PDA

View Full Version : lol I suck at Blitzball

Crossblades
03-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I know that I need to play Blitzball many times in order to get World Champion and the rest of Wakka's Overdrive reels. But I can't win at Blitzball. I can't even score a single point:p

I find this kind of funny really. So any advice?

Tavrobel
03-06-2006, 05:33 PM
You should set the control to Manual A, and whenever you get the ball, control the characters, based on screen position (which is also the form used in sports games, not based on the mini-map). The best thing that helps is Jecht shot (on the SS Winno), and Brother, who is a good mid-fielder, and the fastest character, for now. Learn how to use Mark (which lets you learn techniques). The most important ones to learn are key techniques, which let you learn more techniques, and shooting techniques for Brother/other offensive players. (Tidus has Jecht Shot). Defense players should learn the good tackles, such as Poison and Wither (sleep is ok, but it goes away if you score).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
really simple really easy just dont overcomplicate it. from the start u wil either hav the ball or the other guy will get it, if he does dont worry cos 3 people minimum will attack him (this is normal formation) once u hav the ball swim straight down the middle then press square just before a guy intercepts. u shudnt hav him tacklin u then. pass to tidus (LF) who can swim as close as he can to the goal. u shudnt get more than 3 people on u if u get 3 press square before u get 4. let them tackle u till theres 2 left n use jecht shot (BOOM!!! GOAL 1!!!) then grab the ball n sit in ur net n theyll leave u alone. yeh u herd me right,. just leave him n get a cuppa or sumthin.

Jecht Shot
03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
What they said. Another tip: pass the ball a lot. This helps get your guys experience, which is important. You don't want one of your players falling behind in levels, or his stats won't be able to compete with the other team's. So try to get experience for all your guys, if you can. The best way I've found to do this is using Tech passes. You get more xp for completed tech passes, whether you're being defended or not. Also, the higher the version of the tech pass, the more xp you get from it. Like I think you get 3 xp for each completed Venom Pass 2, and 2 xp for each completed Venom Pass 1. You get even more xp if your pass (or attack tech, for that matter) effects another player. Like if you use Venom Pass 2, and it poisons your defender, you'd get even more xp from that. Passing also helps you advance the ball toward the goal. If you don't have confidence in your guy's ability to break through defenders or pass past them, pass the ball before a defender gets upon you. Which also brings me to this:

Know your guy's stats and abilities, and the other team's. For example, know if Botta has enough Endurance to get past their forward's attack. If he doesn't, you'll wanna know if he has enough Passing to get past their forward's block. Don't forget that some techs add to your passing skill, so you can factor that in. And, if you have a player that has lots of endurance or passing skill, you can use him to draw off two or more defenders to open up one of your guys! Here's another example: my Letty has really high passing skill. Much higher than the BL ability of anybody on the other team. Combined with Venom Pass 2, his PA ability is that much higher. So, since he can pass through a couple of guys and still complete the pass, I'll have him swim around one guy and get his attention. Then I'll have him swim around a player that is guarding the guy I wanna free up, and get his attention. I'll have two guys then swimming after Letty, which will make, say, Datto wide open for a shot.

-TIDUS-
03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Another thing you might want to do is trade some of your crappy players for some better ones. You can find them throughout Spira, I think you press square or something and it shows you there blitzball attributes if they are able to play it.

Dreddz
03-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Just keep playing, you will slowly get better players and you should be able to win ( most ) matches easily. Although, no matter how high you get you players stats up to, getting Wakka's overdrive is very hard.

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-07-2006, 03:37 AM
practice and luck is all the advice i can give.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-07-2006, 11:24 AM
personally i din't change my players, i kept the besaid aurochs n i stil pwned :D besides havin the aurochs makes wakka's special technique better

boys from the dwarf
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
i keep all of the original aurochs + characters like wakka and rin because they are o.k. but when you play enough matches eventually some players contracts will expire meaning that you can get them on your team if you find them in luca.this is how i got one of the best luca goers players on my team.

Dell
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
i too the lamest blitzball player at first but once I played it long, I get to realises my potential (I should be the champion). send any ball to Tidus and let him go near enemy goal. make sure your enemy are lower than three then releases your Jecht Shot. (take note that this skill does not always work).

Lost Number
03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
I never had problems with Blitz. I ALWAYS won. I dont know how.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-11-2006, 01:00 AM
WOOOHOOO ROCK ON! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SUCKS AT BLITZBALL!! i mean yeah i rock at it every now and then but wakka's team sucks sooo bad!!!(IM SORRY WAKKA i love you much i didnt mean it i swear!!!!)

kaoru_kaidoh102
03-11-2006, 05:50 PM
My advice is to get rid of Keepa in Aurochs!
I really hate him!! He made me always loses to the Psyches in couple of times!

Get JUMAL in substitute of Keepa. He's the one who is sitting on the bench in Luca Square. He's better than Keepa....

Crop
03-11-2006, 06:22 PM
My advice is to get rid of Keepa in Aurochs!
I really hate him!! He made me always loses to the Psyches in couple of times!

omg! Keepa in goal was my ultimate player. The best keeper in the leauge.

TheSpoonyBard
03-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Keepa [...] The best keeper in the leauge.
No, that would be Nimrook.

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Nimrook but not Keepa, of course.