PDA

View Full Version : Old Sites?

Relena
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Did you used to go to a site a long time ago that you thought was cool back then, but now realize how stupid it is? Here's one that I used to think was cool, but now I realize how stupid it is. I used to go here before I joined this site, EOFF is WAY cooler that the site I used to visit.
http://starrobin3.proboards37.com/
What about you?

Mo-Nercy
03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I used to be crazy for TTAdvance. It was an online Triple Triad game that didn't just have FF8 cards but also cards for all the other mainstream FFs + a few other games. All the extra cards made for real strategic play and rules like Same and Plus actually became FUN to play with instead of plain annoying like they were in the game.

My specialty was Level 5 play. I had a counter-attacking strat that could destroy any corner card player with effective use of Same and Plus.

So yeah. I am totally over this game...*nod* *blink*
I only quit because I forgot my password and I couldn't be bothered starting again and recollecting

DMKA
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
www.mp3.com
chat.yahoo.com

Oh, to be completely new to the internets. :p

Relena
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
The old site for me was pretty stupid, huh?

RPJesus
03-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah.

I used to be crazy for TTAdvance. It was an online Triple Triad game that didn't just have FF8 cards but also cards for all the other mainstream FFs + a few other games. All the extra cards made for real strategic play and rules like Same and Plus actually became FUN to play with instead of plain annoying like they were in the game.

My specialty was Level 5 play. I had a counter-attacking strat that could destroy any corner card player with effective use of Same and Plus.

So yeah. I am totally over this game...*nod* *blink*
I only quit because I forgot my password and I couldn't be bothered starting again and recollecting
That sounds fun, actually. Could you give a link?

For me, the WoMI (http://www.worldofmi.com/forums/) forums. I never actually left. I still go, it's OK. Just that most of the members go off their head if you don't spam up the boards by stupidly praising Monkey Island at every chance. That and one of the mods (the only one who ever seems to do anything) thinks I've got another count, to back myself up. He thinks I'm Traitorfish (he used to be here, anybody remember? Probably not...), because, apparently, I'm too similar to this guy (a good pally-wal o mine) not to be.

I would go back, but... I can't be bothered basically. The forum's died. It's pretty dull.

Relena
03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, the old fourm I used to go to used to have over 400 members, yeah, it died.

Levian
03-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry, I don't feel like joining your proboard right now.

Relena
03-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not asking people to join, I'm just asking if there are sites you used to like back then and think are dumb now. I hate that website I used to go to.

Meat Puppet
03-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I used to go to this place called "FFI". I was always in a good mood there and I know that I lightened the hearts of many a member. I parted ways with the forum on good terms. To this day, myself and the members of the forum still maintain that... that relationship... that bond that we built those years ago.

It went something like that. I forgot a few details.

Levian
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I used to go to this place called "FFI". I was always in a good mood there and I know that I lightened the hearts of many a member. I parted ways with the forum on good terms. To this day, myself and the members of the forum still maintain that... that relationship... that bond that we built those years ago.

It went something like that. I forgot a few details.

You mean how you spammed the crap out of the place, insulted a few members and got permanently banned multiple times? Man, I miss those days.

Meat Puppet
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, me too.

bipper
03-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I used to play THE most addictive game ever @ www.ffiends.com
Its called dragon court. It has stayed old, but is still good fun.

Bip

Shoeberto
03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Khakain.

Don't ask me for the URL, I'm not entirely sure the forum is still there.

The owner had a serious God-complex just because he ran things. It made for not fun times.

Leeza
03-03-2006, 08:50 PM
<!--I think this thread is in violation of Rule #7:

<i>MB wars. Don’t say anything bad about other MBs. MB-site-wars are pointless and we don’t want any. When in doubt, just assume that we get along with every other site in existence. If you’ve been banned from so-and-so site and you’re looking for a place to rant about the Nazi admins over there, go somewhere else please.</i>

Maybe not quite, buy close enough. Especially when links are involved.-->*snip*

Carry on. :)

Stayin Dizzy
03-03-2006, 09:02 PM
to add my bit, I played alot of Yahoo pool and Euchre pre EoFF. I still play here and there but It's not one I frequent

Mo-Nercy
03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
That sounds fun, actually. Could you give a link?
http://www.ttadvance.com (http://ttadvance.com)

And I've also found it in me to start playing again. I don't know how much longer I'll be interested in this, but my name is Wakarimasen. xD

NeoCracker
03-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Why do they use a starfire picture for every characters forum? :Confused:

Roto13
03-05-2006, 05:09 PM
>_>

<_<

>_>

<_<

*gamefaqs*

kikimm
03-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Haha, tolkienonline. I think that was my first forum too, and it showed. Oh well. The place was too serious for me anyways!

RSL
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmm, FF:WA I guess. It used to be my number one internet hang out! But now it's hard to look at.

escobert
03-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I was lucky and EoFF was one of the first places I ever started going on a daily basis. So I'm stucj here forever :p

Acid Raine
03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
ugh.

Neopets....yuck (http://www.neopets.com)

I was ADDICTED to neopets. omfg....

Markus. D
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Neopets.

sadistic I know...

rubah
03-05-2006, 06:43 PM
All the cool old sites I ever went to, besides talkcity.com are gone.

Watch Out For Snakes, Magic Hogwarts, and really that was about it.

black orb
03-05-2006, 07:42 PM
>>> The Gia, that one died long time ago..

Momiji
03-06-2006, 01:21 AM
ugh.

Neopets....yuck (http://www.neopets.com)

I was ADDICTED to neopets. omfg....

You think that's bad...when I was 10 I joined the Nickelodeon forums...then again, no one could call me an internet n00b then because they were all 9/10 yr old kids too.

The first serious FF forum I joined was 'thefinalfantasy' forums. Then my mom saw some of the stuff being posted there and blocked me from the site. That was 3 years ago though.

Jack
03-06-2006, 01:46 AM
I used to be part of a Billy Corgan forum and it was fine, until one member lynched me for not liking ONE song back when so I left.
I went back and found out the WHOLE site had closed.

I'd like to think I had something to do with that.:cool:

Bowser
03-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Caves of Narshe. It was pretty cool, but they were a little too uptight.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-06-2006, 03:39 AM
I've slipped in and out of several forums over the past few years, generally due to a dislike of the community. Ones I most remember were Red Infinity, a roleplay site that I used to post rather frequently on that eventually got canned and ressurected and all that fun stuff, and another forum that I can't for the life of me remember why I joined but I'd been bugged to mod at on and off for quite some time. I eventually just left because any of the conversation they had I could find here with more people and less jerks.

Ki Ki
03-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah! Yeah! Neopets!

Shaun
03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
rofl.

http://sfghq.emulationzone.org