PDA

View Full Version : Some questions...

Meimeiken
03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Ok, I'm just gonna be blunt, but please don't think I'm being rude because I don't want to offend anyone?

Basically, which Final Fantasy Should I play? I have played bits and peices here and there, but which do you think is the best?

Anyone Know when the FFXII Potion is coming out?
- Anyone know where it will be sold(the collectors edition)?
Any release date set for FFXII in america?

Advent Children
- Just any movie stores?

Thanks,
-Adam(meimeiken at gmail dot com)

rubah
03-07-2006, 04:12 AM
I"m partial to ff8 myself.

Also, since this doesn't concern any other SE games, it might as well be in teh General Final Fantasy section:)

Big D
03-07-2006, 04:18 AM
FFVII's my all-time favourite, but I can understand why others don't like it, or find it inaccessible. FFX is reliable fun, as is FFIX. The old-school games are definitely worth a look, too.

Advent Children will hopefully be available at any DVD/game store, though there might not be as many copies available as there would for a more 'mainstream' movie.

FFXII is coming out in Japan in less than two weeks, but it'll probably be at least 6 months before we see an English translation. No official word yet, though. Considering Square-Enix's recent trend toward delay, I won't be too surprised if the date is pushed back to sometime nearer the end of the year, or maybe even early 2007.

The FFXII Potion drink seems like a very Japanese marketing tie-in, so I doubt it'll see the light of day in our countries... but there's no harm in checking the beverage shelves at your local deli importer store:)

black orb
03-07-2006, 04:30 AM
>>> If you are not a ff fan you should play FF10 first. If you play the others you`ll get bored in no time..

Stayin Dizzy
03-07-2006, 05:14 AM
>>> If you are not a ff fan you should play FF10 first. If you play the others you`ll get bored in no time..

From my experience I've yet to find anyone who just fell off them. 1 & 2 start a little slow but are good nonetheless (especially for gba IMO), 3 was great with thhe major job systems and decent story, 4 was also sweet with a major storyline and some real compassion for the characters, 5 was only good to me because it followed the others, 6 speaks for itself(a must play), 7 was in my opinion the best story ever and a great game, 8 was right up there and same with 9, 10 was super sweet but theres a lot of FF to experience before I'd jump on it

black orb
03-07-2006, 05:30 AM
1 & 2 start a little slow but are good nonetheless (especially for gba IMO), 3 was great with thhe major job systems and decent story, 4 was also sweet with a major storyline and some real compassion for the characters, 5 was only good to me because it followed the others, 6 speaks for itself(a must play), 7 was in my opinion the best story ever and a great game, 8 was right up there and same with 9, 10 was super sweet but theres a lot of FF to experience before I'd jump on it
>>> Yeah but FF noobs doesnt know that, atleast FF10`s great graphics and smooth action will keep the FF noob entertained.. And then they will not complaint why the game wasnt anything like the opening FMV..

Dreddz
03-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Ill say FFX is your best bet if you have never been much into the series, but if you have been playing the series long before. Get....FFVII !!!

NeoCracker
03-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Go IX, VI, or IV. Tactics could be good, I know a few people who got into FF because of that game. It was IV for me.

starseeker
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
I'd go with X or maybe VIII, VII is a bit hard to follow in places.

Heero Yuy NWZC
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
It doesn't really matter. If you want an easy FF to start with, i would go with IX. It was not too difficult as the others that came after VI. It introduces you into FF and how it works. The storyline is pretty easy to follow. Lots of things to do! After that, you should go back and play VIII and VII, those are a bit more complex and have more detail to them via storyline and difficulty.

Morridor
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I would say start out with FFVI. It'll get you interested in the series and then you'll be ready for the later ones. All of the fundamentals of a good FF are in VI and then you can go through the series from VII through X. Personally, I would skip X because I didn't like it at all, but that's just my opinion.

Danny

silentenigma
03-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Play FFVI, FFVII, and FFIX first.
They're pretty darn good and they're pretty darn easy.
Easy is good especially for an FF beginner

Meimeiken
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Well...

Thing is I've already played IX, X, and XI..

So you could basically say I got in at 9, but I have a problem keeping intrest. Thing is I'm not what you would call talented at video games. I'm the kind of guy that would probably cheat :P, but I found out with FF, that isn't much of an option. I couldn't beat beatrix at the end of Disc 1 of IX, couldn't beat X, and had to take myself off 11( grades were droping :P ). I plan to get 12 when it comes out, but I was just wondering what game would give me the best jist of everything. I'm kinda looking for the game with better gameplay than storyline, since, well...I really don't know much about the story line. I kinda want a game the will emulate 11, with the specific jobs classes, etc.

Thanks,
-Adam

rubah
03-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Sounds like you want x-2 xD

--One Winged Angel--
03-08-2006, 06:13 AM
yea from what your sayin, ffx-2 would be your best bet.

Meimeiken
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
do I really need to complete FFX to know what is going on in X-2?

thanks,
-Adam

starseeker
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
No but it helps, X-2 spoils the ending of X. I played X-2 before X and it kinda spoiled the ending of X. V has job classes.

Big D
03-08-2006, 11:14 PM
X-2 would make absolutely no sense if you hadn't played X. The characters, world events and overall plot would be meaningless, as well as difficult to comprehend. X is definitely the better starting-point.

crono_logical
03-09-2006, 12:18 AM
FF6 was the first RPG I played, and that got me hooked onto them :D