PDA

View Full Version : WHOA!!

Jessweeee♪
03-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Geez...I just got a new Turbo controller and I thought: Hey, now that I have Ammo Refine why don't I test this out on some fast ammo for Irvine?

and...with my superior junctioning...I can defeat most bosses in one character's turn...
it was like
bppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppt!!!
numbers all over the place...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
can you explain what this turbo controller is
port regulator mobiletype <---- bit daft

Jessweeee♪
03-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Mine is a controller with a turbo button on it. I hold a button down and press the turbo button so as long as that is on, if I hold that button down it'll be like tapping on it repeatedly...really, really fast...
(geez...just when i think of something for the FFVIII things characters would never say, those idiots get it deleted...)

vampirepiggyhunter7
03-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Woah!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-06-2006, 11:16 PM
does it work for Boost as well?

Jhei
03-06-2006, 11:27 PM
^It might work, but remember that you can't press non-stop while on Boost. There's a period of time where an X appears on the symbol of the button, which means that you can't press Square at that time.

Necronopticous
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I was born with the ability of two turbo controllers working simultaneously. It's called gamer fingers, who needs a turbo controller? You should see me down soda at the millenial fair.

Ramza Beoulve
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
A turbo controller, is not that marvelous, it is a common for the people who wants a easy game, but a real gamer, one with passion for the game, even brokes this hands making that all for him/herself.

My brother use one for every game, and yes, you can use it in the boost and get the 255 in all the GFs, but if you press it all the time, you're going back.

I prefer my hands and fight with the will and desire of victory. Any turbo controller can't beat that. (sorry, oldschool gamer)

Ryushikaze
03-07-2006, 03:36 AM
There are two differing forms of turbo controllers. There's the Press and Stay, in which you set the button and it fires til you un-turbo it, then there's press and fire, which allows you to hot key any- and sometimes all- buttons to autofire, so that they autofire only when pressed. The latter could be used for Boost, though you should still play it safe.

And no, I generally do not endorse Autofire controllers and the like, especially not in comp play, but damn are the fun sometimes.

Mo-Nercy
03-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I have one. It comes in very handy for Trigger Happy in FFX-2 but there's not much else I need to use it for.

Captain Maxx Power
03-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I was born with the ability of two turbo controllers working simultaneously. It's called gamer fingers, who needs a turbo controller? You should see me down soda at the millenial fair.

I've developed "gaming finger" myself. I've been clocked at over 300+ shots per minute on arcade shooting games. Turbo controllers are for wimps.

Levian
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Yeah, it's all about the skillz. I totally pwn those sodas.

Future Esthar
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Do you finish Ulti´s battle quickly?

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I just got the controller when I started a new game, so no I haven't fought her yet. but it's a bit fast anyway so I'm sure it will be.

I'm trying very hard not to ruin my hands because i want to be able to use them for more than 15 years. I'm already doing too many things that increase the chances of getting carpal tunnel, and i don't want to waste it on a FFVIII character i never use anyway. As for boost, its pretty good if you can time it right, but its pretty hard and not worth it because i don't summon much. and I think i'm allowed to cheat after playing through it so many times!!!
geez i hate it when people look down on others who cheat on VIDEOGAMES!!!

Ramza Beoulve
03-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I think i'm allowed to cheat after playing through it so many times!!!
geez i hate it when people look down on others who cheat on VIDEOGAMES!!!

Well, sorry, but you say the exact thing we are against too (well, maybe the half of the forum): Cheat.

If you have problems to get through something, just try it again, but if you want to CHEAT, is your choice

*~Angel Wing~*
03-08-2006, 01:45 AM
(geez...just when i think of something for the FFVIII things characters would never say, those idiots get it deleted...)
I know...my thread...:kaocry: CURSE YOU LEEZA!!! :hot: I should really start another one...anyway, sounds like a pretty cool controller!!! :)

boys from the dwarf
03-08-2006, 07:35 AM
thats a realy cheap way to do things. turbo is pretty much a cheat. rely on you own speed and skill when playing games because using fast shot+turbo to kill bosses off in one shot is so cheap and no fun at all.

Beyond
03-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Wah wah, cheating this, mad skilz that, whine complain.
A Turbo controller is much like a hearing aid; it lets people experience something better than they normally would be able to. A lot of people don't have enough dexterity in their hands to bash a lone button repeatedly. It's no more cheating than wearing glasses to see the TV screen properly while playing.

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2006, 10:46 PM
A Turbo controller is much like a hearing aid; it lets people experience something better than they normally would be able to. A lot of people don't have enough dexterity in their hands to bash a lone button repeatedly. It's no more cheating than wearing glasses to see the TV screen properly while playing.

^I agree, except maybe a Turbo Controller is just a bit too much, and are videogames really supposed to be an athletic challenge? (of course, pressing buttons is hardly an athletic feat)...

Look, after beating the game so many times, would you find it so wrong (by your own opinion of cheating) to have a little fun and cheat? I say there's nothing wrong with that, especially when the game's so easy without cheats, and I haven't even brought out the GS. I love that Junction System...

Anywho...it looks cool even if you don't like cheating. I'm gonna try it on Trigger Happy next. It really came in handy when going to the missle base. I HATE having to push that thing! and when Quistis keeps blabbing about how to Junction.

Beyond
03-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Pressing buttons isn't an athletic feat? When was the last time you managerd to boost Quetzacoatl to 250? I know I've never managed it. Yet there's at least one person somewhere who can make that claim legitimately. As for a Turbo controller being too much, refer to the analogies in my previous post. Are hearing aids too much? What about glasses? I didn't think so.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with cheating once you've beaten the game. In fact, I'd argue that there's nothing wrong with it at all. All the people who say "omg you did by using gameshark YOUR STUPID" are people who don't realise that not everyone has the time/patience to spend 50 hours getting a single item. And the fun part is cheating can become beneficial. Doing crazy stuff by hacking game memory can be even more fun than the game itself. Hell, no one's stopping you from making the game harder for a better challenge, are they?

Ramza Beoulve
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with cheating once you've beaten the game.
Yeah, but after you've beaten the game, and still... I think there's more fun enjoying the original being of the game, is like if I was saying "I use the Konami Trick every time I can", but I then realize I really did the game too easy

And the fun part is cheating can become beneficial.
Yeah, but you suffer the risk of making the game too easy, and then loose the fun part.

But do whatever you want :)

Beyond
03-11-2006, 02:10 AM
I think there's more fun enjoying the original being of the game
All the people who say "omg you did by using gameshark YOUR STUPID" are people who don't realise that not everyone has the time/patience to spend 50 hours getting a single item.

Yeah, but you suffer the risk of making the game too easy, and then loose the fun part.
So what if it's easy? As long as it's fun (surprisingly, not everyone considers the same things "fun" as you do) for the person doing it, the game has achieved it's goal of being entertaining.

Ramza Beoulve
03-11-2006, 04:30 AM
So what if it's easy? As long as it's fun (surprisingly, not everyone considers the same things "fun" as you do) for the person doing it, the game has achieved it's goal of being entertaining.

I say "suffer the risk of loosing fun", no "is not fun"

I will quote something you already say, "So what if" others have different ideas of what is fun?

I was only saying my opinion, not making a law.

Beyond
03-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Actually, you said that making the game easy would take away all the fun from it. If you didn't mean that, then you should have worded your posts better.

Ramza Beoulve
03-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Actually, you said that making the game easy would take away all the fun from it. If you didn't mean that, then you should have worded your posts better.

I worded ok, and say "you suffer the risk", remember?

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2006, 11:16 PM
HEY!!! I did not post just to have a debate chase me out of my own thread!!! yeesh...

anywho...y'all do things your way, I'll do them mine.