PDA

View Full Version : GBA version easier?

boys from the dwarf
03-04-2006, 05:09 PM
ive played most of FF4 but when i go t to the last dungeon the PS1 game player on my PS2 broke.but thats no problem because the GBA version is coming out in england soon. for you who've played it , is it easier than the PS1 version because the FF1 GBA version was definetly easier than the old snes version which to me is a bad thing. is this version easier harder or the same. because FF4 was a hard game at first and it definetly had the most powerful random encounter monsters out of any FF ive played so if the lowered the random encounter difficulty id be very annoyed.

Elpizo
03-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I never palyed the PS1 version of FF IV, but I did play and finish the American version of it (thus 'Final Fantasy II US')

Compared to Final Fantasy II US, it's definitely harder. Let's see... Zeromus' Big Bang in the US version did about 700 to 1200 damage. But the GBA version of Zeromus' Big Bang can kill a character with 2400 hp in one hit, while I was the same lv as when I fought Zeromus in the US version.

And yes, teh random encounters with enemies are also harder.
In the last floors of the Moon's Core most of my characters died each battle with only one surviving. (And I was aroudn lv 57 then.)
And it seems to me the enemies and bosses have more HP than in the US version...

Oh well, at least you have the nice bestiary and music player in the GBA version. :)

boys from the dwarf
03-04-2006, 06:58 PM
im already aware that the american version is easier but what about the anthology version of FF4?im sorry i wasnt very specific at first.

Crossblades
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
The pLaystation version is a lot harder than the SNES and GBA version

boys from the dwarf
03-05-2006, 08:38 AM
do you think you could be a bit more specific about what parts are easier?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-05-2006, 10:07 AM
The ATB system allows you to attack far more often then you used to be able to. For example, you can kill the Myst Dragon before she transforms into her cloud form :\

That's what makes the Advanced version so easy.

boys from the dwarf
03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
thats a shame. are the random encounters still hard?

(CECIL120X
03-06-2006, 10:37 PM
no it depends where your at and what area

Fireblade13
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I definetly dont like the random encounters as it seems for most of the game that u have too much magic and not enough melee.

This being the first set charecters in the series i dont think it was done right and that they should have made the mages tougher cause otherwise u have to buy all these items for stupid MP boosts.

Also I hate ATB it makes it have the ... dare i say it... FFX-2 feeling of hit that x button and soon all will be done.

boys from the dwarf
03-07-2006, 03:53 PM
no it depends where your at and what area
by the question i meant are they still hard as in how hard they were in the anthologies are original version because compared to most FFs the random encounters are very tricky. did they lower the difficulty in comparison to the other versions?

(CECIL120X
03-07-2006, 10:31 PM
yup, so far

Zeromus_X
03-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Yes, Advance is the easiest version I know of. Of course, the extra stuff can be somewhat challenging. :cat:

boys from the dwarf
03-08-2006, 07:24 AM
thats good. ill definetly try the extra dungeon.

Dreddz
03-08-2006, 08:42 PM
The SNES and PS are as hard as each other IMO, never played Advance, but I would imagine it would be toned down and the first two versions were pretty difficult ( especially near the end of the game )

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I was thinking on picking this up soon. And i sorta want it a little bit easier. The PS version was a pain in the butt. Is it just me, or are the newer FFs getting easier than the retros? I beat FF VII without dieing once. They should put like a difficaulty level on these games, you know.

boys from the dwarf
03-09-2006, 07:45 AM
im quite sure that the newer FFs wont be easy but the GBA versions will be turned down. i hope when Square enix come to making FF5 and 6 advanced (if they ever do.) they keep the difficulty the same or make there a hard mode and an easy mode instead of it being only easy.

Awesomeman
03-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah, but VII, IX, and X were easy compared to IV. Too easy.

Captain Maxx Power
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
It's a remake, of course it's easier. Didn't you know? Nostalgia + Improved Engine + Graphics = Easier! Anyone with half an opinion on the past can tell you that.

(CECIL120X
03-09-2006, 11:01 PM
the guys in square enix probably thought it was to hard the first time around:tongue:

Acid Raine
03-22-2006, 03:14 AM
the guys in square enix probably thought it was to hard the first time around:tongue:
The guys in square enix probably didnt care whether it was hard or not. They thought as long as the rereleased it, that it would make money, and they were right.

minki
03-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Not so much "easier" but when you when you compare it to the later FFs like IX, X and *shudder* X-2, FF IV feels so much...simpler than it did on the PSX.