PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Crehan89
03-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I have both Playstations and both Xbox's, and to be honest with you im only keeping my psone (the little whiteish one) so i can play ff where-ever i choose with my screen. I love my 360 and im chuffed to bits with it, apart from one thing, now ff11 is on it can you see any future ff's going on it like 13? If there is going to be a 13? Opinions please!

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 05:54 PM
FFXIII will be released for PS3 would be my guess. XBox does not do well in Japan where the majority of FF sales come from...by at least a 3:1 ratio of world wide sales. FFXI is an online game and would appeal to the western audience a bit more...that and it was released on the PC which makes adapting it to the 360 a whole lot less cumbersome.

~SapphireStar~
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
XBox does not do well in Japan where the majority of FF sales come from...
So would you agree and say that the Playstation consoles are by far more popular in Japan? I agree with FFXIII being a PS3 release.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 06:23 PM
So would you agree and say that the Playstation consoles are by far more popular in Japan? I agree with FFXIII being a PS3 release.

Why wouldn't I? I didn't say anything to the contrary of that.

~SapphireStar~
03-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Im not having a go, Im asking if you agree that Japan prefers the PS series to the XBox series.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Yes. I would say that. I am still confuzzled though.

~SapphireStar~
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry bout that :D

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I think the real answer to that question is far more complicated than yes or no though. I would really say they prefer the games on the PS2 over games on the XBox or Gamecube. If those games were on the other systems I would say they would be the prefered system of choice in the Land of the Rising Fun. But then you get to have fun with Japans Xenocentricness and other crap like that and turn into a 30 BRAZILLION page paper. :D

Dreddz
03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Im actually pretty annoyed that FFXI has gone to the Xbox, I always liked certain Gaming Franchises to stick with a specific Company, gives the Console more character in a way. Halo is Microsofts, Zelda is Nintendo's and Final Fantasy is Sony's.
Im not that annoyed, seeing as FFXIII will more than likely come to the PS3.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
You statement is fully of...dumbassery. Nintendo actually OWNS Zelda just as Microsoft actually OWNS Halo. Sony does NOT OWN FF.

starseeker
03-06-2006, 07:01 PM
The first 3 FF games were on purley nintendo systems, the next 3 (IV-VI) were on a console developed by sony and nintendo and the newest games are on a pirely sony system, so it could easily change but I doubt it.

Erdrick Holmes
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Final Fantasy games sell better here than they do in Japan.

Anyway, I don't see why FF should stick to one console, not everybody can afford to have all three consoles (even current Gen ones). I mean it's cool to see XI getting in on the 360 but I think the 360 should get ports of more Japanese RPGs, once sales of it get better that is.

It's also a bad idea to put a popular franchise like FF on the 360 concidering how poorly it sells.

Dreddz
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
You statement is fully of...dumbassery. Nintendo actually OWNS Zelda just as Microsoft actually OWNS Halo. Sony does NOT OWN FF.
Well, you know what I meant, I guess I shouldnt of said own, but each of these Franchises should stay with each of the consoles.
Even though Halo and Zelda most definately will, lets hope FF does as well.

MecaKane
03-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Final Fantasy games sell better here than they do in Japan.
I don't know why you'd think that, Final Fantasy is an RPG, and RPGs generally do better in Japan than other places.

Anyway, I don't see why FF should stick to one console, not everybody can afford to have all three consoles (even current Gen ones). I mean it's cool to see XI getting in on the 360 but I think the 360 should get ports of more Japanese RPGs, once sales of it get better that is.
You have to make choices in life, you can't have every third party game be developed for all consoles, it'd cost way too much for the developers and would remove a lot of the features of the system. Only Sony games can be over 4GB, only Microsoft games can use live, only Ninteno games can use that freaky controler? Doesn't sound good to me.

Agent Proto
03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I think the reason why FFXI has been released for XBox 360 is because of the XBox Live feature. However, I really doubt Square Enix will release other FFs for the 360.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 09:16 PM

If I am not mistaken, only 2 FF games have broken 1 million copies in the States...maybe 3. Those would be FFVII-IX. Their respective sales in Japan topped 3 Million for both VII and VIII but I am unsure of FFIX.

FF is really the only really good selling JRPG in the states. Others have done alright Xenosaga I sold very well with over 400K and actually challenged the Japan sales of the game. Most are never that close and most usually sell 1/4th of what they do over there.

A game like KotoR sold far better here but that is because it is a different type of RPG and they don't really dig that...that and it has the Star Wars name on it.

Yew-Yevon
03-06-2006, 11:35 PM
my friend owns a 360 and its constantly chrashing and freezing on him....my PS2 is still working in top condition ever since i got it four and a half years ago...360 dosnt look too promising.

Crehan89
03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
my friend owns a 360 and its constantly chrashing and freezing on him....my PS2 is still working in top condition ever since i got it four and a half years ago...360 dosnt look too promising.

Tell him to ring the customer support and they send a courier around to your house, you put it in a box, you seal it, the courier takes it to Microsofts disrtibution centre and when they recieve it they send you a brand spnking new one. Mine broke on me, i did that and now it is better then ever.

Also i spoke to the manager who works in my local GAME and he said the majority of PS2 when released where broken! He said only around a couple of people rung his store complaining about their consoles!

Thanks for all your opinions guys/girls keep them coming!

bipper
03-10-2006, 04:01 PM
/sigh. every new generation of a product often has issues that result from rushing, and not testing enough. This problem is ever prevelant in the Computer Tech and electrocis area, as it takes time to make and launch a product - espescially when you need to keep redoing plans over minor changes.

Newarly any industry will suffer from first generation issues. Just deal with em. The fact that PS2, and Xbox 360 were both rushed is simply what made the frist Gen Release suck. The PS3 will prolly suffer the same issues, as Sony is now Out sourced, and the speed in which they can peice things together now has a new varient that is out of thier controll: The speed at which the other company works and communicates. Expect problems there as well. What do you do, Pioneers always have it rough. Ya don't like it, get off the wagon, pilgrim.

Well, you know what I meant, I guess I shouldnt of said own, but each of these Franchises should stay with each of the consoles.
Even though Halo and Zelda most definately will, lets hope FF does as well. I would like to see final fantasy on the Nintendo as well. Sony can have crash.. :p
bip

Erdrick Holmes
03-10-2006, 05:13 PM
That's the thing about most early model PS2s, whether it was intentional or unintentional for it to happen but all of the old ones will at some point refuse to read discs. Thank the maker new model ones have a lower chance of that to happen.

Samuraid
03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, consider yourself very fortunate if you have a PS2 from the first few generations that is still working without needing repair. The first generations had some significant design flaws.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2006, 06:43 PM
My PS2 finally stopped reading DVDs. I plan to take it apart tonight and fix this little problem :D

Crehan89
03-11-2006, 08:08 AM
My PS2 finally stopped reading DVDs. I plan to take it apart tonight and fix this little problem :D

good luck i opened mine up once and it was full of DUST. CHUNCKS of the stuff. And the parts all confused me, hope you know what your doing!:confused:

edczxcvbnm
03-12-2006, 06:58 AM

good luck i opened mine up once and it was full of DUST. CHUNCKS of the stuff. And the parts all confused me, hope you know what your doing!:confused:

I don't think it matters if I know what I am doing right now. It doesn't work...what is the worst that can happen? I break it...wait. It already is broken.

In all seriousness I did dismantle the thing and while I am still searching for the voltage screws for the laser. At this point I am just wondering how I could have ever missed them.

Oh yeah...like most things you take apart...I have managed to have one extra screw left after I put everything back together >_<

Dreddz
03-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Ok, the same thing happened to me edczxcvbnm, I do recommend taking your PS2 apart. If you are getting DRE's. All you need to do is take the cover off then the cover protecting where the discs go in, open the tray and turn your PS2 off, behind the Disc tray is a white dial, turn it clockwise 2 clicks and check to see if your games are working then. They should all be working fine after that.
My PS2 was making all these clicking noises and I was getting DRE's alot, now it works better than I first got it.
http://www.gamingworldx.com/features/PlayStation2DiscReadErrorDRERepairGuide.shtml
This guide explains it in full.
I really hate Sony for making shoddy lasers, seriously. I loce them and hate them, its so odd.

Lionx
03-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Just to say, the reason FFXI wasnt on Xbox now is because of Xbox LIVE, on the new one somehow they can bypass that so they will run POL independantly.

Crehan89
03-12-2006, 10:32 AM

I don't think it matters if I know what I am doing right now. It doesn't work...what is the worst that can happen? I break it...wait. It already is broken.

In all seriousness I did dismantle the thing and while I am still searching for the voltage screws for the laser. At this point I am just wondering how I could have ever missed them.

Oh yeah...like most things you take apart...I have managed to have one extra screw left after I put everything back together >_<

well i really did'nt have a clue what i was doing so i just took it apart blew the dust out and mine worked.

edczxcvbnm
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Dreddz: Thanks for you attempt but that is not right for me. I found a great guide for what I need. You guide ONLY explains how to take it apart and clean the laser lens. My PS2 reads CDs like a dream. The white dial trick is for early model PS2.

I have a voltage problem.

Crehan89: I see. Mine was not very dusty on the inside. The only dust was spiderwebs in the expansion bay slot...OH NOES!

fantasyjunkie
03-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Do any of you fine people know when the 360 will start being availible to just walk in and grab one? Almost April and i havent even seen one yet :confused:

Crehan89
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Do any of you fine people know when the 360 will start being availible to just walk in and grab one? Almost April and i havent even seen one yet :confused:

My local game store has them in stock on a regular basis! When i laast went in they had a fair few, but of course they go quick, but that was about a week and a half ago, just ring your local store and put your name down for one

edczxcvbnm
03-13-2006, 03:41 PM

My local game store has them in stock on a regular basis! When i laast went in they had a fair few, but of course they go quick, but that was about a week and a half ago, just ring your local store and put your name down for one

Wrong country. Things work differently over here.

Microsoft dropped the ball so bad that I would say unless you call a store everyday to find out if they have them then you might be SOL until next christmas when the buzz will be on PS3 and Revolution.

Also I can't get my PS2 to work. I will just buy a new one when the price drops...probably around E3...if not then I will just pick up a new one ASAP.

theundeadhero
03-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I was talking to the local game store owner today and he was saying how sensitive the 360 was. If your playing a game and the 360 gets moved around it's going to put a ring around the game you were playing and permanently ruin it :(

Samuraid
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, it's due to the high rotational velocity of the disc and the imbalance caused by tipping the console. Any system with high disc speeds can suffer from that. I read somewhere that the 360's manual clearly warns not to tip the console while in operation. People just don't read manuals. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Im actually pretty annoyed that FFXI has gone to the Xbox, I always liked certain Gaming Franchises to stick with a specific Company, gives the Console more character in a way. Halo is Microsofts, Zelda is Nintendo's and Final Fantasy is Sony's.
Im not that annoyed, seeing as FFXIII will more than likely come to the PS3.

As edczxcvbnm said, Sony does not own Final Fantasy. I also highly doubt that FFXIII is going to the 360. Also, I think Square-Enix works with both Nintendo and Sony, last I checked.

Vyk
03-16-2006, 10:29 AM
If you're in the US, my local EB was talking about taking pre-orders for 360s again, for the shipment coming in April. So I'm guessing that's Microsoft's next batch.

Yew-Yevon
03-16-2006, 04:45 PM
My PS2 is an old modle but it works like heaven. All I do is dust it now and then so it dosent heat up too much...also I take extream care of my games (I think only two of them have not even faint scrach marks. and I have 14 games) it a matter of treating your equipment with respect.

Vyk
03-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Ironically, I have the opposite experience. My PS2 (which wasn't even first generation. I got it at least a year after the release) a year or so ago started bugging out. Didn't get disc read errors, but you could tell it was having trouble reading the disks. The graphics turned to haphazard crap and the audio quit syncing up with the visuals. Everything was buggy and slow as hell. Playing a PS1 game, it'd sound horrible for some reason. I eventually gave up and shelved it. Then a ton of good PS2 games started coming out, so I got desperate and was gonna buy another PS2. But figured I'd check mine out one last time. While setting it up I wound up knocking it over. Which I suppose coincidentally managed to re-align the laser or something. It's worked great ever since. So if your hardware tries to mess with you, beat it up a little :D

bipper
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Seeing how sony is going third party for more parts, I wonder if the PS3 will rock, and how bad it will suffer. We can already see this in the release date dance.

Bipper:mad:

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
My PS2 is an old modle but it works like heaven. All I do is dust it now and then so it dosent heat up too much...also I take extream care of my games (I think only two of them have not even faint scrach marks. and I have 14 games) it a matter of treating your equipment with respect.

Normally I would agree but when Sony loses a class action lawsuit because they make defective hardware I must strongly disagree with you and say it is their fault.

Maxico
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
As edczxcvbnm said, Sony does not own Final Fantasy. I also highly doubt that FFXIII is going to the 360. Also, I think Square-Enix works with both Nintendo and Sony, last I checked.

If I remember correctly SquareSoft Signed an exclusivity deal with Sony after their movie bombed. Along with Sony buying a significant amount of SquareSoft.

I guess that went out the window when they merged with Enix.

Crehan89
03-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, it's due to the high rotational velocity of the disc and the imbalance caused by tipping the console. Any system with high disc speeds can suffer from that. I read somewhere that the 360's manual clearly warns not to tip the console while in operation. People just don't read manuals. :p

YES it does say that quite clearly, i read the manuals to every console i buy that was im pretty sure i won't mess it up

edczxcvbnm
03-17-2006, 03:19 PM

If I remember correctly SquareSoft Signed an exclusivity deal with Sony after their movie bombed. Along with Sony buying a significant amount of SquareSoft.

I guess that went out the window when they merged with Enix.

They signed no exclusitvity deal but Sony did buy 19.x% of square...which is now about 8.x% of sqenix thanks to the merger. Sony is just a share holder and never had any control. If I remember correctly, Square turned down Nintendos efforts to buy a fair amount of stock after the movie bombed to wait for Sony...I could be very wrong on that though.