PDA

View Full Version : Very Dissapointed

The Last Ancient
03-07-2006, 12:18 AM
That the cast of pirates isn't apparently doing the voices which they were supposed to. Some legality bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, honestly it was one of the parts I was most excited about exploring, now I wish they'd take the pirates world out of the game. Hearing some douche trying to do Jack is gonna be ridiculous.

here for a limited time
03-07-2006, 12:34 AM
reall? damn, its still gonna be great though:D

Slayer1514
03-07-2006, 01:17 AM
that would suck really bad but i wouldnt go as far as to say take it out because then they would have to go back and take everything out of the game refering to the pirates world like the credits, keyblade and other things like that witch could delay the game even more with how slow square enix works.

flip_boi
03-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Legality bull? I thought it was just some scheduling conflicts. Since the POTC cast is filming POTC 2:confused:

The Last Ancient
03-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Well whatever it is it can't take that long to record the voices.

SeeDRankLou
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Well whatever it is it can't take that long to record the voices.
It can take quite a while. And hey, if you are busy in another city doing a four or five month movie (maybe longer), then yeah, you're too busy. Johnny Depp is a busy man, he does a lot of stuff. And I'm sure the other two have their own careers. I just hope the person doing Captain Jack Sparrow will do at least a decent job.

IceAngel
03-07-2006, 01:55 PM
He better do a good job... who is actually voicing him again?

The Last Ancient
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
It can take quite a while. And hey, if you are busy in another city doing a four or five month movie (maybe longer), then yeah, you're too busy. Johnny Depp is a busy man, he does a lot of stuff. And I'm sure the other two have their own careers. I just hope the person doing Captain Jack Sparrow will do at least a decent job.

It's not like they're doing a whole game, they only do there little section, I can't imagine it would take more then a few days. That's fine if though but the fact they were gonna do it and they they all pulled out says something else went down. And we don't know who is doing the voices.

SeeDRankLou
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
It's not like they're doing a whole game, they only do there little section, I can't imagine it would take more then a few days. That's fine if though but the fact they were gonna do it and they they all pulled out says something else went down. And we don't know who is doing the voices.
It's not like they just go in, say the lines, and they're done. They have to first get it right, second get it right with the way the characters are moving their lips on screen, and third get it right doing the second. There are takes after takes, sometimes they want it done in several different ways and they'll choose which one to use later. They want different inflections of the voice, yadda yadda yadda. This can take a week or two, even if you are doing just a few hours of script. When they are doing film, I've heard documentaries of actors saying that some 30 second scenes takes them all day to film. Take out all of the physical acting from that you are probably left with several hours to do 30 seconds. 30 seconds! Imagine several hours, it takes a while. Things happen in actors' lives, they get different/better stuff and they have to choose what to do.

here for a limited time
03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
agreed

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I heard this two. I mean, look at that girl who played Elizabith (What's her name?), She's been a load of movies recently. I won't be dissapointed. As long as Jack doesn't sound like Tidus or something! :P

Skyblade
03-08-2006, 12:54 AM
It's not like they just go in, say the lines, and they're done. They have to first get it right, second get it right with the way the characters are moving their lips on screen, and third get it right doing the second. There are takes after takes, sometimes they want it done in several different ways and they'll choose which one to use later. They want different inflections of the voice, yadda yadda yadda. This can take a week or two, even if you are doing just a few hours of script. When they are doing film, I've heard documentaries of actors saying that some 30 second scenes takes them all day to film. Take out all of the physical acting from that you are probably left with several hours to do 30 seconds. 30 seconds! Imagine several hours, it takes a while. Things happen in actors' lives, they get different/better stuff and they have to choose what to do.

Wrong. The characters lips are matched to the voices, not vice versa. Actors who do voices for video games agree that that is one of the things that makes it much easier than doing voice overs for movies. Other than that, essentially correct.

mooglebunni608
03-08-2006, 01:56 AM
that's so sad!
this is gonna be worse than holloween town! *cries*

Awesomeman
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Wrong. The characters lips are matched to the voices, not vice versa. Actors who do voices for video games agree that that is one of the things that makes it much easier than doing voice overs for movies. Other than that, essentially correct.

I saw a program on television once, and voice actors match their voice with the character's lips. But this was with a cartoon movie, I would expect the same process would be for video games as well.

SeeDRankLou
03-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I saw a program on television once, and voice actors match their voice with the character's lips. But this was with a cartoon movie, I would expect the same process would be for video games as well.
That mistake was made with Final Fantasy X (or at least when they made the English version), and if you played it you saw the result. Now, they let the voice actors say their line, and then they move the lips to the sound. I would imagine it's much easier. With cartoons, they are already drawn, so it would be difficult to redraw the 30 some odd frames again. But with video games, there's probably some program their moves the character's lips, and all they have to do is go back and tweak the program a little, or something like that. But the voice actors still do have to speak within certain contrainsts of how the character is moving and if they turn their back or wave their arms, things like that. It would be funny if a character who is becoming angry raises his voice several seconds after throwing his arms in the air and making mad eyes.