PDA

View Full Version : Origins difficulty?

Zeromus_X
03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
So, would Origins be considered to have the same difficulty level as the original?

Also, do the added things like button selection, cancel dash, and what-not make the game easier? Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on that.:cat:

And, this could apply to FFI Normal mode as well.

DJZen
03-06-2006, 12:19 AM
The Origins version is easier, but if you beat it you can unlock the original difficulty. As far as the "added features"...

Dash does not make the game any easier, but it makes catching the chocobo laughably easy. Not that this was ever terribly hard in the first place.

The select cancel trick was in the original, so it's kinda moot.

Auto-targetting also doesn't make the game much easier, but it does make battles a little more mindless. This can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

FFI's features in Origins did a lot to make the game easier (reviving/de-stoning in battle is the most obvious), but FFII's didn't cause a huge drop in difficulty.

Rengori
03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
TOO FREAKIN' EASY! WHAT TE HELL WERE YOU SMOKING WHEN YOU PORTED THIS SQUARE?

PresZidane
03-19-2006, 09:54 PM
The hardest part is SoR

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
If you use Easy, the game is in no way as hard as the original Famicom. As for Normal, I think it's fairly close to the difficulty...unless you use a lot of Memos and the dash function...that is, for FF1.

I think FF2 has no difficulty option, so yeah, it's easier.

Evastio
03-26-2006, 12:59 AM
The difficulty of the PS and NES versions are the same. Except the PS version has auto-targeting an more item space. :)

Blank
07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
The difficulty of the PS and NES versions are the same. Except the PS version has auto-targeting an more item space. :)
how are you so sure? that said, is FFII WICKED hard? i know FFIV (or atleast the re-released version with fmv's) is designed to be very hard - that you literally have to power level to beat it.

is ff2 like that? or is it reasonable? can you scale it's difficulty to another FF for me like 1 Origins, or 7 thru 10-2 (games ive beaten)?

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 10:45 PM
FFII is often tedious, but I wouldn't call it necessarily difficult. You just run out of items alot and have to walk through a very lengthly dungeon, made even more so by trying to complete the item collection (at least in Origins).

On the Famicom, probably even more tedious. (You have to walk, etc.)

As compared to later FFs, well, after V they kinda lost any difficulty, really. (Abusable systems, free items and healing, and whatever-else-have-you.) I'd say it's probably one of the 'tougher' ones in the series. (I still think III is the only truly difficult one, for reasons I've stated in other threads.)

And the wacky equipment. wtf was with the way they handled that. I usually look forward to getting anything with 'Genji' in the title, not the other way around.

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 08:57 AM

Are there even other differences in terms of difficulty between the Origins and NES versions? The weapons and spells leveling up were just as horribly slow as in NES and the monsters are the same too. I think Queen Lamia was harder in WSC and PSX than in NES. Battles are faster in PSX since the numbers pop up above the characters' heads and multi-targeted spells hit everyone at the same time rather than one at a time like in NES. This doesn't make the Origins version easier, but somewhat more tolerable.

Blank
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM

Are there even other differences in terms of difficulty between the Origins and NES versions? The weapons and spells leveling up were just as horribly slow as in NES and the monsters are the same too. I think Queen Lamia was harder in WSC and PSX than in NES. Battles are faster in PSX since the numbers pop up above the characters' heads and multi-targeted spells hit everyone at the same time rather than one at a time like in NES. This doesn't make the Origins version easier, but somewhat more tolerable.
this good stuff said, is FFII Origins an awesome and enjoyable remake like FFI Origins? i personally think FFI Origins is amazing because of the revamped graphics and retouched names for everything. i would never play the NES FFI.

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, I'd say it's enjoyable, if you don't want to play the NES version.

druinmaster
07-24-2006, 04:55 AM
all the changes can be turned off except the graphics so there is no real change after the original diffuculty is unlocked.............the same goes for FF1 including life and stuff like that in battle