PDA

View Full Version : response timing

Blank
03-05-2006, 03:04 AM
is a thread not too old if it's still on the page?
like, if it's the last one on the list (at the bottom), is that still new enough to respond to?

or should i check the actual dates? if that's the case, how much time exactly makes it too old?

*a better attitude*

Samuraid
03-05-2006, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure if we have a specific rule (a quicky FAQ search didn't bring up anything). Generally I would consider something over a week or so old, too old.

There are some exceptions though, such as the signature/avatar threads, the album thread, and the map thread. You can post in those regardless of how old the last post is as long as you have something relevant to say.

rubah
03-05-2006, 06:35 AM
if it gets closed after you post in it, it's too old.

I'd say that if it's on the first page, a page being no more than 50 posts, then it'd be okay to reply to.

Leeza
03-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes, rubah, I was going to say that it does all depends on the page as mine is set to 100 threads.

Also, as rubah says, if it gets closed after you post in it, then it's too old. Help threads I really wouldn't close regardless of the age, but the rest are on a case by case basis for me. However, something going on a few months is pushing it and something that has a lot of spam will definitely get closed. A lot of older threads (even a few months) have posts made by members who have already left EoFF so it really doesn't make much sense to get those revived.

-N-
03-05-2006, 09:03 AM
General forums (esp. GC) close after a week or less, I've noticed.