PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up attributes

Bendak
03-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Hey I was wondering, when you level up as a certain job, do your stats go up differently than another job? Like for example, when you level up as a monk, does your base hp increase more than say if you leveled up as a wizard? Just wondering.:confused:

Gilthanes
03-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Just to clarify, you mean if Character A leveled from 1 to 20 as a monk, and character B leveled from 1 to 20 as a wizard, would the monk have an innately higher Hp (even after changing to another class) and the wizard have an innately higher MP and MATK (also after changing to another class), then yes.

Theres some FAQ I read where it explained what "Stat Gains" a character would get it he went from 1 to 99 on a single job. Monk would have gained an innate 250 or something Hp, and an insane amount of Phys Attack, etc. Let me see if i can go find it

Bendak
03-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Cool thanks. I'll look forward to it.

Gilthanes
03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok I found it. He lists the stats a Squire would have gained innately through leveling up. The link is http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/fft/info/JFFT.txt

Just as a preview,

Squire
Hp: +277 AT: +8
Mp: +67 MA: +6
Sp: +5

And all the other classes show the difference compared to the Squire, i.e.

Monk
Hp: +55 AT: +4
Mp: +10 MA: +0
Sp: +0

This means if you level'd a character as a monk from lv 1 to 99, and changed him back to a Squire, he would have 55 more hp, 4 more attack power, and 10 more mp than a squire who leveled from 1 to 99 as a Squire.

Edit: Ok the link seems to be semi broken atm.. keeps linking back to the main site, even from going to the page manually through the website.. so I think the link just broke literally the second I posted it.. I'll keep trying

VorpalCyberWolf
03-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Generally I level up 3 different ways.
I have one of my 3 human people go
Chemist-Wizard-Time-Summoner up til 99 (Particularly with a Mage Character)
another Squire-Knight-Monk-Lancer up til 99 (With the Badass Tank-Soldier)
and Squire-Archer-Theif-Ninja (With the agile, far moving rouge-like typr character)

I've noted that those combos work really well in building each character in their prospective class type and about by the time you reach 99 (If lvling those characters and Ramza all at the same time) They should have those job classes either mastered or nearly mastered and the other characters will already have several lvls in each of the classes as a cause of training at the same time.

And this works for any character, pending how you want them built.

For a non-typical class suggestion. Have Agrias LVL up in Holy Knight til she has it mastered, then move on to Knight, Monk, Lancer. and she will be one tough Cookie when she gets to LVL 99.

Sure there are some stricter ways (LVLing only as one class) but I like getting the skills as well in the process of lvling up.

Gilthanes
03-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, if you are also interested in building up immortal characters, you can do the level up/down trick. Basically, when you gain a level, you gain + to almost all stats, even if its only .1 (and you wont see the change till 10 levels of +.1). And when you de-level due to a degenerator trap, you lose those same stats. But different jobs have different +s. You could train up a superfast powerhouse by de-leveling as like a bard, and leveling back as a ninja. Bard has the weakest +stats per level, and ninjas have some of the best, particularly speed. So you de-level a bunch as a bard, and re-level as a ninja. Each set of levels you will gain more speed/PA/hp etc

We're talking about characters with 999 hp 999mp and 40+ speed, but it required insane dedication

http://www.ffgurus.net/fft/?section=godguide

You can read up on the trick there

VorpalCyberWolf
03-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah I've done that a couple times in the past, but after awhile it just kinda got old you know. Whats the point of doing that if your only going to fight people that are extraordinarily weaker... just not my style.
Sides, by the time one finishes doing it to all their characters, I dont see why they wouldnt just be completely sick of the game, at least for awhile.

Really cool concept though. I still wish it would be cool if like on an Expansion of FFXI or something they released an online version of FFT where you can store more than 24 characters and have duels with other people's characters online. Granted if they did that, they would probably omit the whole LVL Down/LVL Up trick all together.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
03-16-2006, 02:51 AM
I never tried to lvl up/down stat trick but ive known about it for 3-4 years.

just one of those things ive yet to try. Luckily I still play this game and will never be sick of it, so maybey ill try it someday.

Kiwi Nazi
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Wow, I've beaten the game but still have yet to see (or if i did see one, i didn't take note of it). Is there a way to find more of those traps? cause that seems like a damn good idea...

Despotus
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
The most convenient one I know of is in the ravine that is in the Zeklaus Desert. Check on the move-find-item guide that's posted on Gamefaqs. com. Traps always occur in the same places where you might find a buried item.;)