PDA

View Full Version : We <3 Katamari

Markus. D
03-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I have been sceptical of this game ever since I first heard about it in EoFF.

so... about 4 months later.... I decided to buy it for myself.

this game is one hell of a generic o_0 fun thing thats awesome.

the first "<3 Katamari" moment I had was when I bassically started out in a zoo.... In the end, I was almost massive enough to roll up the main hall.

its so fun ^_^ and the locations are so open to exploration.

~SapphireStar~
03-03-2006, 09:45 AM
People have been playing this at work, its so bizzare and strange. Pretty colours though, but I wouldnt spend Ł30 on it.

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I adore it. Awesomely fun with super cool music. I need to get it for myself.

kikimm
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I loved loved loved the first one but I still haven't picked this up. Mostly because I haven't seen it anywhere except on the internet, so that makes me slower to buy and less impulsive.

Rye
03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm the opposite from kikimm, I never played the first, but I've played We <3 Katamari. It's an adorable and fun game with such good music. :D I have to beat it sometime.

I'm not sure I would spend a lot of money on it, it seems like a game that's good to rent from Blockbuster. My brother bought this, so I have it for free. :D

Dreddz
03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Wasnt this the great game that wasnt released in the Eu because Sony are @$$holes....

Necronopticous
03-03-2006, 05:30 PM
It's a wonderful game that every PS2 owner should have. Namco blesses us with games that are weird, fun, and original from Japan completely untouched by soundtrack changes and other things that most localization teams would reccommend altering to better appeal to greasy boring Americans. Katamari Damacy and We <3 Katamari are both excellent videogames, if you don't own them you're missing out on something great.

Yamaneko
03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
...greasy boring Americans.
:(

Behold the Void
03-03-2006, 06:24 PM
I will say that the music from the original Katamari Damacy is better than that of We <3 Katamari, but We <3 Katamari is better in what you can do. They're both stellar games, I'd suggest starting with the original Katamari Damacy to get a feel for the controls and not be disappointed by it after playing We <3 Katamari.

NM
03-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Wasnt this the great game that wasnt released in the Eu because Sony are @$$holes....

The original Katamari Damacy was never released in Europe, but We :heart: Katamari was released last month.

Dreddz
03-03-2006, 08:47 PM
The original Katamari Damacy was never released in Europe, but We :heart: Katamari was released last month.
Oh, so your right.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
this game is stupid, although it is original i will give it tht

Germ Hamee
03-04-2006, 05:15 AM
:( I still haven't played it. I was completely addicted to the first game from the moment ducks started singing in the opening sequence. I actually have the soundtrack in my car as "get up and go!" music for my drive into work.

The game's only 30 bucks, so I don't know what I'm waiting for. I guess I have it in my head that it can't be that different from the first so I'm not incredibly motivated to buy it.

lone_berserker
03-05-2006, 03:04 AM
We love katamari is the most insane game i have literally played in my entire life. O yea, PLEASE does any1 know where u can download the backround music, its sick! XD

Markus. D
03-05-2006, 03:42 AM
ZOMG!

I had another "<3 Katamari" Moment.

The first time I had to get 500m+.

and I got there.

WOW! HOW FREAKIN MASSIVE DO YA WANNA GET.

I apparently heard if your quick enough, you can roll up the planet.

thats my goal.

Mittopotahis
03-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Whats this now?

Sounds interesting but I don't know what it is :(

EDIT: PS2. Nevermind.

NM
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
ZOMG!

I had another "<3 Katamari" Moment.

The first time I had to get 500m+.

and I got there.

WOW! HOW FREAKIN MASSIVE DO YA WANNA GET.

I apparently heard if your quick enough, you can roll up the planet.

thats my goal.

I've managed 3607m. You can't really get much more than that as there's hardly anything left to roll up into your uber Katamari of doom.

And it's especially nice when you manage to roll up the King, and he remakes "Oh we've been rolled up." Or something like that. :p

Markus. D
03-05-2006, 01:44 PM
wow, so massive!
I got rather large (1000M), not as massive as you.

but I witnessed that giant of a king.

o_0

o______________________0

lone_berserker
03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
You can roll up the king if you get big enough. Hes like randomly floating and flying around in and above the ocean somewhere. It kind of freaks you out when you see him though, he so masive XD. Anywho, has anyone got the million roses mission completed?? I read about it and supposedly you can unlock stuff when you complete the mission.

I immediatley regret what i said about being able to role up the king XD. Im not sure if you can get big enough to XD.

Instead of double posting, please use the edit button! -kikimm

Markus. D
03-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I finnally rolled up the sun.

and errr.... how do I unlock the Million Roses Mission.

I also have to get passed the credits.... gosh thats diffucult...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
It's a wonderful game that every PS2 owner should have. Namco blesses us with games that are weird, fun, and original from Japan completely untouched by soundtrack changes and other things that most localization teams would reccommend altering to better appeal to greasy boring Americans.Yet they changed the sequel's box art to something offensively sterile.

Japan

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/mdkd-jpboxf.jpg

Amelica

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/mdkd-usboxf.png

Markus. D
03-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Mine was differant from that.

since my webcam aint working, I will describe it.

I think it was originally drawn in crayon...

background is subtle orange.

with the sun in the middle of the picture.

theres Prince and this bluish Katamari Standing beside it.

and it has the words We :heart: Katamari, inside a cloud.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
A katamari is what the Prince pushes around, not his species (http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=12065).

Madame Adequate
03-12-2006, 01:12 PM
People have been playing this at work, its so bizzare and strange. Pretty colours though, but I wouldnt spend Ł30 on it.

It is totally worth it. Trust me on that. ESPECIALLY if you never played the original. But also ESPECIALLY if you're a fan of the original.

StarlightAngel
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM
It's definitely a heck of a lot of fun :D

I once heard Que Sera Sera from the first game as background music for an add in Laos. But it wasn't long enough for the song to get to the actual singing part :(

Markus. D
03-12-2006, 10:10 PM
A katamari is what the Prince pushes around, not his species (http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=12065).

ooops. yeah, Ive been told that, but I always mistake them for a soul clump....