PDA

View Full Version : I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love

Project G
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Has anyone got the first MCR album? What do you think of it?

I Don't Need A Name
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah i have it! it is AMAZING! (also, if people will slate the album, dont go overboard with the insults please! :D thanks)

Project G
03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I think it's a lot better and a lot more punky than three cheers for sweet revenge!

Momiji
03-03-2006, 12:04 AM
I LOVE this album (Well, I don't own it directly, I downloaded it) but it has soooo many good songs on it compared to the other one. I think the earlier stuff is amazing. My Chemical Romance is one of my favorite bands too. However, I fear this thread is as doomed as mine...

My favorite songs on it are....hmmm

1. Romance (I can play this one on my guitar)
2. Honey, this Mirror isn't big enough for the Two of Us (I can play this one too, and this one is my favorite)
3. Vampires will Never Hurt You
4. Drowning Lessons
5. Our Lady of Sorrows (I can play this one too!)
6. Headfirst for Halos
7. Cubicles
8. Demolition Lovers (I can play this one too!)

Captain Maxx Power
03-03-2006, 12:48 AM
From the moment I saw the title of this topic, I knew exactly what it was going to be about.

In the interests of not being accussed of being productive, no I haven't got it, but I'm assuming it's trash.

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 01:13 AM

I don't need to say my opinion on this album, but I will anyways.

Horrible fucking album from a horrible fucking band.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 01:39 AM
However, I fear this thread is as doomed as mine...

Oh my God! Am I right or what?

From the moment I saw the title of this topic, I knew exactly what it was going to be about.

In the interests of not being accussed of being productive, no I haven't got it, but I'm assuming it's trash.

You know what they say about people who assume...

I don't need to say my opinion on this album, but I will anyways.

Horrible smurfing album from a horrible smurfing band.

:rolleyes2 :mad2: I'm sick of this.

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 01:46 AM
It isn't my fault they are a talentless band.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 01:47 AM
It isn't my fault they are a talentless band.

Oh really? Then please define 'talent' for me.

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Oh really? Then please define 'talent' for me.

Daniel Gildenlow. He is the pinacle of musical talent.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Daniel Gildenlow.

Oh. Owned.

:redface: And who may I ask is that? And what makes him so talented?

Owned? Whatever.

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 02:09 AM
He has one of the highest vocal ranges in all of music, can play drums, bass, guitar, and a few other instruments rather effectivly, and composed nearly an entire album that was highly orchestral.

Infact the album is one of the few contemporary pieces of music that is on par with classical music in terms of complexity.

www.painofsalvation.com/samples

Infact, every member in PoS are more talented individually than MCR is as a whole, 100x over.

EDIT: Sadly none of the samples there are from their latest album anyways.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM
He has one of the highest vocal ranges in all of music, can play drums, bass, guitar, and a few other instruments rather effectivly, and composed nearly an entire album that was highly orchestral.

Infact the album is one of the few contemporary pieces of music that is on par with classical music in terms of complexity.

www.painofsalvation.com/samples

Infact, every member in PoS are more talented individually than MCR is as a whole, 100x over.

EDIT: Sadly none of the samples there are from their latest album anyways.

Before I go looking into this, may I ask what style of music this is?

(P.S. I'm just trying to agree to disagree here. You know what they say about internet arguements.)
(P.P.S. MCR is still awesome, no matter what you say. ;) )

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Before I go looking into this, may I ask what style of music this is?

(P.S. I'm just trying to agree to disagree here. You know what they say about internet arguements.)
(P.P.S. MCR is still awesome, no matter what you say. ;) )
They are Progressive rock.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 02:21 AM
They are Progressive rock.
:confused: What exactly is that?...(If you hadn't noticed, I'm pretty much a screamo and classic rock fan. I don't know much else)(Other than that rap in any form and country music(I still like to call it just noise) sucks.)

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2006, 02:22 AM
I love how no one is allowed to have an opinion unless it's 'omg MCR rocks my socks!'

Anyway, my ex-roomie's wife had this and played it often, much to my charinge. It really is just awful, in my opinion (oh noes, there's that word again!). I couldnt stand it, so the compromise was me just pulling on my headphones and listening to bands that are more about talent and less about gimmick.

Momiji
03-03-2006, 02:26 AM
I love how no one is allowed to have an opinion unless it's 'omg MCR rocks my socks!'

It's not that, it's just that no one is seemingly able to simply say 'No, I don't like them.' or 'It sucks.' It always has to be 'Talentless Horrible smurfing album from a horrible smurfing band.' or 'Overly melodramatic swill'.

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2006, 02:29 AM
It's not that, it's just that no one is seemingly able to simply say 'No, I don't like them.' or 'It sucks.' It always has to be 'Talentless Horrible smurfing album from a horrible smurfing band.' or 'Overly melodramatic swill'.

That's their opinion. They dont bitch at you for saying 'omg best band ever'. You get to use adjectives like amazing, love, and so on, but if we use 'awful' or 'hate', we're out of line. If you don't want to hear opposing opinions, then stick to an MCR message board. We have a right to express our opinions as vocally and dramaticly as we please, same as you. No one bitches out out for praising them, how is it fair that you get upset at everyone who says otherwise?

edit: And this will be my final word on the subject, I dont want to derail the thread.

Crushed Hope
03-03-2006, 02:33 AM
From dictionanry .com

a genre of rock music with more complex harmonies than popular rock and often incorporating classical music elements

Momiji
03-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Hmmm. It DOES sound interesting...but I'm busy at the moment, I'll check them out later.

Cowboys From Hell
03-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Their old album is decent, i don't like it very much, but they deffinatly are not progressive rock. Prog. rock is like jethro tull, dream theatre, ELP, Genisis And of course rush. Their new album sucks horribly though.

Venom
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM
MCR isnt really my thing.

Crushed Hope
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Their old album is decent, i don't like it very much, but they deffinatly are not progressive rock. Prog. rock is like jethro tull, dream theatre, ELP, Genisis And of course rush. Their new album sucks horribly though.

Pain of Salvation are Prog. Rock, there is no way around it. Prog rock does not have a specified sound to it due to it being a genre based around progression and not stagnation. Just because Pain of Salvation doesn't sound like a typical progressive rock band doesn't mean that they are not one.

They have many elements of Prog. rock in their music, and to say that BE sucks shows how bad your taste in music is. BE is nearly INFACT the only album released within the past 20 years with orchestration that is on par with classical music.

You don't have to enjoy it (though you are still fucking crazy if you don't) but to say it sucks is a whole different story.

Also, it is Dream Theater, not re.