PDA

View Full Version : thread closers

Blank
03-02-2006, 04:03 AM
you guys are such douche bags. i've complained about this before, but this time it just didn't make sense.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1556384#post1556384

people willingly responded to the slightly old thread, it was perfectly usable. tell me why it is better for the world to make thousands of fcuking threads that just build up rather than letting people talk to eachother in one that just happens to be aged. if you don't have a good reason then i'll keep getting pissed off and complaining about it.

you're leaving it to the people not to "revive old threads" and you shut them down when they're in the middle of a conversation. why don't you take it into your own hands and end a thread as soon as you think other people finished what they're saying?

closing the thread in the middle of an on-going conversation like that is no different than ending it after each individual post. again, i need a good reason as to why you folks insist on making more and more and more threads that exist in the internet uselessly since you can't post on them anymore without a slap on the wrist from you pricks.

P.S. better get back to me while it's fresh or somebody will close it! (=

Yamaneko
03-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Because those are the rules.

Don't call people "douche bags", especially if they're staff members, ever again. Don't make another one of these threads. Get a better attitude. This is a warning.

rubah
03-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Why would any sane person go through the obscene amount of effort of finding every old thread they can find to post in?

The 'middle of the conversation' you mentioned often has the conversants (from half a year, two years, or MORE) just gone. Any point they were trying to make is gone with them, and it makes more sense to start over.

'Hey Riley, remember six months ago when we were arguing about the price of rice in China? Well I finally thought up a retort, let's start going at it again!'

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Two months is pretty ridiculous, though.