PDA

View Full Version : If you had the power to save/load state

KentaRawr!
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I know what you are thinking. "This topic is already in the EoEO boards!" The reason I am re-making this topic is because the EoEO version is supposed to have very serious answers, according to the topic creator of the EoEO version. But the people just couldn't hold the jokes in. So, I decided I would re-make the topic here, so that people who want a serious conversation on the matter can use the EoEO version, and the people who want to joke around about it (Or anything that doesn't really fit the description "Serious") can use this one.

For those of you who don't know what saving/loading states is, here is a description from the other topic's creator.

I'm assuming most of us here are familiar with the concept of save/load state in most video game emulators, tools for saving the exact instance that you might be in and the ability to load directly to that instance at any point thereafter. After much trial and error on some of my favorite games through these means I got to thinking that if I had a single wish it might just be the ability to save/load state in real life.

So, what would you use this power for? I, personally, would abuse it so much that I would crush the flow of time. And you?

Stayin Dizzy
03-02-2006, 06:03 PM
none of the answers were too serious because the thought of such a thing is beyond seriousness. This is the EXACT same thread and someone should close it

KentaRawr!
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
none of the answers were too serious because the thought of such a thing is beyond seriousness. This is the EXACT same thread and someone should close it

True, however; The EoEO version was made for serious discussion. For personal things you would change if you had the chance. This version is for more chatty and/or joking discussion. Like "I would run around stealin' cars and then load the state, then to find that I forgot to save the state and get arrested. :( ". Plus, according to Leeza, "We do not move threads from EoEO to GC or from GC to EoEO".

Stayin Dizzy
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
This version is for more chatty and/or joking discussion. Like "I would run around stealin' cars and then load the state, then to find that I forgot to save the state and get arrested.

one of the things I would do is save the a couple of minutes before a basketball game and then I would go in the middle of the game, steal the ball, and dunk it.

Go out, commit a heinous-yet-fun crime, then... Reload!

Also, I'd probably take over the world.

I would run around having sex with hot women all the time and when ever and where ever. It wouldn't really matter. Maybe even just start blowing people's brains out. Load State! None of it happened!

you mean answes like this? The whole concept of save/load cannot be made out as a serious discussion as its absolute foolishness. its been done dude. Again I say: THIS IS THE SAME THREAD

KentaRawr!
03-03-2006, 09:45 PM
you mean answes like this? The whole concept of save/load cannot be made out as a serious discussion as its absolute foolishness. its been done dude. Again I say: THIS IS THE SAME THREAD

On the other hand, those posts are against the topic creator's wishes. "Serious discussion only".

Stayin Dizzy
03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I give up kid. Good luck getting anyone else to post here

KentaRawr!
03-03-2006, 09:56 PM
I give up kid. Good luck getting anyone else to post here

Thanks... wait... you were being sarcastic, weren't you? :(

(Loads state from before the topic even started)

Rengori
03-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Since answers don't have to be serious no mores, sex.

Old Manus
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I can punch this guy again

and again

and again

KentaRawr!
03-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I could train on GTA for ten years, then load the state and murder Jack Thompson and all of his evil minions.

>_>

mooglebunni608
03-04-2006, 01:29 AM
one word; World Domination.
:P

Clouded Sky
03-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Well, it'd make finding a really good prom date easier.

"I'll ask the really hot, popular girl to prom."

Keep trying and reloading your state with every good looking girl so you end up with a good one and haven't had to suffer the embarrasment of many rejections. Also, you could also ask people you wouldn't normally ask.

Shaun
03-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Hah. Sounds like a true geek's dream. It would be entirely pointless. If you'd 'load the old state' then you'd forget everything that happened anyway.

KentaRawr!
03-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Hah. Sounds like a true geek's dream. It would be entirely pointless. If you'd 'load the old state' then you'd forget everything that happened anyway.

Wouldn't that put the world into a never-ending loop? o_O

Just because of that, let's assume that we don't lose our memory when we load the old state. :p

Shaun
03-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't that put the world into a never-ending loop? o_O

Depends on whether you believe in fate. ;)

Dreddz
03-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I could take both the left way to school
I could take the right way to school
The possibilities are endless, oh wait, there not are they....

Levian
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I would use it to fight evil once a week during prime time.

Shaun
03-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I could take both the left way to school
I could take the right way to school
The possibilities are endless, oh wait, there not are they....

You can look at it that way, but you're simply misunderstanding the idea of fate. The idea is that your decisions are already made up for you. So, you were going to take the right path anyway, if you take the right path. And vise-versa.

KentaRawr!
03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Depends on whether you believe in fate. ;)

In a way I do. But it's more like a great chain-reaction than fate. Even if something DECIDED what we do, it would be a pawn in the emotionless fates' plans. >_>

There is no such thing as 50% when it comes to choice. There is ALWAYS something that convinces you to make the other choice. Otherwise, we would simply get stuck. But even our getting stuck would be controlled by the ultimate fate, as our experiences and how we were born effect what we do. What our parents did effected our experiences and how we were born. Our grandparents decided the fate of our parents, and our great grand parents decided the fate of our grand parents, and so on. But this fate that is decided is also controlled by fate. So, yeah. Fate is totally un-defeatable. It also doesn't exist, which is what makes it cool. It only exists in our minds. It only exists in our choices. I do believe we decide our fate, but no matter how many times you reset, we will make the same choice, because our past experiences made us make a choice.

>_>

d00d. Fatez0rz pwns j001!!11

Yeah... this whole fate thing could get a bit off-topic. <_<

th30wn4g3
03-09-2006, 01:31 AM
i would save state today, live my entire life before i die i would load state keeping my experience and returning to a younger self to become really wize and really strong.

Mirage
03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sure God has a save/load state option in his universe simulator.