PDA

View Full Version : Spore Video

Dignified Pauper
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=spore

this is bound to be the best game ever.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Why is everyone suddenly discovering all this information and video about the game now. All of this stuff is a year old.

Dreddz
03-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Well, i still think its going to be crap.

Shlup
03-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Why is everyone suddenly discovering all this information and video about the game now. All of this stuff is a year old.
That's what I was thinking. One of my friends posted this in his LJ the other day and was telling me about it at a party. I was like "Oh, Spore? I almost forgot about that it was so long ago I saw it." xP

But, yes, this game with rock the bitches socks.

here for a limited time
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
whats that? lame.....

Shlup
03-06-2006, 10:16 PM
whats that? lame.....
*ban*

KentaRawr!
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Never heard of this thing. o_O

Captain Maxx Power
03-06-2006, 10:37 PM
I've been following the progess of Spore for sometime, and heard a report from that talk a while ago. I've never been a huge fan of Will Wright's work, but from watching that video it's obvious that he knows what he's talking about, and I think he's really going to tear the world of gaming open with this. The idea of procedural-based worlds created by other players is so simple yet so ingenious. The thing that made me laugh was when he kept zooming out...and out...and out...and BAM galaxy to work with. Incredible stuff.

KentaRawr!
03-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I've been following the progess of Spore for sometime, and heard a report from that talk a while ago. I've never been a huge fan of Will Wright's work, but from watching that video it's obvious that he knows what he's talking about, and I think he's really going to tear the world of gaming open with this. The idea of procedural-based worlds created by other players is so simple yet so ingenious. The thing that made me laugh was when he kept zooming out...and out...and out...and BAM galaxy to work with. Incredible stuff.

The video didn't load yet for me, but is that true? That the players can make the worlds?

Wow. o_O That's so cool. But what is IN these worlds? Hmm...

Edit: Oh. Cute looking carnivors. I should have guessed.

edczxcvbnm
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
But not just any cute looking carnivores...your cute little carnivors that you design and evolve. You give them their solical structures and way of life. Then you can colonize the universe...or take it over.

The thing I like about it is you kind of get to play the history of PC games.

Pac-man
RTS games
Civilization games
Sim games

It is all there. It is going to be awesome.

Necronopticous
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, this is really old news but I am still eagerly awaiting the finished product, I have extremely high hopes for this game.

XxSephirothxX
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd heard about it before, and was optimistic, but I didn't see the video until last week. It looks extremely impressive, but I can't help but think it's too much for one game.

KentaRawr!
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
The thing I like about it is you kind of get to play the history of PC games.

Pac-man
RTS games
Civilization games
Sim games

It is all there. It is going to be awesome.

What about Doom? Can't be a gaming PC without Doom. Just imagine, running around a dark maze without a flash-light, and then getting eaten by who Will Wright calls "Butt-Face". :)

Seriously though, I think this is pretty darned cool. And the technology could be used in alot of games. :cool:

edczxcvbnm
03-07-2006, 12:36 AM
My theory is they are trying to find a way to put Doom in the game...which is why it still isn't out yet.

Markus. D
03-07-2006, 12:52 AM
it looks alright..

I cant get off this feeling that I have played a very similar game....

Jebus
03-07-2006, 06:50 AM
*drools*

I heard about the game years ago, but I just saw the video today. I LOVE sim/god games, and this looks like it could top all of them. I can't wait till the fall.

Shlup
03-07-2006, 06:57 AM
and then getting eaten by who Will Wright calls "Butt-Face". :)
Who doesn't call him that? His face is a butt. xD

Maxico
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM

Because it was linked to on the VGCats front page, I'm guessing.

DMKA
03-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I saw that video a couple weeks ago. I didn't watch it all the way through because I'm on dialup but what I saw of it didn't look very interesting.

Markus. D
03-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I reckon it looks fun. ^____^

Pheesh
03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
it looks great. The kind of game that you could just play again and again.

Stay Super
GG

Madame Adequate
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I've been waiting for Spore for a very long time. I still am. Happily. I know Will will make an excellent game here - think about it. This is the guy who's given us Sim City and The Sims. This looks even more insanely awesome.

DMKA
03-08-2006, 05:22 PM
This is the guy who's given us Sim City and The Sims.
No wonder it looks so boring.