PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Ringers.

Giga Guess
03-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Do you make your own? What do you use as your ringer? Is it one of the defaults?

Currently, thanks to the Razr data cable, I have the ringer from the Collector (I think I'll attach it as no one seems to know what that show is) as my main one, the Fairy Queen theme for my texts ringer, and Medli's Prayer as my Voicemail waiting tone.

Anyone else?

escobert
03-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Right now I have Nas - Theif's Theme for my ringtone. I buy them online.

Lynx
03-07-2006, 01:08 AM
i have lockes theme that i got offline. it was free too its cool.

Rye
03-07-2006, 01:14 AM
I value my cell phone money, so I just make my own ringtones by recording a song that I have on the computer. I'm really not into having a jillion ringtones, so I just have the intro to Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal. It's the least obnoxious ringtone I can think of. I also have Ghostbusters.

Shoeberto
03-07-2006, 01:15 AM
I just found a USB cable that fit my phone (it used the standard USB-B connector or whatever it's called) and searched online for the software to connect it.

I have some Radiohead midis on there right now. I don't use them as ringtones, though, I just have it on vibrate. Less annoying to others that way.

Shlup
03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
My phone doesn't have a composer, so I can't make my own. I haven't fiddled around with it enough to download any ringtones or anything, just game.

My phone ring is... a phone ringing. Yes, my phone actually rings. Crazy, I know.

Rye
03-07-2006, 01:21 AM
I think the sad thing is that my Dad set one of the house phones we have to have a custom ring. It makes me so mad. I hate that ring. We have 3 phones in our house and two ring normally and the other is like "DooooOOOoOOOO DooooOOooOOO DO DO DO~~~" all fairy princessy and I hate it! xD

Giga Guess
03-07-2006, 01:21 AM
My phone doesn't have a composer, so I can't make my own. I haven't fiddled around with it enough to download any ringtones or anything, just game.

My phone ring is... a phone ringing. Yes, my phone actually rings. Crazy, I know.

*GASP* Blasphemy! I am SO going to have to queer eye your phone!

SoulTaker*
03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
For girls I got Mike Jones "Back Then" and for some of my friends it varies, Imperial March, Michael Myers theme, Michigans fight song, Super Mario theme, and some other rap songs. Yeah, Im addicted to ringtones. My phones my baby.

Ramza Beoulve
03-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, I made mine, because my cellphone supports various ringing styles for everything, also two Megadeth mp3, Liberi Fatali and Melancholy Joachim (Castlevania), with all this styles, I made a difference in school from the common (and awful) Reggaeton

Death Penalty
03-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I downloaded mine off the innernet. Its wait let me see oh yes its 2Pac-Ambitionz az a rider

SoulTaker*
03-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Well, I made mine, because my cellphone supports various ringing styles for everything, also two Megadeth mp3, Liberi Fatali and Melancholy Joachim (Castlevania), with all this styles, I made a difference in school from the common (and awful) Reggaeton
OOOO, Liberi Fatali would be a good one.

JackNapier
03-07-2006, 01:45 AM
I currently have Kefka's Theme for mine.

rubah
03-07-2006, 02:38 AM
I'd have to have a cell phone first.

Death Penalty
03-07-2006, 02:39 AM
I currently have Kefka's Theme for mine.
You and youre creepy obsession with Kefka

JackNapier
03-07-2006, 02:43 AM
You and youre creepy obsession with Kefka
Hey it'd be even more creepier if I was obsessed with Kuja or something.

th30wn4g3
03-07-2006, 02:51 AM
i got the winning fight thing from ffvi, when it rings i can tell who knows ff jus by looking around before i answer. i got the one for ffvii too if u guys want i send, but u guys prolly already know where to get it n /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

black orb
03-07-2006, 03:48 AM
>>> My crappy cellphone doesnt allow me to do my own ring-tones, I just have the default ones..

Shlup
03-07-2006, 03:54 AM
*GASP* Blasphemy! I am SO going to have to queer eye your phone!
My phone is already so queer that if you put it in your back pocket it'll automatically switch to vibrate mode. Oh snap!

Ramza Beoulve
03-07-2006, 04:06 AM
OOOO, Liberi Fatali would be a good one.

Yeah, it is really good, my favorite I have to say

Xaven
03-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Psh. All you Final Fantasy nerds. :p Band nerds all the way.

My default ringer (which doesn't happen often as every person in my address book has one of five custom ringers) is one of the first things I whipped up with my MIDI maker program. It's loud, and attention getting so it works just fine. Luckily it sounds way better on my phone than on my computer.

The first custom-ish ringer is one of the chorales we played in band in 7th grade, so, I use it for most of my band friends.

The next one is a weird and annoying MIDI version of Tunes of Glory, which my cousin's high school is playing all the time (it's Scottish). I use it for him and all of his side of the family. The flute voice on my phone is all whacked out, so it's insanely high pitched and loud... Really hard to miss.

A third and fourth are Disney ones that I bought way back when. It's You Can Fly, You Can Fly, You Can Fly, and the "It's a Small World" Theme. I use it for them for my closest friends. I move them anywhere because I bought them so they're just stuck where they are until I delete them.

The last one is another one that I wrote, and I use it for all my family excluding that one side. If any of you remember, it's that one song called Resolutions. I like how it sounds on my phone.

Here some of them, if you care.

Edit: I think I really overdid this post...

Ramza Beoulve
03-07-2006, 05:52 AM
A third and fourth are Disney ones that I bought way back when. It's You Can Fly, You Can Fly, You Can Fly, and the "It's a Small World" Theme. I use it for them for my closest friends. I move them anywhere because I bought them so they're just stuck where they are until I delete them.

Time for vengeance, Disney nerd :P, hehehehe just kidding, is great, including the fact that KH united all of us :D; also You Can Fly is a great song.

ffxfreak93
03-07-2006, 05:54 AM
i currently i have one winged angel(chorus) for my ringtone

Acid Raine
03-07-2006, 06:35 AM
i currently i have one winged angel(chorus) for my ringtone

ooo. So do I. That one is for family. If it is anybody else, it's Terra's theme. :rolleyes2

Rusty
03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
My ringtone is Pharrell feat Gwen Stefani - Can I have It Like That. My ringtone to let me know I have a text message is Eminem - Without Me.

Mirage
03-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I converted the Interrupted by Fireworks and Flowers Blooming in the Church MIDI files to polyphonic ring tones with a program i got with my mobile phone. I've used those two for 2 years now, and I don't plan on changing them. My text message tone is just a single beep, because anything longer than that is just plain annoying.

Levian
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I have the Power Rangers melody as my ring tone. It makes me feel special. So when I'm around friends, I usually yell "OH MY GOD, IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

I have some Radiohead midis on there right now. I don't use them as ringtones, though, I just have it on vibrate. Less annoying to others that way.

People that don't have ringtones annoy me.

Shaun
03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Anyone who buys them is very silly. :P You can easily just download MIDIs and transfer them to most modern phones. Or mp3s for that matter.

My current ringtone is a wave file of the CTU ringtone from 24.

Giga Guess
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
My phone is already so queer that if you put it in your back pocket it'll automatically switch to vibrate mode. Oh snap!

Rrrrreally? Can I....erm....borrow it for a weekend? :p

Leeza
03-07-2006, 07:55 PM
For all I know my phone can compose, but I'm too lazy to figure it out. Mine was just a regular ring tone, but I could never tell if my phone was ringing or anyone else's in the office. So, I downloaded my first ringtone this morning. The first thing on the list that I could recoginze was <i>This Love</i> by Maroon 5. So, that is now what I hear everytime it rings and I will never mistake my ring for anyone else's in the office again. :cat:

KuRt
03-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I have the starting solo of HammerFall - Legacy of Kings.

Self made

SammieBabe
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
For the longest time on my old phone I had the theme from the Bewitched and All that Jazz from "Chicago". And for text messages I had "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"...Currently I have Franz Ferdinand "Take Me Out" as my ringtone...

Faris
03-07-2006, 08:59 PM
I love my ringtone :love: I bought it though.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Haha I have This Love by Maroon Five :p
For a text I have One Winged Angel :) And Take me Out by Franz Ferdinand for my friends.

Twisted Tinkerbell
03-08-2006, 12:27 AM
I have the theme tune from The Muppets.

Giga Guess
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
i got the winning fight thing from ffvi, when it rings i can tell who knows ff jus by looking around before i answer. i got the one for ffvii too if u guys want i send, but u guys prolly already know where to get it n /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Can you post the Victory theme, please?

Shaun
03-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Sheesh, it ain't hard. :p Just go to www.vgmusic.com and download the MIDIs. And then transfer them via bluetooth or USB cable to your phone. Hell, you could even create a wapsite and host them on there, then access it on your phone. OR, another way to get FF music is to print out the exact MIDI file's link (preferably from VGmusic) and access that link from your phone. It should access the MIDI file and allow you to save it if your phone supports MIDI. Hope this helps.

Giga Guess
03-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Gracias!

Jess
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
My phone is a mp3 phone, so I uploaded Prodigy - Breathe and use that as my ringtone. :cool:

Iceglow
03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
i got the polyphonic for My Chemical Romance Helena it's the best one I can find at the moment thats free

Xaven
03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Sheesh, it ain't hard. :p Just go to www.vgmusic.com and download the MIDIs. And then transfer them via bluetooth or USB cable to your phone. Hell, you could even create a wapsite and host them on there, then access it on your phone. OR, another way to get FF music is to print out the exact MIDI file's link (preferably from VGmusic) and access that link from your phone. It should access the MIDI file and allow you to save it if your phone supports MIDI. Hope this helps.
I just email my MIDI ringtones to my phone. Much easier.

Winter Nights
03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm using the Ghostbusters theme.

Dreddz
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I use one thats already on the phone. Satire is what its called, I liked it.

Zante
03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I have the star wars opening music as my ring tone. Not that I ever turn it on, I preffer to stick with vibration only.

Mirage
03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
I do that for my wallpapers. I just host them on a regular apache server and type in the exact link in my mobile phone browser.

Zeldy
03-08-2006, 09:38 PM
In The Shadows I think. I can't be bothered brushing the dust off it to find out.

Ramza Beoulve
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Yay! I obtained The Black Mages versions of Dancing Mad, One Winged Angel and Maybe I'm a Lion in my cellphone, and in mp3! now I can die happy :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm hearing some seriously weird ringtones these days

Yuffie514
03-08-2006, 10:47 PM
...Boardwalk. i really hate the ones that makes repetitive beeping sounds.

~SapphireStar~
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
On my old Nokia I could make and record my own. But for some reason my Samsung will only let me download them to my phone. Theres no recording device on the phone, so I have to either have one of their boring tones already on the phone. Or spend £2.95 on a ringtone and download it ... and I did. Gorillaz ~ Feel Good Inc.

th30wn4g3
03-09-2006, 01:48 AM

thanks buddy, but here are mine jus for the hell of it.