PDA

View Full Version : Moniter Problem

Max
03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Im having a serious problem with my moniter. Every 5 seconds or so, a thin white line goes across the screen. I tried deguass and everything. Everytime it does that, the computer lags a little bit. It is impossible to work like this. What should I do?

rubah
03-04-2006, 08:57 PM
What's your refresh rate set to?

o_O
03-04-2006, 09:06 PM
If the computer lags while the white line is there, I don't think it'd be a monitor problem, unless it's lag in the refresh. Have you got another computer you could try out the monitor on?

crono_logical
03-05-2006, 03:02 AM
If it's affecting the computer, I'd think it'd point more towards the video card or it's drivers :p

Max
03-05-2006, 04:07 AM
How do I find out the refresh rate.

I tried it on my dads laptop, it still makes the white line

I hope to god its not the video card O.o

Samuraid
03-05-2006, 05:04 AM
If the monitor still displays the white line when connected to a different computer, it's likely either the monitor going bad, or the monitor not supporting the refresh rate.

To look up the refresh rate:
- Right-click on the desktop and select "properties"
- On the window the comes up, select the "settings" tab, then press the "advanced" button
- On the next window that comes up, press the "monitor" tab.

Your screen refresh rate should be listed in that window.

Max
03-05-2006, 07:29 PM
It says the refresh rate is 60 Hertz

EDIT: I wouldnt be suprised if it was the moniter going out, considering I got it at good will.

bipper
03-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I had a similar problem going on. Turns out it was processor. My screen would do more of a flash, but the same redraw looking line came up. I would suggest dusting your computer off, and looking at the heatsync, processor fan, and processor for any collection of dust. Dust on the heatsync (on the top side of the processor) is a horid- horid thing.

If you start getting a BSOD (blue screen of death) that does not point to any memory adress, or a fake one (all zeros) then I would say it is your processor overheating. Some motherboards supprt tools that will report the temeture (or will display the temp in your bios). If you can find the tem your precessor is running at, let us know what the temp is, and the type of processr (IE pentium 4 2.4 ghz, or pentium 4 HT 3.2 GHZ)

Try that out, if you want.

Bipper