PDA

View Full Version : whos better tidus or zidane?

tidus123456789
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
i need everyone to vote for whos the greatest character out of these two i would preferably vote for tidus since he doesnt look like micheal jackson unlike zidane who for some odd reason hes getting snogged by garnet :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

~SapphireStar~
03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Zidane looks like Michael Jackson? Your out of your tree mate. Neither of them, Squall and Cloud would kick both their arses.

mooglebunni608
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
zidane. but yeah, Squall and cloud are way better :P

yuno
03-02-2006, 04:49 PM
zidane.many times over.

MAS82587
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
tidus

Quindiana Jones
03-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Squall's better??? He's more of a lady-man than Zidane! Cloud on the other hand, though very girly also, would kick even Zidane's mighty ass. And you'd be hard put to find someone who couldn't kill Tidus with a well-placed kick, therefore Zidane owns Tidus and Squall, making the overall winner Cloud. Even though he has a cute and fluffy name...the fool.

So yes. I vote Zidane, though shouldn't you have made this an actual poll?

~SapphireStar~
03-03-2006, 01:12 AM
How the hell is Cloud girly?

Ace14
03-03-2006, 01:49 AM
How the hell is Cloud girly?
He wears purple and I vote zidane.

Slade
03-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Zidane beats Tidus in every single way. Especially in voice acting.

Xaven
03-03-2006, 06:03 AM
Considering this is in the FFIX forum, I can almost guarantee Zidane will win your poll by far. Similarly, if this thread was in the FFX forum, Tidus would be racking the votes in.

People generally stick around and post in the forums dedicated to the FF games that they like, so you're gonna get a really biased answer here.

xtreme112
03-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Cloud is not girly, guys wear pink all the time and that's seen as "fashion"
Squall is a wuss
Laguna Kicks everyone's arse!

boys from the dwarf
03-03-2006, 07:42 AM
He wears purple and I vote zidane.
purples cool. i vote zidane.

Gh["]sT
03-03-2006, 10:45 AM
zidane by miles think about it did tidus have a tail no was tidus a babe magnet noooooooooooo and was tidus totally cool noooooooooo so easy win to zidane :D :D :D :D :shoot:

:choc2: :p i am the one and only:greenie: :choc2:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
I prefer Tidus, but I wouldn't be so superficial as to base my opinion on how the character looks :\

Gh["]sT
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
yea but he is the funnyiest aswell :D

HowlingMonkey
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM

Do guys also wear wigs and shimmering dresses?

Gh["]sT
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
yo pirate man i wanna be a pirate to can i plz :D :D :D and how do ye get a pic on de sig xD:D :D

Dell
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
zidane and tidus both doesn't deserves the token of appreciating. Squall and Cloud would make a better one.
my rate:
1. Cloud - he's a good character with a good stat, cool and superb
2. Squall - he share the same opinion as Cloud, I just don't like him to be serious
3. Tidus - big crybaby - auron or wakka should be the leader
4. Zidane - jiggle monkey - amarant or freya are more compatible on leading job

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I prefer Tidus, but I wouldn't be so superficial as to base my opinion on how the character looks :\

All very well, but the fact that Tidus has no personality or real story to him makes Zidane better in not just looks.

I've already given my vote, so I'm just gonna insult Tidus some more: He's a girl. Though there's nothing wrong with ACTUALLY being a girl, for a guy to be a girl is something to be laughed at. Unless for medical reasons ;)

Leeza
03-03-2006, 08:35 PM
cloud vivi: Please stay on topic and if you need signature help, ask for it in the Help Forum.

Dreddz
03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Zidane
But Butz is easily the better than the two....

trojiin
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Zidane was ok, but he was nothing compared to Cloud of Squall, however, i hated Tidus, 10 was the only FF i stopped playing because i hated the cast so bad....and the story, and the levelling up system. Auron was a bad, nice version of Sephiroth, Kimahri was a big crap blue version of Red XIII, Tidus was just a gay version of Cloud, im getting angry just thinking about 10.

Zidane all the way, die Tidus die!

Crossblades
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Zidane hands down

Hikoshi
03-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Those who say other people should have been party leaders instead of the ones who were selected by Squenix are missing a vital point. For example, in Final Fantasy X, the story revolves around Tidus and his protection of Yuna. It's about how he gets dragged from his world, into somewhere completely different, then falling in love, before the story whichs over to how to defeat sin once and for all.

As for this topic, I vote for Zidane. I just seemed to like the character more. He was funny, and perverted. Brilliance.

I won't go onto Squall and Cloud, as they aren't actually suppose to be involved in this thread at all.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2006, 06:12 PM
You've got a good point Hiko, Tidus' character did have a good(ish) plot behind him, but it didn't flow like the other plots. FF9 seems to manage everyone's plot wonderfully, with fluency and does it perfectly. A work of beauty.

*cough Zidane's better than Squall cough*

Vivisteiner
03-04-2006, 07:34 PM
You've got a good point
*cough Zidane's better than Squall cough*
*cough agree cough*

Setzer Gabianni
03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
At least Zidane wasn't such an Overrated character. Zidane was much better, and more loveable.

~Setzer Gabianni

TheBrent
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Ya, I'd have to say Zidane is better than Squall, but Tidus is better than them both.

Ace14
03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't see why everyone likes Cloud so much he's just a guy with blonde spikey hair and a big sword, I bet everyone would love Tidus or Zidane just as much as Cloud if they had spikey hair and a huge sword.:D

Crossblades
03-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't see why everyone likes Cloud so much he's just a guy with blonde spikey hair and a big sword, I bet everyone would love Tidus or Zidane just as much as Cloud if they had spikey hair and a huge sword.:D

Quoted for truth

NeoCracker
03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
I can't help but think this belongs ing General FF. But Zidane, best FF main lead ever.

K-chan
03-05-2006, 03:33 AM
Zidane because he was a horrible flirt and a skirt-chaser. ^^ IMO, Tidus was a pansy.
: D

Garnet_Girl
03-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Zidane by far. C'mon, he's got a TAIL! How can you beat a tail? Besides, he actually TRIES to be Garnet's girlfriend, whereas Tidus and Yuna just jump in a lake and start kissing. No flirting or anything before. How is that not wierd?

Gh["]sT
03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
gud gud every1 argees with me and tails rule and why does this chat belong on genral can i ask:D

Quindiana Jones
03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I love Zidane's cocky confidence with women. Reminds me of me...;)

Garnet_Girl
03-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Well, I probably like Zidane because FF9 pwns FF10, simply because it was way to linear. And then they tried to correct to problem in FF10-2, which was to free-flowing. Besides, FF9 has GREAT voice acting ;) Much better than FF10. And a better plot, better characters, better leveling system (god that sphere grid was EVIL). And better summons.

Quindiana Jones
03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Well. That finishes this. Zidane owns Tidus. As believed by most on this FF9 FORUM.

Freya Crescent rulesyoass
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
He wears purple and I vote zidane.\
:mog: :moomba: :choc: :choc2:
Cloud is not Girly,the term that your searching for is Bishonen,same as Sephiroth,hell Sephiroth and Cloud started the Bishonen trend.Albel Nox is Bishonen as well,and he is a total Badass.I am gonna go with Zidane as being better,Tifa could kick all there asses though.

Kevino
03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Like many have said, Cloud and Squall are the best, but I have to say between Tidus and Zidane the Z-man gets my vote. I mean he's just more... well cooler then Tidus. In FFX, Tidus just looks like a lost boy the entire time. Plus, Zidane is cooler and has better attributes. :quina:

Gh["]sT
03-07-2006, 11:24 PM
yea plus his trance attacks are brilltant:D

Sing the Sorrow
03-09-2006, 03:24 AM
I would have to go with Zidane

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 01:47 PM
c nearly everyone says that zidane is the best plus everyone we need to talk more this post will be closed:mad2:
so get talking:D

Mirage
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Yay, a fanboy/girl thread.
I'll play along.
OMG TYDASE WUD BEAT THEM ALL because hes COOL.

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 02:38 PM
wtf r u going on about:confused:

Mirage
03-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I was just doing my best to fit in with you guys... :(

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
sorri xD well just choose who is better tidus or zidane :D kk

Mirage
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
I already did choose Tidus, just because he isn't a womanizer like Zidane.

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 03:05 PM
O rite i got :confused: before i thought u were bleding them together or sumat that was all xD hehe im so lame xD:D sorri

Dell
03-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Tidus Overdrive is a lot more powerful than Zidane Trance
BlitzAce vs Grand Lethal
who deal the most damage? BLITZACE!!!
BUT OMNISLASH AND LIONHEART CAN DO BETTER DAMAGE IF THEY CAN SURPASS 9999 LIMIT. still like my vote before:

1. CLOUD
2. SQUALL
3. TIDUS
4. ZIDANE

Quindiana Jones
03-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Out of them 4 I'm:

1. Zidane/Cloud
2.neither.
3.neither
999999999999999999999999999999999999991. Tidus/Squall

Mirage
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Tidus Overdrive is a lot more powerful than Zidane Trance
BlitzAce vs Grand Lethal
who deal the most damage? BLITZACE!!!
BUT OMNISLASH AND LIONHEART CAN DO BETTER DAMAGE IF THEY CAN SURPASS 9999 LIMIT. still like my vote before:

1. CLOUD
2. SQUALL
3. TIDUS
4. ZIDANE

Comparing damage outputs from several different systems is just plain stupid.

Zolmation
03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I vote for Zidane he is pretty kool, in ffx tidus clueless through almost the entire game...tho it is a good way to learn stuff about the game....

Trumpet Thief
03-18-2006, 08:41 PM
chaos: Zidane. He's a break from all those "I'm annoying and cool" main characters (FFX) and all those "I'm scrawny, but I've got a big sword and I hate everything blah!" main characters (FFVII, FFVIII). He's just a carefree dude who wants people to be happy. :)

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Trowa: Goddamn, you're comparing their strength using the numbers of their special overdrives? FFIX's enemies don't have as much HP as those of FFX, FFVII, and FFVIII, so it's not really a fair comparison. Besides, it's all just numbers in the end. And out of characters, I prefer Zidane because of his attitude.

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Tidus just complained and whined about zanarkand
Zidane thought up plans and ruled!
my vote goes to Zidane

Ace14
03-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Did anyone even vote Tidus?

Avathar
03-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Impression of

Zidane: "Eyy, baby!" (Zidane = The Fonz:D )

Tidus: ".......Hey, what's going on??" :eep: ignorant boy

Quindiana Jones
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
pleblebl.
Zidane = Inifinitely better than Tidus
Tidus = Infinitely better than George W. Bush, infinitely worse than Zidane
George W. Bush = Infinitely worse than every other human on the planet (so what's infinite multiplied by 6 billion? Plus 2 times infinite...)

Darth Cid
03-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Zidane: *assumes a Randy Orton pose*

just because he isn't a womanizer like Zidane

Zidane: Zidane isn't a womanizer, he's a teenage male that's how a teenage male acts, always trying hopeless to get a date?

Quindiana Jones
03-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Actually, Zidane kicks ass at getting girls to fancy him. "I'm popular with ALL the ladies in Lindblum." I think that's evidence of his achievements.

He barely even tries for the barmaid in Blummy, or for the girl at Esto Gaza. Easy peasy for him. So yeah...he is a bit of a womanizer really.

YTDN
03-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Zidane.

Heero Yuy NWZC
03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
ZIdane, hands down. Tidus doesn't stand a chance against a genome with a prehensile monkey tail. ZIDANE PWNS!!!:exdee::exdee::exdee:

Rengori
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Squall is a wuss
Laguna Kicks everyone's arse!
Too bad Squall and Lagauna share levels and stats.

And Zidane is total ownage over Tidus.

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
And Zidane is total ownage over Tidus.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
03-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Zidane is much more better... I mean, at least he doesn't complain and whine... at least he knows when to joke and when to be serious... Zidane is much more a better option... ^^

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Zidane: Nicely said emerald, couldn't have said it better myself. *assumes Randy Orton pose*

marc
04-04-2006, 02:32 PM
zidane looks better.
talks better.
and would win in a fight.

???
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
tidus is the best his overdives are ledgend

Darth Cid
04-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Zidane: Overdrives and Limit Breaks make FFs too easy,so to hell with them, Zidane is better than Tidus, he shows better personality, he acts his gender, his choice of weapon, the double lance, c'mon, I've never heard Darth Maul get dissed for his double light saber, so should Zidane get dissed for his double lance?

Lindblumbesaid
04-16-2006, 12:25 PM
:moomba: ehmm
Zidane is cool and Tidus...but I prefer Zidane:yellowkin
The reason is that Zidane show more his abilitys in battles and you see him when he's showing he's feelings to Garnet:lovers:

Avathar
04-16-2006, 12:35 PM
pleblebl.
Zidane = Inifinitely better than Tidus
Tidus = Infinitely better than George W. Bush, infinitely worse than Zidane
George W. Bush = Infinitely worse than every other human on the planet (so what's infinite multiplied by 6 billion? Plus 2 times infinite...)

-although i can think of a lot of people who are/were worse than Bush jr.- Zidane is the best male lead of all Final Fantasies. ^^Tidus is no match for him.

Darth Cid
04-16-2006, 01:04 PM
-although i can think of a lot of people who are/were worse than Bush jr.- Zidane is the best male lead of all Final Fantasies. ^^Tidus is no match for him.

Zidane: Agreed.

Zeropathic
04-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Tidus dies...
And Zidane comes back after you think he dies...
And the end of FF9 made me cry... (seriously)
:'( Zidane has more emotional qualites (well for me at least)

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Aw thats twee. I never got into FFX, so never knew Tidus died. Poor guy. Ah well, Zidane's many many times better :D

Darth Cid
04-17-2006, 04:25 AM
And the end of FF9 made me cry... (seriously)

Zidane: Me too...I wish Garnie wasn't at work...I need a hug. :cry:

Actually, Zidane kicks ass at getting girls to fancy him. "I'm popular with ALL the ladies in Lindblum." I think that's evidence of his achievements.

He barely even tries for the barmaid in Blummy, or for the girl at Esto Gaza. Easy peasy for him. So yeah...he is a bit of a womanizer really.

Zidane: Did you see the Lowell sub-event? No girl actually acknowledged him, he was all-talk no-walk. He's also a throwback to Irvine because while Zidane claims to be a ladies' man, you never see him in past sequences with one. I don't recall Zidane hitting on a girl at Esto Gaza, and I've played several times, unless it's on an ATE, I usually don't see it, if you're talking about that NPC conversation where you have a choice, that is optional deeming it void, besides which, it's a joke being played on the boyfriend NPC. The barmaid...I'm admit he almost had a date there, but remember, that's before Z&G become a couple, and he's got Blank, Cinna, Marcus and(in the barmaid's case) Freya to mess his date attempts. If you have counterarguements, try me, but Zidane was a failed ladies' man, it was either an almost reel-in or a drink poured in the lap.

Zeromus_X
04-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Genomes from other planets totally pwn Meg Ryan. :cat:

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Zidane is a ladies' man. He could just never stay in one place for too long. If he lived in Lindblum forever he'd pull loads o' ladies I'll bet. But he moves around alot, so doesn't get the chance to follow through on his words. I still reckon he's a successful ladies' man, just without the time to stay in one place :D

Darth Cid
04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Zidane: If you're saying, it's the fact that he doesn't stay in one place that makes him a failed ladies' man, I'd have to agree. I don't see it happening though, if he's so successful with the women as he states, all the females in every city would be saying "Woohoo, Zidane's back!" instead of "Who are you?" in the Lindblum Theater District scene introducing, if he was SO successful, he would have stole all attention away from Lowell, but again the women are like "Who are you?" and went back to worshipping Lowell.

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Ah yes, Lowell. That hardly counts seeing as he's a famous actor. I'm not saying Zidane was the best thing that ever happened to women, I'm just saying that he was pretty successful. I reckon if Lowell wasn't there, and he just met those girls in a pub or summat, then he'd get them (not the right way to put it, but you know what I mean :D)

Twilight Edge
04-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Zidane.See the lethalness of Grand Lethal compared to the coolness of Blitz Ace.

Darth Cid
04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Ah yes, Lowell. That hardly counts seeing as he's a famous actor. I'm not saying Zidane was the best thing that ever happened to women, I'm just saying that he was pretty successful. I reckon if Lowell wasn't there, and he just met those girls in a pub or summat, then he'd get them (not the right way to put it, but you know what I mean :D)

Zidane: But Zidane claims to be famous with women, if in the case this was true, Zidane would still overshadow Lowell regardless of whether or not the women know him, but he doesn't. Zidane is a throwback to Edgar and Irvine, both have one common thing in common, they claim to be successful and famous with girls when in actually, they're not, because you see never Edgar with a girl expect if Relm is trying to hit on him. You never see Irvine, expect Selphie but then that doesn't account him as a ladies' man because him and Selphie were trying to go steady by then. Finally Zidane is never seen with a girl in his arms until Garnet in Disc 3 which doesn't account him as a ladies' man because they're steady.

Quindiana Jones
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Imagine you're a young lass. You're getting your possibly once in a lifetime chance to see the famous actor of your dreams. If some bloke comes up and goes "uh, what's going on?" you're just gonna ignore him and tell him to go away. By ignore I mean not look at. But I see your point. Though, from the start of the game, he's infatuated with Garnet, so he may be less successful during the game ;).

Darth Cid
04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Zidane: I still counterargue that is he was like Edgar and Irvine, not successful at all period, but trys to brag that he is, but I refrain from the arguement with the understanding that you're understanding where I'm coming from

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah. I see your point, and it makes sense. FF9 is a kind of tribute to all the other FF's (a nd a few other Square games...) so that would work. But I still, and always will, think that he would've been a ladies' man, were he not in love with Garnet.

Darth Cid
04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah. I see your point, and it makes sense. FF9 is a kind of tribute to all the other FF's (a nd a few other Square games...) so that would work. But I still, and always will, think that he would've been a ladies' man, were he not in love with Garnet.

Zidane: We have a winner!

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 03:13 AM
I also think that Square tried making a fresh, new type of main character, even in tribute game: a ladies man, optimistic, thief type of character, rather than a loner, character with a dark past, warrior type of character. Of course, I suppose they tried to continue the 'cheerful main character' into FFX.

In other words, happy, not emo. :P

Of course, the reason why Tidus is so annoying is his english voice actor. His Japanese seiyuu is superb...although they usually are anyway. :cat:

4evarisha
04-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Tidus all the way

Quindiana Jones
04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
That hurts me. :D

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Well I think Tidus definitely has a better main weapon...I fricking hate daggers! Tidus's sword reminds me of a lightsaber because it's blue and it has this glow around it. The only difference besides the fact that the blade can't disappear into the hilt is when the sword is glowing it doesn't make a humming noise.

Sole
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Zidane of course ! he kicks Tidus ass anywhere and anytime...he has tail and two daggers/double sword (whatever it is...) and he is ladies man :D

Crow
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Zidane. no contest

Darth Cid
04-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Zidane. no contest

Zidane of course ! he kicks Tidus ass anywhere and anytime...he has tail and two daggers/double sword

Zidane: *begins Randy Orton posing*

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Who's better?

Well...
Definitely TIDUS...

Don't kill me!! Wahhh!!

*Runs away*

Quindiana Jones
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
*pulls out sniper rifle*

daggertrepe