PDA

View Full Version : Square, killer titles, and next gen...

Carmilla
03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Each of the three upcoming consoles have their killer titles, (titles that make people buy their consoles).

Nintendo has Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc.
Xbox has DOA, Ninja Gaiden, Halo, etc.
PS2 has God of War, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, etc.

But for me, i will buy the next gen system that Square flocks to.

The first six Final Fantasy games were released for Nintendo. The next 6 were released for Sony.
Square follows the money, understandably, and usually only makes its flagship games for the industry leaders. example, PS>N64 and DS>PSP.

So where do you see the Final Fantasy series going? To the Rev, 360, or PS3?

Imo, the FF series will NOT go to Microsoft. The Xbox has been doing terribly in Japan. So if FF goes to the 360 than that will pretty much FORCE Japan to buy Microsofts console. I dont see that happening...

But i can easily see FF going to Nintendo. Square is already on the DS with multiple FF games while leaving the PSP out in the cold because gameplay > technology.

Is the FF series safe on the PS3? Or could Sonys possible failure of its new media BluRay, which isnt much needed yet, lead to Square going back to Nintendo?

Opinions, comments, flames? :p

Erdrick Holmes
03-02-2006, 09:30 PM
FF will undoubtedly go to the PS3 since it's obviously the most popular. The only Square game the 360 is getting, as far as I can tell, is FFXI. The Revolution might someday get a new Crystal Chronicals or something. Who knows?

Rostum
03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I think that you're thinking too much into this, just wait and see what happens.

Dreddz
03-02-2006, 10:32 PM
My bet is that its going to the PS3, most of FF's fan base are people who own Sony consoles....

Carmilla
03-02-2006, 11:16 PM
I think that you're thinking too much into this, just wait and see what happens.

Boredom + thinking = these types of threads.
And whats wrong with thinking? :p

Erdrick Holmes
03-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Personally, I don't see why the new FFs should just stick to one console. Why not make new games on all three consoles so people who can't spend an arm and a leg on the PS3 can still play them.

before you post, Kane. It's already been predicted that the PS3 might be the most expensive of the three consoles, so don't even bother quoting this post for an excuse to flame.

ljkkjlcm9
03-03-2006, 12:05 AM
My bet is that its going to the PS3, most of FF's fan base are people who own Sony consoles....

Yes well back in the day most of the FF's fan base owned Nintendo consoles. I seriously think they're going to continue their main FF count on PS3 and have some spinoff titles, namely CC on the Nintendo system, but they may very well try other spinoff titles as well.

THE JACKEL

MecaKane
03-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Personally, I don't see why the new FFs should just stick to one console. Why not make new games on all three consoles so people who can't spend an arm and a leg on the PS3 can still play them.

By that logic every game should be released on every system. And also PCs so people can't spend an arm and a leg on any system can still play them.

And they should also be free.

The main games will still probably be for PS3. Those high capacity blurays won't hurt.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I could have sworn they were doing a multi-platform release. PS3 and Xbox 360, I thought, were both getting SE titles.

Erdrick Holmes
03-03-2006, 12:59 AM
The only SE title I know 30 gets is FFXI. Will there be others?

Anyway, I think the world can be a more peaceful place if certain tons of hype games got released on all three consoles. Think about it, the games everybody wants yet nobody can feel left out because they bought the 'infirior system' that can't play the next big hit.

Giga Guess
03-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Or, just as a thought, they go go **** it on decision making, and start going muti system....I mean FFXI coming out on XBox 360, and FF4 on SNES and PSX AND GBA shows they're willing to dip their fingers in a few pies now.

KoShiatar
03-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Or, just as a thought, they go go **** it on decision making, and start going muti system....I mean FFXI coming out on XBox 360, and FF4 on SNES and PSX AND GBA shows they're willing to dip their fingers in a few pies now.

I hope they will keep doing so.

Giga Guess
03-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Likewise.

black orb
03-04-2006, 04:06 AM
>>> Im glad Im just into the main FF titles and other fairly popular rpgs..