :( :( in the handheld section. but I do own Circle of the Moon (bought it like a week ago) and Lament of Innosence (sorry if I spelled the title wrong)

It's considered one of the best DS games so far. o.o Since you only have a GBA SP, you could get Aria of Sorrow. Dawn of Sorrow is the sequel to Aria of Sorrow. :cool:

Vincent Valentine
03-10-2006, 05:22 AM
"Nah, it was cancelled. One time shipment."
Based on his phrasing, I'm assuming what he meant is that they cancelled production of any more copies of the games, meaning that the first shipment will probably be the only one.

Which probably means it's going to pack a few pennies on the sales market in a few years... *proudly holds up his copy that he bought for only €30 from a friend* :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2006, 02:29 PM
The fact that Konami has released a "Castlevania Double Pack" for GBA in response to the demand for Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow following their limited original runs hopefully indicates that they'll be more liberal with Castlevania production in the future.