PDA

View Full Version : Making a game called Final Fantasy 13

Vivi123
03-04-2006, 05:27 AM
I am making a game call Final Fantasy 13. Here is the cast so far,
Celes, Cyan, Edgar, Gau, Leo, Gogo, Imperial soldier, Kefka, Merchants, Mog, Relm, Sabin, Setzer, Shadow, Strago, Terra, Umaro, Butz, Cara, Farris, Galuf, Lenna, Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Edge, Tellah, Edward, Yang, Palom, Porom, Cid, FuSoYa, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris, Vincent.

Here is the story so far. 2 years after celes, cyan, edgar, gau, leo, gogo, imperial soldier, merchants, mog, relm, sabin, setzer, shadow, strago, terra, umaro, butz, cara, farris, galuf, lenna, cecil, kain, rydia, rosa, edge, tellah, edward, yang, palom, porom, cid, fuSoYa, and cloud defeated their main bad guy. However, kefka and sephiroth are someway got back to the world of the living. Either one didn’t known why. Kefka found locke. Locke was shocked. Sephiroth found cloud at first cloud wanted to fight but sephiroth say he didn’t what to fight.

vampirepiggyhunter7
03-04-2006, 05:40 AM
Wow... Why don't you just call if "Final Fantasy Mixup" or something to the extent.
I've actually thought of things like this before. It involves all of the characters in Purgatory. Sephiroth is somehow reverted into a child and has a knife. Lucrecia must travel with him and Firion to help ward off evil from all of the games. When Lucrecia is in danger, Sephy grows into adult form and grows a black wing, and then the kicking ass and taking names ensues...

Obsidian
03-04-2006, 04:13 PM
What? No MacGyver? =/

Tavrobel
03-04-2006, 05:56 PM
ZOMG THERE'S NO CHUCK NORRIS?

"Final Fantasy Mixup"
That's essentially what this is. All the Final Fantasies have had different plots, separate from each other, Vivi123. Cameos not withstanding.

PhantomXD
03-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Or worse ME!

black orb
03-05-2006, 01:03 AM
>>> Cool, I`d make a game like that if I had programing skills..
Do you have programing skills right?.

~SapphireStar~
03-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I am making a game call Final Fantasy 13.
How freaky! Last time I checked a company called Square Enix was meant to be making a game with the same title ...

Meat Puppet
03-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a reality tv show.

JackNapier
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
lmao The Real World Final Fantasy Version.

Stayin Dizzy
03-05-2006, 07:10 PM
ZOMG THERE'S NO CHUCK NORRIS?

My thoughts exactly. That being said how realistic are you about actually making this game? Even with good programming skills I can only assume you'll be doing an 8 or 16 bit game. Which means that you'll have to create your own sprites for Cloud Sephiroth and Aeris. Not an easy task. Then lets talk about storyline, which in any good game is able to grab the player emotionally but with a character cast like this your looking at a chrono cross theme, lots of characters, not enough character development. Then the map, which world map will you choose?? Leave it the same or change up towns?

I mean seriously, people talk alot about doing this with good games and go nowhere with it. The closest I've even seen to a good game is this

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=chronotrigger&action=display&num=1124672585

which was a started and possibly failed prject to remake CT. The demo is fun, but short but they had a whole team of people working on it, and after like 2 years or somethin, its still not done...

I guess good luck is all i can really say, you'll need it

Vivi123
03-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I NEED SOME HELP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levian
03-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Or else Final Fantasy 13 will never be finished?

Stayin Dizzy
03-08-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't program, but the best advice I can give is master temporal flux

Vivi123
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Or else Final Fantasy 13 will never be finished?
Thats right!:crying: :crying2:

JackNapier
03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
The only fan made games I really care about right now are the Chrono Trigger ones. But all the good ones get shut down by Square-Enix. Why SE? WHY?

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-09-2006, 11:41 PM
The only fan made games I really care about right now are the Chrono Trigger ones. But all the good ones get shut down by Square-Enix. Why SE? WHY?
Money my cantankerous friend

JackNapier
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
They'd get even more money if they released a damn sequel themselves. Then there wouldn't be so many remakes. But there is one that is showing very good promise and hasn't been shut done yet (mind you it's a demo).

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=chronotrigger&action=display&num=1124672585

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 12:22 AM
where's Auron and Basch?

ffxfreak93
03-10-2006, 02:58 AM
i have to agree with Awsomeman

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 04:39 AM
After adding Auron and Basch, you must do something great! And you know what that is? Having Auron fight Sephiroth!

Vivi123
03-10-2006, 06:22 AM
After adding Auron and Basch, you must do something great! And you know what that is? Having Auron fight Sephiroth!

Good idea but where do I find a Auron sperite.

Awesomeman
03-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Make one. And you'll have to make a Basch sprite while you're at it.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Hopefully Square Enix will make FF13. I would imagine they will if Famitsu likes FF12 a lot. Now, it just needs to sell well. If they won't, good, you are. "eyesonff news sometime in 2007: Well, Square Enix have stated that they have no plans to make FF13, but Vivi123 has stated that he will continue the series. You can be sure that eyesonff will keep you updated on Vivi123 and his games."

Rocco7070
03-17-2006, 04:00 PM
When Seph needs to tie his shoes he stabs himself in the stomach as well as the three people standing next to him.

Leeza
03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I would like the spam in this thread to stop or I will be giving out warnings.

Trumpet Thief
03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
chaos: Neglected KH Characters could be a decent name for it too. ;)

Trowa: Erm, if you need help, I suggest you use a program like Game Maker. Might be confusing at first, but hey, you might just be able to master it. *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Eiko Guy
03-17-2006, 11:06 PM
with all those ppl its gonna suck because you cant develop all those characters

Trumpet Thief
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
chaos: Sure ya can. Only it'll take about 200 hours of gameplay. :)

Alive-Cat
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Well, the real Final Fantasy XIII has a big head start!

Mercen-X
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
I was working on a game script similar to this context. It involved characters resembling Cid, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris, Vincent, Yuffie, Tifa, Zell, Seifer, Squall, Riku, Sora, Ansem, Goofy, Donald, Mickey, and Sieg Wahrheit.

My story followed the events in Hollow Bastion just after Ansem discovered the Heartless. It had 13 different perspectives (like something out of SaGa Frontier) and you were able to see events in each scenario that other characters didn't see as there were always times when your party members would disappear and reappear. The main villain was a dark dude from some necrosphere thing, I forget exactly what it was. But it was cool. I don't know where the story is right now, but when I find it, I'll definitely finish it.

You're forced to play as one of three characters to begin with. Each time you beat the game, you unlock a character until the 13th becomes available. In this way, you're earning the right to re-play by beating the game to begin with.

Markus. D
03-27-2006, 12:37 AM
I dont like this idea.

its not right.... to many fans have already made those "FF mixup" type games.

Rengori
03-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Make one. And you'll have to make a Basch sprite while you're at it.
Yeah, make 'em yourself you lazy bum! It's not like spriting is the most impossible thing to do! I mean, even I can do it. That says something.

Shaun
03-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Wow, you're making a BIG mistake. This game won't happen - sorry to burst your bubble. Even if you were to make this game in RPG Maker, which is extremely easy to use, you haven't planned anything. As Meat Puppet said, it sounds like a reality TV show. ;) What's going to be the purpose of this game? How did these characters end up together? You haven't planned anything, and that's it won't work.

You can't just click your fingers and say: "Make FFXIII for me now!"

Well, not in this century, anyway...