PDA

View Full Version : Leblanc's Dressphere

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
i don't know if anyone has realised or thought of this but i think leblanc has a dressphere, and i think it's lady luck

Think about it, she has the heart on her chest and what do the gullwings have on their chests? not boobs u dirty minded people, but a spade, club, and diamond, making all 4 sets

plus there are other similarities such as the long dresses which seem to be missing bits

maybe i'm jus lettin my imagination run away with me, but it think that either leblanc was designed with the lady luck dressphere in mind, or that the lady luck dressphere was drawn from leblanc.

anyone else's opinion?

TheSpoonyBard
03-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I think it was confirmed a while ago that Leblanc is wearing the fourth Lady Luck suit.

Tavrobel
03-05-2006, 09:54 PM
They were probably developed at the same time, with the same idea in mind. It's not comfirmable wether the creators were doing this deliberately, or not (although it does now seem like they were). However, she must be using at least one dress-sphere, because Rikku and Paine told Leblanc at the beginning of the game to:

Give back Yunie's dress-sphere!

BG-57
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
The biggest difference is she fights with a fan instead of cards, but it's most likely that she's wearing the fourth 'suit'.

On the topic of the stolen dressphere, Leblanc was able to take on Yuna's appearance in addition to her clothing. So would she have looked like Rikku if she had stolen Rikku's dressphere instead?

Little Blue
03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
On the topic of the stolen dressphere, Leblanc was able to take on Yuna's appearance in addition to her clothing. So would she have looked like Rikku if she had stolen Rikku's dressphere instead?
That's what I call a plot hole, or at least a screw up. Any one using songstress would look like lenne, anyone using the black mage sphere might look like Maechen, people using the White mage ds should look like the person who recorded that scene, etc. I don't quite think SE thought that part through thoroughly, preferring to go for "Oh she looks like Yuna, but she's not, heheheheheheheh, PWNED" aspect...

DeathKnight
03-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah..Leblanc's outfit looks a lot like Lady Luck's. hmmmmmmmmm that's why she's always throwing kisses and being so hopeful and such. Wow I didn't even think 'bout it 'till now.:exdee:

Yuna_wannabe
03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
i never actually thought about it before i just thought it was really slutty but i think you are right it really makes sence. Especially considering what you said about the spade , dimand and club and no heart.

TheSpoonyBard
03-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Has anyone wondered why Shinra had the Lady Luck DS? What does he do with it?

Tavrobel
03-06-2006, 01:39 AM
He keeps it to spite the rest of the Gullwings, if you let him win it. Before that, Rin has it, because he is offering it as a prize. Shinra probably enjoys feeding his sick and twisted little mind.

Rikkugrl12
03-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Thats a good piont,though what would Kisses and every thing have to do with a dresshere that uses the 'Gamble' you dont kiss or any thing when whearing that ds.But that is a good piont though. :-? :-))

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
in regards to the opening sequence, rikku says "gives us back yunie's GARMENT GRID" not dressphere, i think thats y she looks like yuna, maybe wen u get new garment grids u set them to look like u, n the dresspheres just hav the clothes . . . i'm thinkin bout this too much! :D

HowlingMonkey
03-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes. Also, Ormi is a Samurai and Logos is a Gun Mage. I think I got those two the right way round.

BG-57
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
EDIT: You can get the Vanguard Garment Grid back on the Celcius after the mission is over. But I still don't understand how Leblanc can imitate Yuna's appearance.

For some reason, Dresspheres seem to have tripartite traits. Every one that you receive or pick up looks like a single sphere, but all three girls can equip the same one at the same time. Even the Floral Fallal, Machina Maw and Full Throttle Dresspeheres are divided into thirds.

Logos strikes me as a Gunner more than a Gun Mage.

HowlingMonkey
03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Logos strikes me as a Gunner more than a Gun Mage.

Does Logos wear hot pants and display lots of cleavage? Besides, I think those three are meant to be different to the default YRP girls.

BG-57
03-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Does Logos wear hot pants and display lots of cleavage? Besides, I think those three are meant to be different to the default YRP girls.

I don't follow you. Are you suggesting that Gunners can only be female, while Gun Mages can be male or female? :confused:

HowlingMonkey
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Nope, I'm saying that Logos is wearing something much closer to the gun mage outfit than the gunner outfit.

Markus. D
03-09-2006, 10:23 AM
gun mages use magical bullets attained from foes.

and Logos is more of a null elemental, thus he suits the gunner class.

both of them look more like gieshas anyway :\

4evarisha
03-22-2006, 03:31 AM
Leblanc's dress sphere is a lady luck dress spere.

mega_tonberry
03-22-2006, 05:18 AM
I always thought the developers made her outfit like that so somebody paying close attention could see it. It doesn't have any influence on the story, its just an interesting detail.

Social Moon Firesky
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Has anyone wondered why Shinra had the Lady Luck DS? What does he do with it?

He uses it, of course! :p