PDA

View Full Version : Skill Unlocking Key items

silverbow
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I found the key item to unlock Paine's Full Throttle "Break HP Limit" ability, but I have no idea where I should go to get the other abilities, anyone have a good place I should go to find the locations for these?

Also does anyone know if it's similar for Yuna's songstress dress-sphere, because I noticed she has two missing skills on it.

Relena
03-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Where did you find Paine's? I remember finding Rikku's, but I don't remember where.

Masamune·1600
03-03-2006, 08:09 PM
The two missing Songstress abilities are MP Mambo (Spellspring effect on party while dancing) and Magical Masque (party is immune to magic attacks while dancing). Both require Key Items--Magical Dances, Vol. 1 and Magical Dances, Vol. 2, respectively. These Key Items can be acquired by defating Nooj at the Den of Woe (Vol. 1) and defeating the Experiment at its highest level (Vol. 2).

As for the Break HP Limit and Break Damage Limit abilities, the corresponding items are:

Aurora Rain (Break HP Limit--Floral Fallal)
Twilight Rain (Break Damage Limit--Floral Fallal)
Machina Reactor (Break HP Limit--Machina Maw)
Machina Booster (Break Damage Limit--Machina Maw)
Corpus Invictus (Break HP Limit--Full Throttle)
Victor Primoris (Break Damage Limit--Full Throttle)

Aurora Rain is acquired by heading to Besaid in Chapter 5. Outside the town, jump down near the first bridge and you will find a chest with the Item.

Twilight Rain is obtained by returning to the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth--it should be found near where you fought Yojimbo.

Machina Reactor is acquired the Chocobo's secret dungeon.

Machina Booster is found in a chest on Mushroom Rock Road on the way to Youth League HQ.

Corpus Invictus can be obtained in the secret dungeon in the Thunder Plains.

Victor Primorus requires you to head to the Mi'ihen Highroad. There's a chocobo feather on the ground past Rin's Agency; stand on it with a chocobo until a message appears. Choose "Am I ever!", leave the screen, and return to repeat the process. This will net you the item.

silverbow
03-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

silverbow
03-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Hmmm, it seems that Twilight Rain is actually the one at the Besaid location.

As for getting to the cavern of Stolen Faith, that's that place in calm lands right? It's blocked off, and I can't get to it, hope that doesn't mean I missed my chance.