PDA

View Full Version : When Espers attack.

Michael Belmont
03-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Has anybody watched when animals attack? Has anybody imagined that a summon like Maduin/Madeen attacked a playable charater like Locke? Why? because we are going to talk about Espers attacking our heroes 1 thru 10.

DJZen
03-03-2006, 07:11 PM
They DO attack your characters.

Shin Gouken
03-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Isn't the idea that the heroes challenge the summons and by proving their worth are able to call upon them.

Ifrit FFV "Only those who can withstand my flames may summon me"
I think that's almost exactly what he says. Most summons say similar things.

Stayin Dizzy
03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
In ff9 The Queen smites you with Bahamut as well

Michael Belmont
03-05-2006, 03:35 PM
And what about the other espers didn't Seimour summon Anima in the first battle with him in 10?

Jhei
03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I didn't quite get the topic, but anyways, we're talking about battling summons, right?

Anyways, in FF VIII there are also quite a lot of summon battles. You get to fight Ifrit, Brothers, Diablos, Cerberus, Tonberry, Cactuar, and Bahamut before you get to use them. In the older FFs you get to fight them too.

theundeadhero
03-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't recall any in I-III, or VII, but in IV, V, VI (if you count the legendary dragons) VIII, IX, X, and X-2 you fight the creatures.

Awesomeman
03-05-2006, 09:46 PM
In X I only remember fighting two, Anima and Yojimbo. Unless you are talking about the end...

Shin Gouken
03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
The summon battles i always look forward to. That might be why i like VIII and V so much. And why i didn't like VII so much *wonders* hmmm

Awesomeman
03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah, you never fought summons in VII!:eek: I wonder if you will in XII:confused:

theundeadhero
03-05-2006, 10:12 PM
In X you also fought them occasionally from Dina (or whatever that female summoner's name was)

Awesomeman
03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh yeah, Duhh! I should really replay X, huh?

Zeromus_X
03-05-2006, 10:40 PM
III: Fought Odin, Bahamut, and Leviathan to obtain them.

IV: Same as III.

V: Same as before; Carbuncle, Catoblepas, Ifrit, Ramuh, Shiva, added. (To fight them to obtain them anyway.)

VI: Ifrit, Shiva. Sort of. Most were Magicite.

VII: Don't recall any..

VIII: Brothers, Bahamut, Diablos, Giant Cactuar, Tonberry King, Diablos, and Cerberus, as listed in an above post.

IX: You fight Ark. Don't get it until you get two Pumice Pieces and synth them though...

X: Fought Anima. Technically, you fight all your Aeons in the game, at the end of the game, Dona, Isaaru, Belgemine, and if you have PAL or International, you fight the Dark Aeons.

:cat:

Shin Gouken
03-05-2006, 11:07 PM
You kinda fight Golem in FFV. He turns up, punches you in the gob, then runs away before you can hit back. Then you end up saving him coz he pleas for your help :rolleyes2

DJZen
03-06-2006, 12:34 AM
You also have to fight the Mist Dragon in FFIV. Not to mention the rare summons (Goblin, Cockatrice, Mindflayer).

I'm fairly sure that you have to defeat Diabolos to summon him in FFXI.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-06-2006, 01:58 AM
You have to fight Asura in FFIV as well.

Jhei
03-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Awesomeman, FF XII will have summon battles. It was currently revealed that you have to beat a summon first before you get to use them. Oh, and you can only equip one summon at a time.

feioncastor
03-06-2006, 03:54 AM
VIII: Brothers, Bahamut, Diablos, Giant Cactuar, Tonberry King, Diablos, and Cerberus, as listed in an above post.

You mentioned Diablos twice.

By the way, you know how you can name your summons? Am I the only one who changed Diablos's name to "J. Christ"?

Zeromus_X
03-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Heh. Didn't notice that. (I did forget some of the other summons too, so...:P)

I named Diablos "Astaroth", another demon name, and Ifrit "Efreet" for a more correct name.

But Diablos -> Jesus...loL :cat:

NeoCracker
03-06-2006, 06:08 AM
You mentioned Diablos twice.

By the way, you know how you can name your summons? Am I the only one who changed Diablos's name to "J. Christ"?

That is singly the funniest name for something I ever heard of in all of FF.

feioncastor
03-06-2006, 06:12 AM
That is singly the funniest name for something I ever heard of in all of FF.

It's pretty wild when you call out a summon called "J. Christ", and this huge gravity demon appears. Pretty good business.